Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Opinions of my work-in-progress?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:51:42  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
Hello all. I'm kinda shy when it comes asking things like this as I've noticed a lot of people posting up there own work and nobody giving any feedback, so I'm kinda sceptical of doing so but I would greatly love any opinion or feedback to my work as I've never had any apart from off friends, and never posted on YouTube or done much with them.

But hear is a track I was working on a while back and isn't finished, but I'd welcome any feedback on my work, I don't know what my work sounds like to others haha.

Dj Gaz mace-E - We can do it if we try

https://m.soundcloud.com/dj-gaz-mace-e/we-can-do-it-if-we-try

Bare in mind it hasn't been finished and would love it if someone could just take a few moments to have a listen and we're I need improvement etc :) I do have completed tracks I'll post up soon too, thanks guys

"you ain't headlinin' if you ain't redlinin'!!"

Alert moderator
DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  23:52:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage
pump down the volume of the melody and add reverb. but it's a hot track m8 good game ;)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  00:58:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ SMALOUM:
pump down the volume of the melody and add reverb. but it's a hot track m8 good game ;)

Thankyou! :) tbh the lead has next to No compression on it, I find it hard to pre master it as i do pretty much all of it on headphones and not with monitors.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2015/10/08 :  03:00:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
not bad. 2 observations, though:

1. the panned lead stands out a bit much.

2. the plucky sound's melody near the end of the tune sounds off key.

welcome to the forums. :)

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/10/08 :  07:43:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
The melodies are nice but the pluck that FDB mentioned is definitely out of tune. On my speakers (which aren't great for music) the main lead sounds a bit messy, it sounds like it has some white noise on it and it clutters up the space between the lead and the percussion. Other than that it's sounding really nice and I think you should definitely finish it.

Edited by - Mortis on 2015/10/08 07:43:51
Royzourboy

United States
38 posts
Royzourboy has donated money to the site
Posted - 2015/10/08 :  23:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Royzourboy's homepage
Ah dude that chord progression at the beginning reminds me of Fairytales. Pretty cool so far. I'm not a huge production nut, so I don't have much advice to offer in that vein, but I do like where it's going.

Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/09 :  00:22:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
Thanks for the input guys! I'm contemplating removing the panned lead altogether, but I don't know if the track requires such a riff, like it's missing something? As for the white noise sound it's weird because I notice it thru the speakers, but not when I'm monitoring thru headphones and I'm not sure how to resolve it?

thestash27
Starting Member

Australia
9 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  11:35:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit thestash27's homepage
I think the panned square lead is good and harmonizes well enough. But it needs EQ'ing to sit better. The Pluck sounds ok as well. Overall, just needs mixing down a bit better. Other than that, it's good! I'm kind of in the same boat as you. No-one listens to my tunes and gives me any feedback. Maybe you could check out mine aswell and criticize me a bit? :) I'm "new" to the forums, but I used to be a member here along time ago!

thestash27
Starting Member

Australia
9 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  11:36:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit thestash27's homepage
https://soundcloud.com/thestash16/take-off

Any critics?? It's not complete so the structure is rough, but hey!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page