My Area
Register
Donate
Help
FAQ
About us
Links
Articles
Competitions
Interviews
About HHC.com DJs
T-shirts and merchandise
Profile
Register
Active Topics
Topic Stats
Members
Search
Bookmarks
Add event
Label search
Artist search
Release / Track search

Raver's online
 Total online 1422
 Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

  Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 

Claxton Live @ Stomp! 01-08-14

 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
960 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  19:01:10  Show profile Send a private message
WOW!! What a night Stomp! was on Friday from beginning to end. One of the best raves I've been too in a long long time.

Here is a recording of my set featuring MCs MRC & XTC. I tried to blend classics into more upfront tracks to keep the dancefoor moving. Enjoy! ANY feedback in welcomed!!


https://soundcloud.com/claxton/claxton-live-stomp-01-08-14


Tracklist:
1. Eclipse - 24/7 (Breeze & Styles Remix)
2. CLSM - Free Your Mind (Sy & Unknown Remix)
3. D:Code - My Direction (Squad-E Remix)
4. Dougal & Chris Fear - Bring Back The Rave
5. Scott Brown - Promise
6. Scott Brown, Al Storm & Euphony feat. Danielle - Spinning Around
7. Fracus & Darwin - Free From Form
8. Jd-KiD & Kimet - Be Here With You
9. Helikaon & Erik de Grijze feat Ephexis - Exploder
10.Dougal & Gammer - Brainstorm
11.Discotronic - Tricky Disco (Squad-E Remix)
12.Breeze & Styles - The Beat Kicks (Gammer Remix)
13.Dougal & Gammer - Fires In The Sky (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
14.Fracus - All Night
15.Ron Reeser & Tall Sasha Feat. Elle Vee - Indigo Sky (Scott Brown Remix)
16.Dougal & Gammer feat. Jenna - When I Close My Eyes
17.Rhythmics - Siren
18.Fracus & Darwin feat. Poison Rain - About To Fly
19.RedMoon Feat. Meron Ryan - Never Let Go (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
20.Nu Foundation feat. Fran - Take Me Over
21.Brisk & Darwin - Every Time ('90s Revival Mix)
22.Darren Styles - Satellite (Update)




Alert moderator

Edited by - Claxton on 2014/08/08 10:17:16
Mortis
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
7,493 posts
Joined: May, 2004


341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/08/06 :  19:28:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
That's an amazing mixing style you've got.

__________________________________
"Maybe in a day and age in which even our rappers can't get to the end of a verse without having an existential crisis, we should find a place for happy hardcore"




Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
6,744 posts
Joined: Oct, 2011
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  06:59:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage


What a fcuking set.



__________________________________
http://HardcoreHighlights.com/




Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
6,744 posts
Joined: Oct, 2011
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  11:39:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage


Ben, you should send this set off to other promoters and try and get some more bookings mate. Can definitely see you getting solid bookings at small and medium-sized raves over the next 12 months and beyond.

You play extremely crowd-friendly sets without cheaply packing them with overplayed classics. Loved hearing My Direction last week. I heard it and thought "That's My Direction" but then I thought "Nah, no one's played that at a rave in years". But then, yes, it was indeed My Direction.

It's little touches like that within your track selection that makes the difference. It's a glorious luxury to have when you don't have to worry about packing your set out with your own productions.





__________________________________
http://HardcoreHighlights.com/


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Darts
Senior Member



United Kingdom
455 posts
Joined: Jun, 2010
Darts has attended 35 events
Posted - 2014/08/07 :  17:06:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Darts's homepage
Agreed, Jay!

Fantastic set. Well deserved of the praise it got on the night, and afterwards too.


__________________________________
If you're open to criticism, you're able to accept negative feedback about yourself or your work without reacting overly emotionally. Feedback is an opportunity to learn.




Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
960 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  10:25:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Thank you very much everyone :D I'm over the moon with the feedback I've had about this set.

Jay, I would love to get my name out there and get more bookings. I just feel that the lack of events locally to me holds me back slightly. I always feel cheeky sending a demo to someone without attending their event. That's also why I try and do the artwork printed onto the CD's to help me stand out from others.

Most of the events I attend outside of the north are the big ones which obviously I don't have a chance of being booked at.

Recently I think I'm meeting more people from the 'scene' and building my contacts which will only help. I guess I just keep doing what I'm doing and hand out demos where ever I go and I'm sure opportunities will arise.

I agree Jay, I think a DJ who doesn't produce has the shackles completely off. Although I would like to get back into production again.


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
960 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/11 :  21:03:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Bump!!



Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
3,356 posts
Joined: Feb, 2007
Posted - 2014/08/12 :  03:48:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Nice, will give this a blast on the way home from work :)

One day I will make a Stomp!


__________________________________
FSH V2 - FREE Mixed & Unmixed Digital Album!

Music from Fracus & Darwin, M-Project, Sc@r, Future Shock, IYF & Nobody & more!

Download FREE >> http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=74301




Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
960 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/13 :  11:59:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Nice, will give this a blast on the way home from work :)

One day I will make a Stomp!



I hope you enjoy it :)

Yes, you should. It's such a brilliant event!


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
960 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/21 :  16:24:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
up!!



Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
2,251 posts
Joined: Nov, 2001
Posted - 2014/08/21 :  16:28:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Claxton got a booking, in Kettering, off the back of this mix. Well, that and demonstrable taste.

That is all.

CDJay


__________________________________
Http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk




Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
9,325 posts
Joined: Feb, 2003


572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/21 :  16:47:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Great DJ in booking shocker!

The world's gone mad, mad i tell ya!


__________________________________
Taking my time to perfect the beat




Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
6,744 posts
Joined: Oct, 2011
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/08/23 :  10:44:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Claxton got a booking, in Kettering, off the back of this mix.




Gutted to be missing it! Especially gutted to miss Ben play his debut HU set. Can you make sure it's recorded, please?



__________________________________
http://HardcoreHighlights.com/


Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
9,325 posts
Joined: Feb, 2003


572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/23 :  12:05:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Why you not going Mr Jay?

__________________________________
Taking my time to perfect the beat




Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
6,744 posts
Joined: Oct, 2011
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/08/23 :  12:19:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage


It's Big Matty's wedding the next day and as much as I have faith in my ability to plough through into two, three of four days of drinking in most circumstances - I want to be fresh for his big day. :-)



__________________________________
http://HardcoreHighlights.com/


Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
9,325 posts
Joined: Feb, 2003


572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/23 :  12:27:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Understand that mate, even you have limits ;-)

__________________________________
Taking my time to perfect the beat




Alert moderator Go to top of page



New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

    

1999 - 2026 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page