of 2

Author Thread  
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/02/17 :  11:28:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Oakenfold did a sweet goa mix in 95 (sweet for the tracks, not the mixing) that he re-released a year or two ago called A Voyage Into Trance. Now that I dj I can recognize his technical skills are crap, mostly just x-faded 4 bar mixes, but the tracks alone are worth the price

Alert moderator Go to top of page
weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  03:07:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
top local spinners/produders GMS & Nick Taylour

WEBA D

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/02/18 :  10:36:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
This has to be said...
MASSIVE RESPECT TO THE ISRAELIS!!!
they make some of the best Goa

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/02/27 :  22:37:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage  Reply with quote
Everyone keeps sayind D&B is an evolution of Jungle which is true but its not the only form of evolution. What about Hardstepping, Fungle and even Big Beat. Which I hear you cry came from breakbeat but breakbeat started the 'core' of the jungle sound.
Now to be honest I know absolutely nothing abou Goa, in fact most trance in general. Was always put off by the amount of crusties and hippies in to it. Would listen to 'Gong' (and if you hadn't you should) for that. Some one please enlighten me to good trance bad trance (don't say f&f I know who they are) what are the different styles and is it easy to mix?

Your into the sound of Rebellion

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/02/27 :  23:23:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie c:
Everyone keeps sayind D&B is an evolution of Jungle which is true but its not the only form of evolution. What about Hardstepping, Fungle and even Big Beat. Which I hear you cry came from breakbeat but breakbeat started the 'core' of the jungle sound.
Now to be honest I know absolutely nothing abou Goa, in fact most trance in general. Was always put off by the amount of crusties and hippies in to it. Would listen to 'Gong' (and if you hadn't you should) for that. Some one please enlighten me to good trance bad trance (don't say f&f I know who they are) what are the different styles and is it easy to mix?

Goa trance started in the late 60's. Basically, it began with a bunch of hippies from all around the world that gathered on the beaches of India. They fused, what was then, experimental sounds from Germany with the local Indian music. They were also very influenced by a whole lot of halluncinogenic drugs. Today, Goa has evolved quite substancially.
I must admit, I'm not quite completly very well educated in this field of music, but I'm learning
Personally, I like some of what Infected Mushroom has put out. But then again, that's quite comercial. Flying Rhino Records in the UK is real big too. Israelis do a lot of the best sounds though, they are really strong in Goa. I'll play some tracks for ya over the week end if you want.
The scene here in Belgium is way underground & dominated by the flems. It's really good though, you should come check out a party with me sometime

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/03/06 :  01:51:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage  Reply with quote
Cheers angel,
We should do that. I sit easy to mix?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page