Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  10:21:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
I tried to do an album with FW back in 2011 or 2012 after I told him all about my label but communication with Breeze fell apart after a few weeks, not sure why.

I want to do an album next year with another label, spoke to Arkitech but he's gone AWOL. Might try and do something with A.B when he's finished his next CD project...or maybe the boys at HU are up for it?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  12:29:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We'd love to.

As part of my pre-New-Years resolution, I'll be a bit more open whilst remaining vague enough to hopefully stave off controversy.

Lack of engagement, and collaborative intent, is the reason the scene is indisputably in a bad way.

Lack of support for, well, us, and various other mid tier types over the past few years has driven away more talent than I care to think about. When we did HU1 in 2006 it was because so much was being ignored. In 2009 we managed to put out HU3 *and* HU4. Compiling HU7 to the desired standard is only possible with the presumption I can rely on a newfound ability to license from FW etc.

Additionally, HU was only ever intended to work as a "bridge" between the commercial stuff and the less visible subsets and artists of the scene. We gave up our aspirations of reaching mainstream audiences partly as a survival stratagem (focus on core market, get more out faster to retain interest) and partly because we've never enjoyed the support at major events or from major DJs and album licenses. In fact even basic support in sharing album releases on FB seems to be beyond many.

Worse still over the part few years, Fracus and I wasted *MONTHS* putting together fairly robust, forward thinking, album proposals TWICE involving major players and brands only for them to fall apart. I can't state loudly enough just how much better things would be had either of those two albums come to fruition. The first would likely be on volume 4 at this point, and the second would have provided a real cash injection across the board whilst getting the genre the visibility it now so desperately needs. I won't, and probably can't, go into detail on either publically but the difference is that I will now quite happily shout loudly at industry people about it. Years of treading on eggshells have gotten us all nowhere, and I'm ever so bored of being Nostradamus.

Even as I typed this, we've floated an album concept towards some of those listed. We're yet to receive a reply from an e-mail sent ~ a month ago. I don't purport to have all the answers, but why we're struggling to get sensible discourse from concerned parties at this point eludes reason.

Finally, and I can't believe I'm *still* having to moan about stuff like this, we'd be a hell of a lot more effective as a label/enabler if I didn't have to spend as much time worrying about why HU DJs are STILL getting such poor support at major events. It's bewildering. I can only presume that we've been away working, and others have spent the time re-enacting some sort of Game of Thrones politicking. God knows. We've demonstrably tried to support everyone, as per, and precisely no-one seems to be doing the bare minimum to fight our corner. Sadly, also as per.

To summarise: Yes. FFS.

CDJay @ Help Us Ltd.

Basically, you're bending over backwards to help others and give them a viable means of getting their music out there, and they still appear too lazy to do anything about it.

Gammer has publicly said before that you guys are a pleasure to work with and give artists complete freedom with their projects. Maybe he needs to have a word with said parties.

Releasing albums = more music written.

It's that simple. Or are we going to have a scenario where we continue with the overwhelming amounts of 'Classics Sets' for the next few years?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  12:49:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Still far too much emphasis on MY releases, MY event, MY label etc from far too many.

They'd much rather hang on to their small part of a small scene than share what could (and should) be a much bigger thing. ONLY HU have bothered to help other labels and artists release their music, and if it wasn't for them (and Thumpa) I wouldn't have bought much music at all this year.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  13:20:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Still far too much emphasis on MY releases, MY event, MY label etc from far too many.

They'd much rather hang on to their small part of a small scene than share what could (and should) be a much bigger thing. ONLY HU have bothered to help other labels and artists release their music, and if it wasn't for them (and Thumpa) I wouldn't have bought much music at all this year.

This! As Jon alluded to, the lack of support that HU receive from the major names in the scene is scandalous. Whereas, on the other hand, HU are actively and constantly pushing different parts of the scene. They play everyone's music on their podcasts and release albums for artists affiliated to brands which probably haven't been too accommodating of HU in times gone by.

If only everyone in the scene showed the same selfless traits it would be a much healthier one.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  14:04:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Exactly. Nobody is suggesting promoting others at your own expense (even though HU do that) but a bit of mutual back scratching will benefit everybody in the long run

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  14:26:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
They play everyone's music on their podcasts and release albums for artists affiliated to brands which probably haven't been too accommodating of HU in times gone by.

If only everyone in the scene showed the same selfless traits it would be a much healthier one.

Look at podcast listings. Look at compilation tracklists. Look at Fracus' Ravin Eye reviews. You'd think we'd be near the top of promo lists, right?

Nope.

It's all thoroughly inexplicable, and whilst deeply hurtful I'd understand if there was some sort of ultimate regal buffet we just weren't invited to. I'd resent it all a lot less if I thought anyone else was doing anything of use, that might by proxy benefit the wider genre. I'm literally at the end of my tether and spend a lot of time just muttering "BUT... WHY!" as I bleakly observe Facebook, Twitter et al.

I don't mean to join the doom 'n gloom brigade, as there's a lot of good stuff going on and many "irons in the fire" as it were. I just wish everyone was a lot more like Joey Riot. Does what he says, gets his affiliates behind it, and generally works in a positive manner towards a mutually beneficial goal. Is that too much to ask? Really?

