Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/08 :  09:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
I appreciate the feedback people, its great to see its gone down so well :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/02/08 :  19:25:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Fantastic album musically. I think that Skinny & Ken's mix is my favourite. Very strong!!

One problem!! The wavs don't seem to be liked by much. My car stereo won't play the unmixed tracks and I can't burn them to disk either. Which means I will have to re-rip them. Slight annoyance.

Any idea why this might be the case or has anyone else come across it? Could be a codec issue? Or a protection issue?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/08 :  21:09:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Fantastic album musically. I think that Skinny & Ken's mix is my favourite. Very strong!!

One problem!! The wavs don't seem to be liked by much. My car stereo won't play the unmixed tracks and I can't burn them to disk either. Which means I will have to re-rip them. Slight annoyance.

Any idea why this might be the case or has anyone else come across it? Could be a codec issue? Or a protection issue?

Thanks for the feedback mate, that really is strange considering the wav files were gathered from so many parties & left exactly as I received them. Its the first ive heard of anyone having trouble in this way but something definitely worth looking into. Could it possibly be the way your burning the files at your end mate?

Is there anyone else out there experiencing similar problems? Ive burned these to a few discs now & been blasting them through my CDJs & various stereos for a while with no trouble.

Big thanks for the kind words on our mix mate, glad your enjoying it :) we wanted to offer something original but include the vast majority of our featured tracks in unmixed form also.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/02/08 :  21:22:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
not listened to any of it yet. gonna have a mix now with the unmixed see what i think of it :)

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/02/08 :  23:13:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Quite a few of the files on CD4 are 24 bit. This is likely the problem because not all burning software will convert from 24 bit to 16 bit for you; some just give errors or say that you have incompatible files. This also explains why you care stereo won't play them; most consumer audio devices that I'm aware of can't play 24 bit.

CD5 should be just fine though. All of those are standard 16 bit - 44.1 khz.

EDIT: To be specific, tracks 1, 4, 9, and 10 on CD4 are 24 bit. Hope this helps work out the problems.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2015/02/09 05:26:47
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/09 :  05:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
With so many labels involved there's been a real variety of master wav files submitted. I didn't feel it was beneficial to reduce any quality & convert files from what the labels have seen fit to release previously.

If people are having trouble though it may make sense to address this, & if your are having trouble please convert any files accordingly. Apologies.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/02/09 :  14:00:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Updated the thread since I have the honour of being the album's first propagandist.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/02/09 :  14:09:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
With so many labels involved there's been a real variety of master wav files submitted. I didn't feel it was beneficial to reduce any quality & convert files from what the labels have seen fit to release previously.

If people are having trouble though it may make sense to address this, & if your are having trouble please convert any files accordingly. Apologies.

What were you doing awake at 5:30 on a monday morning mate?

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/02/09 14:09:51
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/09 :  19:21:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll alter the tracks mentioned & hopefully it'll avoid anyone having trouble in future. I honestly didn't realise that would be a problem, definitely noted for future albums!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/09 :  19:23:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

What were you doing awake at 5:30 on a monday morning mate?

Starting work :'(

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/10 :  07:25:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

It means a lot to hear you say that mate, considering the standard of labels that were featured.

We wanted to put together as strong a mix as possible while giving all the tracks away for free. I want to roll this plan out more across all mixes on vol 2 :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/11 :  23:36:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Updated the thread since I have the honour of being the album's first propagandist.

Thanks honourable dude.

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/02/13 :  21:11:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Woop, missed this. On the download!

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
634 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2015/02/13 :  22:43:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
i forgot to say. amazing work Olly on the artwork!

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/02/14 :  17:17:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Just started listening to the 'Unmixed' CDs and I'm really pleased that most of the tracks I picked out as being my favourites from the mixes have made it.

This project really is top quality and not some shabby free album thrown together. Hats off for that. Artwork and music is top notch!

It has also opened my eyes to some producers I wasn't really paying much attention to such as Andy Wilson and Bridson. Fantastic stuff!!

Oh... and IMGburn which I use usually wouldn't burn them to disc but Nero does automatically convert. So that made life very easy!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page