Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Youtube blocks HHC-Shows
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Hirschi
Average Member

Germany
244 posts
Posted - 2014/07/31 :  12:19:43  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Hirschi's homepage
Hello,
since I'm not permitted to start a new topic in the HappyHardcore.com Radio section, I'm starting one here. A couple of weeks ago I've noticed that new videos of Cotts did not appear in my Youtube subscriptions even though he was promoting them via Facebook. Clicking on them resulted in a the following error message: "Live Streaming is not available in your country due to rights issues."
Then I decided to watch older sessions with Jimni Cricket or Cotts on Silvers Channel (hhcstoreglobal55). But sadly I got the same message at first and now these videos disappeard. Next attempt was my own hhc playlist. I was a little more upset when I realized many of the videos from hhcstoreglobal55 are not playing anymore due to licence problems.

I've read that YT pressures smaller labels to sign contracts for their new streaming service and artists that don't obey...well...are cut from their fans like me.

Is there hope that this will get better? Does anyone has similar experiences?

Alert moderator

Edited by - Hirschi on 2014/07/31 12:25:05
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/07/31 :  16:52:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
might be GEMA striking back. I would blame them first before YT and hhc.com

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  03:00:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
It's Germany, they have uber strong laws or something on streaming, in fact I've seen on some sites separate options to stream to Germany.

Try a VPN and let me know if you still have the problem

Hirschi
Average Member

Germany
244 posts
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  23:52:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hirschi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
might be GEMA striking back. I would blame them first before YT and hhc.com

Well, GEMA plays a part in it, but I think that's not the main problem. Why? I'll explain in a second. I'm not blaming hhc.com for anything! The purpose of my topic is
a) to inform that I'm now unable to listen to recorded live shows, and
b) to get more information an details why this is the case.

quote:
Originally posted by silver:
It's Germany, they have uber strong laws or something on streaming, in fact I've seen on some sites separate options to stream to Germany.

Try a VPN and let me know if you still have the problem

Yes, live streaming is difficult but German law is only partially responsible for this, as I'll explain later. Tunneling YT videos through a VPN might work, but that is not free, as far as I know.

And here is why I think YT is to blame. First, it's important to know what kind of video it is.
1. A uploaded video (that contains music)
2. A live streaming video (that may contain music)
3. A recorded streaming video

1. YT searches all videos for music and movie scenes and informs the labels and/or collecting societies. YT has contracts with most collecting societies in Europe in order to compensate for music usage by their users. GEMA, which is the German collecting society, wanted a certain amount per view, which YT did not want to pay. GEMA may be to blame for beeing too greedy but other Germany video websites like myvideo.de did come to an angreement with them, so maybe YT is a little greedy, too.

As a result, YT is blocking nearly every video with popular music in Germany, even though there is no claim from any label, just not to risk beeing sued and to pressure GEMA to give in.

2. Live streaming cannot be searched since it is unknown what's the content of the stream. That is the main reason why YT blocks every live streaming to Germany, because the video stream may(!) contain licenced music. Another reason is the German law that, under certain circumstances, interprets live streaming as a national broadcast that requires a broadcasting licence which neither YT nor the broadcaster (e.g. hhc.com) has.

3. Videos from past streaming sessions are searchable for licenced music and 'hot' scences. If YT would do this, not all of past HHC shows would be blocked in Germany. That's why I could watch most of them until a couple of weeks ago. But now it seems YT blindly blocks all streaming videos no matter what. So that's YT fault entirely.
In order to prove this, can someone grab an old HHC session from YT and uploaded it again as a normal video?

Greetz
Hirschi

Edited by - Hirschi on 2014/08/02 12:49:08
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/02 :  08:13:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
try unblock us u get a free week trial for VPN.... i used it to get the WWE network in the uk which isnt available yet

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2014/08/02 :  09:17:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
try unblock us u get a free week trial for VPN.... i used it to get the WWE network in the uk which isnt available yet

Hola extension is free. https://hola.org/

Hirschi
Average Member

Germany
244 posts
Posted - 2014/08/02 :  12:48:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hirschi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
Hola extension is free. https://hola.org/

Thanks, I'll look into that!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/02 :  13:44:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
It's 100% GEMA's fault. YT have gone this far to almost block everything shown in Germany because GEMA has relentlessly attacked them, because german court allows it

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page