Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Raver Baby Tunes
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
deejaybee is verified hardcore artist deejaybee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2001/07/09 :  11:19:32  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message
Ok I bought that new Raver Baby tune "Wanting To Get High" and i thought noting of it. I then went to Hardcore Heaven and heard it drop in the crowd went absolutly nuts and i mean this was anougher level of nuts. I predict that the tune will be the new anthem of 2001 anyone else agree? Also anyone know anymore raver baby tunes that are worth getting hold off?

Regards

Deejay Bee

Inferno Ravers - "We Are Where The Fun Begins!!!"

Alert moderator
happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/07/09 :  13:56:31  Show profile  Send a private message
hixxy & ufo - it's alright - a defnite must. quality choon on hixxy's new raver baby label. also the remix of i wanna be a hippy is quality.

Charlie says "always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere"."Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/07/09 :  14:03:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
Thought u didn't like trancey stuff happyraveuk!
IMO all of the raver baby tunes are quality.

------------------------------------------------------------
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Robbie_Jay/

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/07/09 :  15:07:13  Show profile  Send a private message
Personally I think the RB stuff is pretty weak. it's playable, but weak... i was especially disappointed with the remix of Wanting to get High... So sad... :( the vocal sounds like poo in the rmx IMO... :(

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/07/09 :  16:46:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
wanting to get high might be one of the anthems of 1996, but that new rmx is poo!

adam

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/07/09 :  21:37:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
There is some real nice stuff coming when Hixxy was in town and playing he droped some new raver baby stuff that is at the moment unreleased... quaility.

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/07/10 :  07:14:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
I like the RB stuff myself, it's different, yes, but IMO it's pretty damned good.

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'

deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2001/07/10 :  12:39:13  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
Ok So is that I wanna be a hippy tune on Raver Baby then?

If anyone knows the label please reply to this message.

If Wanting To Get High is not the anthem of 2001 what do u wreckon will be?

Regards

Deejay Bee

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/07/10 :  15:22:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
deejaybee:
Its hard to tell cos' there's no decent stuff being produced these days

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/07/10 :  16:18:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:

Ok So is that I wanna be a hippy tune on Raver Baby then?

If anyone knows the label please reply to this message.

If Wanting To Get High is not the anthem of 2001 what do u wreckon will be?

Regards

Deejay Bee

i believe i wanna be a hippy is in fact being remixed and released on RB..as far as anthems of 2001 go, there just arent enough quality choons being released for any of them to become anthems imo.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2001/07/11 :  05:56:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
Damn right there are no good tunes being released anymore. Im not sure that any of the new talent out there are going to do any better either. I think that my respect for people like Vinylgroover who have gone and dumped Hardcore for Hard House have done it all for the wrong reasons. Hardcore is not only a type of music it is a feeling and therefor people like Vinylgroover should do it for the love.

I know that they have to make a living as well but lets be honest Vinylgroover has left Hardcore completly. GOD I HATE GLORY HUNTERS!!! If all dj's and promoters did what he has done then hardcore would die and that is a very scary feeling. S*** this is a bit of subject isnt it. Anyway posts and replys on this is you would.

Cheers for the tip on I want to be a hippy. Next generation are doing some good stuff at the moment on blatent beats i just got that Liberation and that is possibly the best Hardcore tune released this year.

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/07/11 :  12:04:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
no need to pick on vinylgroover...tho yeah, he coulda done what brisk did and thats produce both hard house and hardcore..hard house for the money and hardcore for the heart. vinylgroover isnt the only one who ditched hardcore. you wanna pick on someone, why dont you pick on demo? he ditched hardcore way before anyone else did. said hardcore was dead..and a bit prematurely imo. force and styles have also done the same thing, as has slipmatt and daniel bunter. these guys need to pay bills..hardcore record sales had dropped tremendously. what else are they supposed to do? im sure some of them have families to feed. tho i do think they couldve just done what brisk and ham did. just my .02.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/07/11 :  14:59:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
ok...
I think the anthem of the year is gonna be
Energy & K-Komplex - Wipe Away
It's ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!
Yes it may be freeform but i LOVE IT!!!
Its forthcoming on go mental...12" only :-(
What do u all think

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  01:25:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
deedaybee: Vinylgroover left the scence basically because he needed to pay his bills, hardcore doesn't make the money it did back in 96. I know Vinylgroover personally (he stayed my house for two weeks actually), he is loves hardcore and everything it is, but he doesn't have a day job all his money comes from producing tracks and licenceing so a investment in hardcore is risky at the moment, but don't give up on Vinylgroover and hardcore just yet... there's a hint for you careful readers out there.

There are loads of new artist stuff coming. These tracks are quaility (NG, TWO, BB quaility).... trust me on this one you wont be disapointed at all when these track roll in over summer.

deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  07:21:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
If you read my article I said that I understand that he has to pay the bills but why just leave hardcore. Brisk has managed to stick in there and good on him, I am not picking on anyone im sure that vinylgroover is not the only one that left hardcore in the lurch but he is the one that sprung to mind when I wrote the article. Hey come on man all back off as Hardcore Ravers are supposed to be happy not argumentive it was a statment not a fact!!!

Oh I know silver taht you dont like links but I think that this would benefit all here take a look at www.benpaul.uklinux.net where there is an excellent hardcore website.

Defenetly worth signing up to and please vote as well.

dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  09:03:25  Show profile  Send a private message
everything has to boil down to money in the end, its the way the system works, weather you like it or not. sad but true

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page