Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 can-o-vibe
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
mindkandi
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2001/07/17 :  16:04:21  Show profile Send a private message
If any of you are interested there was a big incident at can-o-vibe. The police raided the party and there is alot of controversy about the legality of the search warrent that they were supposed to have had, and lots of other un-plury stuff. check out www.stlouisraver.com , there is alot of shit going down that could affect your rave community and you need to be informed on whats going on.e-mail me at [email protected] if you need info on how you could help if you are interested. Thanks
P.L.U.R.
dennis

p.s. we need your help to keep our scene alive, and to get our rights back to make it even better.

A rave is a spiritual awakening through electronic music and the vibe that surrounds it.

Alert moderator
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/07/18 :  09:26:43  Show profile  Send a private message
So was AJ Cook actually arrested? The article isn't too clear on this. This is the exact same thing that has happened at many other raves in the US in the last few years. At least this was not as bad as the busts normally are.... The ACLU has taken a serious interest in protecting the rave scene in the last year or so, which is good, but nothing will be done. Ravers have no rights in america and the media will point out that the police found drugs on a few ppls to justify the raid. This raid was probably done under justification of the "Crack house" law that was used to justify the New Orleans bust a few months ago. This law basically says that police can do whatever they want if they think there are drugs at a location, with no warrants or restrictions.

"America, land of the free from 1776-1868"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
mindkandi
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2001/07/18 :  13:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message
no A.J. wasnt arrested, but they were seriousley threatening to. Yet he sat there and continued to inform us of our rights. RAVERS HAVE RIGHTS!!! but unless you stand up for them were screwed. To sit there and say we dont, thats why were having this happen. I am a citizen of the united states of america, and i intend to take full advantage of those rights. i intend to make sure that every other raver out there has a chance to use them as well. but to do so we will need help. we will need to stick togethor. Ravers are being screwed over simply because we have allowed ourselves to be. your right, as of this time, raveres have no rights. but that is because we have not exercised them. regardless of wheather its because we didnt know of them, or just didnt care, we need to take them back.
So, please, I dont know any of you, im new to this board, but i know that what is happening is wrong. I also know that it isnt all about the drugs, and I KNOW that we can do something about this, but we will need help. We will all have to work togethor as one, like the family of ravers that we are supposed to be. So please, if you care at all, get off your butts and do something, cause if you dont, its all over.

A rave is a spiritual awakening through electronic music and the vibe that surrounds it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page