Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  17:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
All clips are here :

https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/sets/the-100-series

Wowwww, loving pretty much all of them! Wicked

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  18:37:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Cyrax wins Freeform for being nice

CDJay

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/04/15 :  20:25:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Clips for some of the Unknown album have gone up: https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/chris-unknown-im-alive-preview

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  04:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Clips for some of the Unknown album have gone up: https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/chris-unknown-im-alive-preview

The only track I enjoy there is Takin' Me Back. Love the vocals there.

If Raise Ur Fucking Hands came out 3 years ago I probably would have enjoyed it, but I'm sick to death of the formula of starting out with a great lead only to end with a shit drop. That trend got old really fast, like the triple beat mess that came out like 6 years ago.

Killa Sound is a perfect example why Chris Unknown shouldn't do anything by himself.

A Different Stylee isn't too bad, but I don't envision myself warming up to it all that much either.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  06:09:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
All clips are here :

https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/sets/the-100-series

Breathe remix is an ok, but I think the Scott Brown sound is getting a bit boring for me lately.

Really love Shimamura's remix of Breakin Thru, so much diversity in that one, piano riffs and electric guitars!

Stars Collide remix is really fun!

Dirtbox remix is one badass remix, been a fan of it ever since I first heard it on the HU live album.

Aside from the Bad Boys sample, 2 Bad 2 Rude is Al Storm quirkiness at its best!

Haunted actually makes for a great powerstomp remix. M-Project does not disappoint with this one!

Other than that high-pitched mess that came on around 0:35, I absolutely love the energy from the Talk To Me remix! Real stomper of a tune!

A Place For Us remix has this happy hardcore vibe combined with modern hardstyle that I am loving! Should be a big hit on the dancefloor.

I haven't been the biggest fan of Fat Steve & Dave Castellano projects in the past, but they did Won't Forget You justice.

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original, and a track that I could never have imagined anybody able to do anything different with it. But taking it the freeform route, just wow!

Taste the Silence remix I find to be much better than the original. I couldn't even remember the original until I looked for it on YouTube. But yes, the remix improves on the original!

Original Muffin sounds good, but it might not be a track that gets a lot of play on my end since I'm not a huge fan of rave breaks.

All in all amazing album! HU certainly does 24/7's 100th release justice here! I kind of wish HU was around at the level it is now when Evolution had their 100th release. It probably would have been a higher quality project had it been a CD release than a digital album.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  10:33:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original, and a track that I could never have imagined anybody able to do anything different with it. But taking it the freeform route, just wow!

We originally wanted to remix a vocal anthem but either someone else was already doing one or we picked a track that had been done a few to many times.

There was a point when the remix pack arrived that we thought we wouldnt be able to do it due to the way the original was set out, I am sure I saw a worried look on Transcend's face as this was slightly out of the comfort zone.

Glad we did though as feedback has been positive so far.

Edited by - Cyrax on 2015/04/16 12:08:02
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  10:53:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original,

silly bugger, either you need to re listen to the original, or you need to re-read the definition of remix!

Brilliant remix! I love how it took the main melody and stuffed it right down the freeform pipe, what came out the other end was brilliant! :)

One of my favourite things in music is when producers take songs and *actually* remix them right down to changing the style of the track. It echo's back to the mid 90s when you'd buy a CD single and you'd get 5 tracks on them and they'd all be totally different styles: Dune's Who Want's To Live Forever is a good example there...original ballad thing then a drum n bass remix, a eurodance styled remix and then a hardcore remix. Last time I checked mainstream the official remixes all seemed to be on exactly the same sound. I can't remember what it was....Lana Dull Ray - Young And Beautiful, I think.

Anyway. Internet running low here, so have only had the chance to listen to that remix, looking forward to hearing the other clips whence the internet has charged back up.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2015/04/16 20:44:54
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  19:28:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha I think the remix is great, completely different vibe from the original, really cool .. also gives me space to do a slightly refreshed update down the line! So yeah .. Thanks again!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  23:06:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

Is Jumpin' even considered a remix??? Almost completely unrecognizable from the original,

silly bugger, either you need to re listen to the original, or you need to re-read the definition of remix!

I know what a remix is you cumdumpster!

I'm just saying so much work has been involved in this remix it goes above and beyond what you normally expect from a remix. To take it from bouncy hardcore and convert Jumpin' to a freeform track is a huge surprise, but it certainly pays off!

It's definitely one of my favorites from the album!

Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/04/16 23:08:13
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/04/16 :  23:37:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

We originally wanted to remix a vocal anthem but either someone else was already doing one or we picked a track that had been done a few to many times.

There was a point when the remix pack arrived that we thought we wouldnt be able to do it due to the way the original was set out, I am sure I saw a worried look on Transcend's face as this was slightly out of the comfort zone.

Yeah, great effort there - completely different angle!

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/04/17 :  04:50:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I agree with what others said: excellent remix! As soon as I heard it I knew it was my favorite one on the album. Of course I'm a huge fan of everything you make.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/17 :  06:49:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Those 2 are seriously doing the business right now.

Freeform for everyone.

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2015/04/17 :  08:08:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
If there was a like button, I would like so totally like those comments right now . Totally

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/04/17 :  10:08:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I'm just saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UxXW6tfl2Y0#t=81

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2015/04/17 :  12:39:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
Totally..

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page