We're always here, and willing to talk. Hell, we're willing to walk through fire if the objective is worthwhile and I'm fairly sure we've proven that level of commitment and collective masochism by now.

CDJay

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  16:26:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
I buy 95% of hardcore albums straight away when there released, if not then i get them eventualy but I can safely say that if FW and HU did a joint project id only buy it because of HU's involvement
ive never been a fan of the sound FW pushed.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Edited by - Mansy on 2014/12/08 16:33:15
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  16:45:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
They can't even get a best of CXH out so I won't hold my breath for anything else in the near future

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  16:50:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
They can't even get a best of CXH out so I won't hold my breath for anything else in the near future

Im really not looking forward to the best of CLXH. I feel i have to buy it as ive got the other 9 volumes. Although atleast its the last one!

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  20:35:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
I tried to do an album with FW back in 2011 or 2012 after I told him all about my label but communication with Breeze fell apart after a few weeks, not sure why.

I want to do an album next year with another label, spoke to Arkitech but he's gone AWOL. Might try and do something with A.B when he's finished his next CD project...or maybe the boys at HU are up for it?

Stamina Records Vs. Rebuild??!?!? Ohh God take my money NOW!!!!!!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  20:59:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

FW did happen to release this today, funnily enough.

http://www.beatport.com/release/mark-breeze-ep/1427803

15 Seconds is quality. I've gotten used to the robo-riff thing. The Sometimes remix is alright too.

Jon - feel your pain bro beans. Must be demoralising as fcuk. I'll fund a tequila night in Magaluf in the summer. We can get messed up and slag everyone off. To their faces, as well, if they're there.

quote:

lol. I'd forgotten that was even planned.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2014/12/08 21:00:02
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/09 :  00:35:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
quote:

Im really not looking forward to the best of CLXH. I feel i have to buy it as ive got the other 9 volumes. Although atleast its the last one!

Just wait awhile until they're a few pounds for a used one on amazon. I don't see myself listening to them either, but I find it a nuisance having an incomplete set lol

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/12/09 :  03:10:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Simply put, Future World & their artists desperately need to reconnect & network with other areas of the scene, establish relationships with the guys that push boundaries, take risks, create music.

They've become far to comfortable in their "untouchable position" & by signing up a lot of the "creative" talent & shunning the rest, their effectively smothering their own scene, its unacceptable.

It also has to be said that the majority of those involved appear to have lost a lot of their passion & courage. Guys in their position are crucial in supporting the scene & ensuring its as diverse as possible.

FW - Grow a pair of f**king balls! Embrace the HU, the Nu Energy, the Rebuild, the Stamina & all the other movements that are effectively keeping the purists of the scene interested. Stop worrying only on what the kiddies think. Flip the DAWs upside down! Experiment & blow my f**king mind! & if your that scared of whether it'll sell or not, here's a crazy idea, give it away, under a new alias if you have too, but for christ sake, don't forget the foundations that have enabled you to create yours.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/12/09 03:20:33
versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/12/09 :  03:46:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Look at Fracus' Ravin Eye reviews.

Has a bad review ever been given out in Ravin' Eye?

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/12/09 :  07:10:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Well to be honest if you look at all of the main FW producers;

Styles - makes as much good as he does crap and to be honest i rarely notice any of his stuff come out
Dougal & Gammer - Dougal doesn't seem to do much without gammer and these two are FAR past their best and the latter while able to make some good stuff, is by far the worst.
Recon - Isn't really part of the scene any more and i don't really notice anything from him either.
Hixxy - By far the most flexible and talented producer of the lot is pretty much dead music wise which is a shame.
Breeze - Do i really have to say anything?

I'm not concerned with the nobodies who make up the rest of them though maybe i missed one or two of note? or maybe not and that's why i missed them. FW is not a patch on HU and it would be an insult to CDjay and the crew to suggest otherwise. When FW was formed, there was a lot of big talk and that's it, all talk. HU has pumped out project after project and i for one am truely grateful.

Edited to add: There's not a single FW producer i would ever want to see on a HU project.

Not sure where you mind was when you wrote this as Re-con has had new releases every second month this year. He is definitely still in Hardcore.

Re-con & Klubfiller - Freak
Re-con - Scared
Re-con, Styles & Whizzkid - Jump up
Re-con & Unknown - Money bitch
Re-con - Just Release me
Re-con & Unknown - I see monstas massiah
Re-con remix - Treading Water
Re-con remix - Bring you to life

And I know he produced a few more than this too.

Also while Dougal & Gammer don't produce together nearly as much as they used to. Most of the tracks they have done together or separately with other producers in recent years have been their best to date.
Is more about quality than quantity with them these days.

Dougal & Gammer ft Hanna Falkner - The one
Dougal & Gammer - Float Away
Dougal & Gammer - Monster

Dougal has done some brilliant ones with Chris Fear too.
Dougal & Chris Fear - Bring back the rave
Dougal & Chris Fear - Harder

Your definitely way of the mark with Dougal & Gammer being past their best as producers. Are very much ahead of alot of the pack with their recent tunes.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2014/12/09 08:58:50

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page