Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Drugs at raves???
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2017/02/24 :  22:35:15  Show profile Send a private message
Hi everyone. I thought I'd sign up to this site as I'm always reading the forums and fancied joining on discussions. Anyway I love going to UK Hardcore event's and ppl never believe me when i tell them I'm not a drug taker. I don't need to pop pills to get a rush off the awesome sound's tearing through the place. Just wondered how many other ppl on here go to raves and don't do any drugs and at a guess how many hardcore ravers do you guys estimate do drugs at event's. Like in percentage terms??? Or am i the only one lol

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/02/24 :  23:35:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Couldn't put a number on it but a big percentage do drugs at events.

I don't, never have. Loads of my non raving friends think everybody is on something at raves.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  05:53:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
Never done anything, never had the urge to, the music and adrenaline is more than enough for me :)

If someone does want to do drugs at a party/rave, PLEASE Get your pills tested to not harm yourself or the ones around you.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  06:03:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I wonder how all of these people get jobs. I don't know how things work in the UK or other countries, but in the US you are subject to drug tests at many jobs, and certainly for higher level/degreed position. That is one reason I always avoided drugs (and health risks too, I guess) despite my curiosity. Finding an engineering job is hard enough right now even without failing drug tests.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2017/02/25 06:26:09
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  07:37:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Used to take copious amounts of ecstasy/mdma/speed/Coke every weekend, and even more when i went to raves.

That was in my younger days. Now at the age of 31, I just sit around the house in my straitjacket, mumbling incoherently and reminising about the good old days. Was it worth it? Absolutely yes.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  08:49:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Im one of those dirty druggies. Sorry

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  09:48:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
'Drugs and raves go hand in hand' and of course 'everyone is holding hands while being united in harmony and then they thrown their hands in the air when the big anthems start playing!'

These are just stereo types of course. I had dabbled in drugs in the past. I have been on them in raves but I actually preferred being on the pills at house parties. A good chilled out house party with the right crowd can be a good experience when you are playing a few good tunes while being on drugs at a rave is all good fun but there is always a lack of chillout space and you had better avoid eye contact with the bouncers.

I have actually been to a few minor local raves just drinking a and actually enjoyed it as it was a bit more like a standard pissup but with better music than your average bar.

The thing is I know a lot of people who lost interested in the scene when they stopped going out and stopped taking drugs. A few where introduced to it by friends and when everyone started drifting apart people just forgot about the scene.

For me I don't go to big events but I still listen to the music. It is the music I am interested in much more than the actual dancing and getting wrecked. For me the music is not something to 'rush to' but something that offers some sort of meaning.

Sure it would be great to go out again and get messy on some good pills but I don't really need it. I would rather have the music and be sober rather than be off my tits on drugs with no music at all

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  11:30:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I got into the music through the Internet so I dont know how the rave culture really is/was. I have been to a few club raves, but never taken any drugs. My friends also think I'm weird for not taking drugs when i listen to rave music

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  12:15:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
I never did them, I don't really go to raves anymore so I'm unlikely to start. I remember in the 90s people telling me that raves were some sort of drugs paradise, you need to be on something to enjoy the music, everyone is on ecstasy, etc etc, and I knew a fair few older people who were ravers and ended up completely fucked up, so I kinda believed it. I'm sure drugs helped but I didn't need pills to have a good time, I don't think you should need something to enjoy music. I was well aware that the majority of people around me had probably had a few garys but as long as I weren't being pressured into doing it, everyone's happy.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  14:07:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PhantomB's homepage
I agree, at least i know I'm not the only one that doesn't do drug's at raves lol

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  15:16:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
I never really doubted I was to be honest, but when people talked about it it was more about the fact they were doing pills or whizz or whatever, rather than the fact they weren't, almost like it was embarrassing to not be a drug user.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  16:16:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
I would say the percentage is likely very high for users but there's no reason why you can't have a good time sober too :)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  17:01:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Couldn't put a number on it but a big percentage do drugs at events.

I don't, never have. Loads of my non raving friends think everybody is on something at raves.

... You seriously went your whole raving career; let alone your life; without consuming any drug?

No way booze and Cannabis is included in that; right?

That is epic man. Props.

the lure of mushrooms and lsd investigating my mind was a curiosity i had to sate ;D

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/02/25 :  17:03:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by PhantomB:
Hi everyone. I thought I'd sign up to this site as I'm always reading the forums and fancied joining on discussions. Anyway I love going to UK Hardcore event's and ppl never believe me when i tell them I'm not a drug taker. I don't need to pop pills to get a rush off the awesome sound's tearing through the place. Just wondered how many other ppl on here go to raves and don't do any drugs and at a guess how many hardcore ravers do you guys estimate do drugs at event's. Like in percentage terms??? Or am i the only one lol

I rarely roll anymore; especially at parties. i ate way too much; and lost the magic years ago. comedowns are rough; peaks are harsh; experience is short.

will hella smoke weed; and sometimes drink though.

was doing lots of K ; but it ****ed my bladder up pretty good.. soo no more of that.

psys at raves are too much for me; i would lose my mind in that setting.

lots of people; are ****ed off and LOTS od hardcore ravers get ****ed off.

and now you all know why my name is trippn :D

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2017/02/27 :  22:55:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

and now you all know why my name is trippn :D

and here's me thinking it was because you were clumsy and always falling over *shrugs*

Edited by - robertybob on 2017/02/27 22:55:50
The Stisk

United Kingdom
130 posts
Posted - 2017/02/28 :  10:04:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Stisk's homepage
Never have, i always seem to get asked if im buying/selling drugs at normal city centre clubs rather than raves though lol, random!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page