Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Let's have a guess at htid in the sun 2017
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  14:42:30  Show profile Send a private message
Hu have already said they're not involved, where do you think it could be? I don't think it will be magaluf, maybe somewhere like lanzorote or maybe even Portugal....

Alert moderator
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  14:45:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Or Skegness

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  15:17:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Wait, where did HU say they weren't involved? And if it falls on the same weekend as EDC then I can correctly guess Gammer and Darren Styles will be there but won't play any later than Wednesday night, or maybe Thursday depending on if they playas early as Friday at EDC.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2016/12/23 19:26:35
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  16:30:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Heard it's going to be in John O'groats next year. Source: DJ Sketchy

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  19:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
norway

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/12/24 :  11:38:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I never said HU weren't on HTID ITS 2017 (largely as I know precisely nothing about it); I did, however, say it didn't look like we'd be on HTID USA by default. Doesn't mean F&D *won't* be on, just that it's not as sure a thing as might be presumed.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/12/24 :  17:11:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I never said HU weren't on HTID ITS 2017 (largely as I know precisely nothing about it); I did, however, say it didn't look like we'd be on HTID USA by default. Doesn't mean F&D *won't* be on, just that it's not as sure a thing as might be presumed.

CDJay

I don't think it's been mentioned by them, but do you have any idea what city HTID USA is going to be in this year? You can pvt/dm message me if it's still a secret. Need to sort out on seeing if I can get my flight for free again.

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  12:56:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
https://www.facebook.com/htid.official/photos/a.239965007219.135882.29210007219/10154890413182220/?type=3

quote:
HTID in the sun returns in 2017! #HTID #HSU #hardcore #hardstyle #drumandbass #wow

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  13:11:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
No intention of going obviously, but after all the hype I didn't quite expect that.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  17:48:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
In maga again, exactly 1 month after the hardcore weekender, most people probably won't be able to go to both, I reckon the weekender will do better.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  17:51:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Further scene division in 5......4.......3.......

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  18:30:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I think it's great that it is only 4 days/nights long. A whole week of it started to grow old when it was in Lloret De Mar. What I don't think is great is the event starts on a Wednesday and the last sets are Saturday night. I think a Sunday night ending would have been far better like how most multi-day event end.

What's even better is that it doesn't overlap with Defqon.1 or EDC so if people want to do both now they can, and for those that give a shit about them Darren Styles and Gammer won't have to leave early to fly to the US for EDC.

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/28 :  13:31:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
That's three genres then, I know what they're trying to do, musical diversity and all that jazz, but for some people other genres is precisely the last thing that they want when going abroad for a holirave, I get the whole idea behind it, but for the purists out there it's not ideal, I know plenty of people who love hardcore but despise dnb for example, you don't get dnb raves like inno in the sun sticking hardcore on their events do you so why do it this way round? Htid should always be hardcore and it's derivitives, nothing more and nothing less, it's quite literally what hardcore till I die stands for, in certian situations yeah, multi genre really works, but something like in the sun shouldn't be, in my opinion anyway, if you dislike the other genres then it's either not gonna be for you or you'll find it a bit of a shit fest.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/12/28 :  15:03:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
That's three genres then, I know what they're trying to do, musical diversity and all that jazz, but for some people other genres is precisely the last thing that they want when going abroad for a holirave, I get the whole idea behind it, but for the purists out there it's not ideal, I know plenty of people who love hardcore but despise dnb for example, you don't get dnb raves like inno in the sun sticking hardcore on their events do you so why do it this way round? Htid should always be hardcore and it's derivitives, nothing more and nothing less, it's quite literally what hardcore till I die stands for, in certian situations yeah, multi genre really works, but something like in the sun shouldn't be, in my opinion anyway, if you dislike the other genres then it's either not gonna be for you or you'll find it a bit of a shit fest.

Quite some time ago now, but Innovation in the sun used to have an element of hardcore before HTID in the sun started in 2007. I remember Hixxy, Styles, Marc Smith to name a few, playing some sets in Llorret in 2005 & 2006.

Tbh I was never a huge fan of these multi-genre raves, such as tranzmission and the NEC NYE raves. Always seemed to be a lot more arseholes in attendance at them, probably because DnB is infamous for the number of idiots that go to DnB raves.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/12/28 :  21:41:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Didn't they already do this for HTID ITS 2013? I think it failed miserably because it completely killed their 2nd room that traditionally has been a gabber room. I remember lots of gabberheads were pissed. A good number of them did HTID ITS only just for the gabber room.

HTID ITS has too small of an event to try and make it multi-genre. If anything it looks desperate, like they don't have faith in their hardcore numbers to keep the event going so they try and find new fans from another genre instead of keeping their current fans happy.

And hardcore as a genre is plenty diverse to keep HTID ITS interesting. We have UK hardcore with different variations from all sorts of producers. There is of course gabber. But there is also freeform, and people ate it up when I went in 2012. They even had a boat party set which was awesome. There is also hardcore breaks which already has a heavy dnb influence but still hardcore. They can also consider including some makina in there, even if some makina djs and producers don't associate themselves with the hardcore genre. To not take this into consideration shows a lack of confidence in the genre. Might as well close up shop and probably try and push for an HTID stage at Defqon.1, Decibel, EDC, or even Tomorrowland.

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/12/29 :  19:35:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
They removed the #drumandbass pretty fast after negative feedback came on FB as well. Probably should have written #breaks and everything would've be well.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page