Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/03/15 :  10:41:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
The most surprising thing is that you actually engaged in any kind of conversation about it. I would have shown no interest in discussing it whatsoever no matter what they think.
Edit: Just to clarify, i mean because the guy you are speaking to is not going to respond intelligently either way.

Nailed it.

If people ask what kind of music I like, I'll answer honestly. If people ask me whether I like happy/UK hardcore, I'll answer with a quick, curt "yes". I'm not ashamed of my music preferences; I just have a very low pain threshold for stupidity

In no case will I get drawn into a conversation about hardcore with someone who doesn't either show some genuine knowledge on the subject or a genuine interest in it. There's no point.

OP: if someone accused me of liking Cascada, I'd probably just say "close enough".

Edit: This post reminded me of how long it's been since hardcore was at its best.. hardcore peaked probably around the same time Cascada reached peak popularity. I'm suddenly all too aware that was an awfully long time ago now.. Damn. I hate those reminders.

Me and my first semi-serious girlfriend had Everytime We Touch as "our song". She was only a couple of years older than me. She's dead now. Crikey, I feel old.

Sorry to hear that your girlfriend died

I have actually seen a few tunes up on Youtube with some viewers saying that it reminds them of someone.

I am interested to know what the younger crowd listen to these days. I se that Dubstep has lost its hype now but I heard some mention of 'Trap House' what ever that is. Kids do still seem to be going out though, big events and a lot of festivals apparently so the younger crowd, those born in the mid 90s onwards are interested in the scene but with less focus on the actual Hardcore side of things

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/07 :  15:42:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
What do you mean people don't have a clue ? Htid its made money last year and the new 'hardcore heaven ' album sold out,and hixxy is the founder of htid, how is that not having a clue ?

You mustn't of read my post correctly, I said that a guy I worked with didn't have a clue what hardcore/happy hardcore music was, there was no mention of h.t.i.d or hardcore heaven, something which the guy clearly wouldn't know about, he claimed to have heard about dj hixxy before but he really didn't have a clue about him either!

lewiscanon

United Kingdom
71 posts
Posted - 2017/04/12 :  01:46:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lewiscanon's homepage  Reply with quote
I would honestly say everyone has there oon preferential styles aff dance music but am I right in saying there are different styles aff music in the Hardcore genre?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page