Total online 1594
 Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Last ever Darren Styles & Gammer B2B set!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
DJ Sketchy is verified hardcore artist DJ Sketchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/01/28 :  22:01:49  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage
Quoted from Darren's Facebook:

LOS ANGELES.. BRACE YOURSELVES!

THE TOUR YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IS HERE.

THE LAST TIME YOU WILL SEE Gammer AND MYSELF GO BACK TO BACK

TIX: https://goo.gl/QRJTuO

https://www.facebook.com/DarrenStylesDJ/photos/a.145262442165083.22860.137468199611174/1423640634327251/?type=3&theater

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  07:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
why? is one of them going to quit?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  07:49:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Gammers ego takes up too much space

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  08:45:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I read through some of it yesterday but there was no answer why, I think it is likely just attention seeking.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  13:59:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
So where Styles and Gammer the new Styles and Breeze just as S&B where the new Force and Styles?

Every ten years Styles gets a new partner?

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  14:31:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
So where Styles and Gammer the new Styles and Breeze just as S&B where the new Force and Styles?

Nah. People just collaborate whenever they want now than as a partnership.
I don't get the point of this "last ever" thing either. Just cheapens the whole idea when it happens again at some UK event in the future. Unless they are genuinely going opposite ways music wise for whatever reason.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  17:03:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
quote:

Talking of force and styles, saw them on friday night, at a predominantly hard house event in norwich called pams house, they had an old skool / happy 2nd room, that room was rammed from front to back for the whole set, amazing, after the set force stayed and did another hour, then later on kutski (who was booked on the main stage) came in and dropped a 94 to 96 set, and according to his twitter he got a bit drunk and ended up MC'ing the set himself too haha

Edited by - MC Deecee on 2017/01/29 17:13:35
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  18:08:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
quote:

Talking of force and styles, saw them on friday night, at a predominantly hard house event in norwich called pams house, they had an old skool / happy 2nd room, that room was rammed from front to back for the whole set, amazing, after the set force stayed and did another hour, then later on kutski (who was booked on the main stage) came in and dropped a 94 to 96 set, and according to his twitter he got a bit drunk and ended up MC'ing the set himself too haha

Sounds like a good event when the DJ becomes to MC

Was Styles playing Old Skool that night as well?

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  18:35:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
Indeed he was, F&S classics set, happy hardcore bangers all the way.

Edited by - MC Deecee on 2017/01/29 18:36:45
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/01/29 :  18:41:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
il pass; better shows in LA around that time !

unless they make it a classics set or something

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/01/30 :  08:24:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Strange thing to announce. Be interesting to see what they do this year if one of them is off the circuit. Producer's tend to take breaks from live events when they're producing albums or going on hiatus.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/01/30 :  09:26:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
LAST EVER GAMMER/STYLES B2B SET CANCELLED

American ravers have been left devastated by the news that the LAST EVER GAMMER AND STYLES BACK TO BACK EXTRAVAGANZA has been canceled. For US connoisseurs of the popular 'you play a couple then i'll play a couple' format the performance was set to be one of the most exciting yet.

We caught up with a kandi-kid known as 'Colors' and asked him what it was that had him excited - "Oh I just can't get enough of those guys! Seriously, Gammer is so cool, I was really hoping that he'd surprise everyone by dropping mainstream hip hop right into the Styles 2017 Satellite re-work, you know, the one where he changed the synth a bit and he slowed the word satellite riiiiiiiiight downnnnnnn before the drop? You know it's a great party when that happens, Drake vocals come blasting through the speakers and you look up and the strobe has slowed to a crawl, the big screen just says GAMMER and he's there silhouetted against it doing the best dab ever. I can't believe it's canceled. I'm gutted man"

The story was similar all across the popular Facebook social media site, we checked the BASSCON event page to see if we could get any more opinions on what might've caused this momentous set to be canceled but no one was willing to talk to us, presumably too upset to discuss it any further. The last post from Gammer simply mentioned that he was going to be playing the set with Styles and that it was the LAST EVER TIME anyone would see them back to back.

There was only one person left to speak to in order to solve the mystery. We gave Darren a call and can now exclusively reveal what happened -

"I thought this might happen. As you probably know me and Matt have been killing it in the US but we had a different approach, I dusted off the Antares Vocal and recorded some additions to my classic tunes, I've got a stylist now as well which seems to have been a positive move but Matt went a different route, he's been collaborating with that Kayzo guy for a while now even though I'm not entirely sure Kayzo is that keen after the first one. Anyway, it's awful really and I don't know how people are gonna take this but apparently Matt wouldn't stop texting Kayzo's phone, like all hours with beard stroking pics and stuff like that. Eventually Kayzo agreed to meet him and they were working on a couple of tunes, Kayzo was obviously getting into it. Matt showed Kayzo the most minimal and uninspiring trap drop that he'd been working on and Kayzo was going mad, it had this lil' wayne slurred vocal just before it, talking about how purple his drank was and Kayzo pretty much crawled right up into Matt's arse there and then.", Darren continued, "he grabbed hold of Matts face and just started pulling at his cheeks like a crazed auntie. Kept pulling and pulling until....", Darren's voice started trailing off and a single tear formed in the corner of his eye.

"They both disappeared up Gammer's arse."

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/01/30 :  11:01:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Where you bored or something? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/01/30 :  11:11:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
I dunno, I woke up and it just came to me

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/01/30 :  14:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
This is why i hang around here. :)

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/01/30 :  16:33:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I read far too much of that believing it was real

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page