Have you grown out of hardcore?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/03/10 :  16:15:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
and you can still wake up and wonder WTF`ing trash you brought

"But the sample sounded so good" or "It sounded so good live"

it sounded boss last night, i tell ye

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/10 :  17:39:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
I hate to say it, but I've massively grown out of it, and I can detail quite easily when I enjoyed it and what era appealed to me the most. Hardcore thrilled me around 2007, 2008, 2009 when I was a college student. In the years after that, I produced with the ethos to recreate tracks of that style and do for others what that music did for me.

I'm not really sure what the ethos behind my productions are now. I suppose make every track an anthem and never ever make a track purposely designed to be a 'set-filler'.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/03/10 :  18:27:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I hate to say it, but I've massively grown out of it, and I can detail quite easily when I enjoyed it and what era appealed to me the most. Hardcore thrilled me around 2007, 2008, 2009 when I was a college student. In the years after that, I produced with the ethos to recreate tracks of that style and do for others what that music did for me.

I'm not really sure what the ethos behind my productions are now. I suppose make every track an anthem and never ever make a track purposely designed to be a 'set-filler'.

This is exactly me as well. Except I would prefer to say that the music changed rather than me. If tracks in the style of that era were still being made, I could see myself being into it. It was only in recent years that the style completely left me behind.

dungeonseeker
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  13:34:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dungeonseeker's homepage  Reply with quote
LMAO hell no i haven't, if anything my love of everything hardcore has gotten worse as i got older.

During my teens i used to listen to hardcore exclusively (be it hardcore techno, happy hardcore or gabba/technoie stuff) but as i got to 16/17 House and Trance began to emerge and i moved away from hardcore in around 99 (not entirley, i did still dip in and out from time to time) but by 2005 i was totally bored of the bland and generic horsecrap the House & Trance scene had become so I began to go back to my roots and moved back to hardcore again.

Fast forward to 2015 and I am 33 and going out to Raves at the rate of one or two a quarter, it helps that Core Blimey opened up in Crewe (which is a 10 min train ride from me) but honestly i am worse now than I ever used to be. 4 Break and old skool, happy hardcore (old skool), happy hardcore (nu skool), hardcore techno, techno, hardcore, gabba, frenchcore, schranz, hard techno, hard house, hard trance, pretty much anything thats above 140bpm with a heavy/hard/bouncy bassline and i'm a pig in shit.

For instance right now i have been awake since 5am, have to go back into work in 20 mins for the afternoon shift and am pumping out some frenchcore while this morning I was drivving into work at 5:45 with Vibes & Livelee pumping out of my stereo.

Edited by - dungeonseeker on 2015/03/12 13:36:29
Gazcore
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  14:43:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazcore's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore Underground & Lethal theory/Powerstomp have kept my attention hardcore.

I've always liked the music but it used to be on a par with hard dance/house and trance. Now its my fave and I'm enjoying it more than ever.

I've always liked the bouncy hardcore and miss Seduction & Stormtrooper but LT have continued that sound and those cd's I look forward to the most.

I enjoy the other albums as well but tracks by artists like F&D are mixed for me, some are great but others I don't enjoy. I like Al storm, fear, klubfiller, modulate, unknown and upcoming artists like Yorkshire ripper.

Look forward to HU7 although I was slightly disappointed in the end with HU6, especially Scott Brown's mix. (HU2013 was far better IMO) - also I HATE gabber!!

Edited by - Gazcore on 2015/03/13 14:44:43
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,484 posts
Posted - 2015/03/15 :  12:47:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
You don't really grow out of it but tastes do change. Some tunes I was 'digging' ten years ago don't appeal to me so much now because I heard them thousands of times but its always great hearing old favourites after a long break and there are always new favourites to add to the list of music to enjoy.

I still like the same concept though, hard kicks as always and never really strayed from real Hardcore, never got into the whole Dubstep thing when it came about and still never got why 'UK Hardcore' was so popular in the first place

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/15 :  14:31:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
'UK Hardcore' was so popular in the first place

Given that the name change was established around 2002, you listen to a lot of it!

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/19 :  00:14:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
Essentially, yes, in the sense that I don't really follow the modern scene any more, and only have a fleeting interest in a number of artists and labels. Yet despite that, and probably due to being quite heavily invested in Hardcore throughout my teens and twenties, I still have a passion for it. I still want it to succeed and see the right people do well.

'Growing out' of it is not necessarily the right term though. If I listen to old Impact Records or Kniteforce, or early Freeform, I still get a huge buzz. I guess if anything, I've grown out of the evolution of Hardcore. Keeping up to date with the goings on combined with the politics, fall-outs and narcissism of many just wore me down and it was easier to disassociate and get back to enjoying writing and DJing as a hobby, which has eventually lead to the rebirth of the Elation events - albeit primarily focusing on classic Hardcore. Staying involved at a healthy distance is enjoyable :)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/03/19 :  00:25:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
Essentially, yes, in the sense that I don't really follow the modern scene any more, and only have a fleeting interest in a number of artists and labels. Yet despite that, and probably due to being quite heavily invested in Hardcore throughout my teens and twenties, I still have a passion for it. I still want it to succeed and see the right people do well.

'Growing out' of it is not necessarily the right term though. If I listen to old Impact Records or Kniteforce, or early Freeform, I still get a huge buzz. I guess if anything, I've grown out of the evolution of Hardcore. Keeping up to date with the goings on combined with the politics, fall-outs and narcissism of many just wore me down and it was easier to disassociate and get back to enjoying writing and DJing as a hobby, which has eventually lead to the rebirth of the Elation events - albeit primarily focusing on classic Hardcore. Staying involved at a healthy distance is enjoyable :)

Will Elation be releasing music again too?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/19 :  08:59:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
If we do it'll be for free.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/03/19 :  09:17:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
If we do it'll be for free.

Belting, here's hoping!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page