Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 WIP feedback please
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
youngson has donated money to the site youngson has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/07/21 :  00:07:27  Show profile Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage
Hey, hopefully you can give me some feedback. Producing is my number 1 hobby atm and I'm really serious about it this time after giving it up half a dozen times. However I don't have any producer friends :( Let me know what you think :)

Alert moderator
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/07/21 :  23:43:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
the clap it too loud
it needs to be 5 bpm faster,
you need more changes on your hats on the 4/4 bar to roll with it
the back ground lead needs some whooshes

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/07/21 :  23:52:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
like this

and the lead whooshes

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  09:39:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
It's sounding good so far, it just needs a bit more in the way of percussion to get some movement going.

youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  10:43:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
like this

and the lead whooshes

Thanks for the comments, I already figured the clap was a little loud. Putting it up to 180bpm, is that not a little fast for producing? I have no problems doing it though :D
I don't really understand what you mean by the lead needs to whoosh. Do you mean like at 3.30 of the second video?

youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  10:45:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
It's sounding good so far, it just needs a bit more in the way of percussion to get some movement going.

Thanks for listening, i'll see what I can do. I really struggle to make open hats sound remotely good and not out of place. Maybe I am using the wrong type of open hat. Also my closed hat's seem to always get drowned out by my clap.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  11:42:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Panning your Hi hat left or right (most seem to go with left) so it stands out from the bass a bit more. I think a tune like you have here would sound good with a nice, tight, snappy open hat.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  16:49:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:

Thanks for the comments, I already figured the clap was a little loud. Putting it up to 180bpm, is that not a little fast for producing? I have no problems doing it though :D
I don't really understand what you mean by the lead needs to whoosh. Do you mean like at 3.30 of the second video?

whooshes, as soon as you press play on the second video, they are just extra sounds to roll over the 4/4 bar when leads change or something else happens

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  17:11:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
What he means is the white noise/sweep effect. You can get loads of them for free or make your own using white noise and a high or low pass filter.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  17:28:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
its not really white noise, its more of a real posh virus vacuum with alot of hi pass reverb

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  17:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
they have 4000+ osc`s and voices, the only things that come close to it are tone2 gladiator or reFX nexus 2

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  17:42:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
its not really white noise, its more of a real posh virus vacuum with alot of hi pass reverb

It might well be, but a basic version of the effect is white noise and filter, job done. Obviously you can add other things such as delay, reverb etc but for someone who is just starting out it's not something I would try to overcomplicate.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  17:52:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
tone2 gladiator is only ?99 so its all good

youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  18:32:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage
Okay thanks, I understand now. I guess I never really considered this sound before, thanks!

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/07/22 :  18:34:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
The one thing I would say about sweeps/riser/downfilters or whatever you want to call them is not to overuse them. Remember less is more.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/07/24 :  15:38:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
the clap it too loud
it needs to be 5 bpm faster,
you need more changes on your hats on the 4/4 bar to roll with it
the back ground lead needs some whooshes

For me, personally, the clap is fine. Doesn't need much reduction at all.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page