Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: North America
 WEMF - The story :)
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/06/26 :  18:00:47  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Here is some info I have on the reasons why WEMF is a little different this year ... Glad the WEMF crew are dedicated :)

After being screwed in Bobcaygeon (our original venue) and seeing non-existant SARS scare away all the people from wanting to head up here we had basically decided to give up - we were very close to never doing another show again. Then at the last minute, we said screw it - we love this music - these people - and this party and we gotta do something. The first thought was to do what we were gonna call WEMF Lite - 1 stage with just the headliners. We looked at the budget and saw we had already dropped almost 50k on a venue we couldn't even use and now we were starting from scratch again. We then found Trudeau's Park, but due to zoning rules in that town only certain sections of the park can be used for special events - this forced us to scale back the event to fit it into the space provided for entertainment and within the budget we had to work with. To make this happen we needed to cut some talent - the only fair way we could see to do this was to cut 3 names per stage and that is what we did - nobody singled out the hardcore stage - it was treated like all the rest. The reason the Just Dance stage was remeoved was because the owner of Just 2 Talent went AWOL and half his DJs refused to play for him - so that was just a writeoff for everyone invloved and was a decision that was made for us - not by us.

To make up for the slightly reduced lineup we have dropped the prices of the event - even made EB tickets 2 for 1 for a bonus to our early supporters.

To make this event happen AT ALL these changes HAD to be made. We hope to see you all up for what we know we still be one of the BEST events of the year, but if you choose not to come because one or two names are not on, then that is your choice - and your loss. WEMF is an experience and the sounds you will hear from the hundreds of quality entertainers that will be there is second to none!

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Alert moderator
Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/06/27 :  15:22:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
very understandable all things considerd and i'm still overjoyessly glad that it is still going on but why drop Hixxy in stead of Sharkey, any specific reason???

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2003/07/02 :  09:59:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage
Sharkey's about a bajillion times better than Hixxy.

Get More ****ed and Get Rockin!!

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2003/07/02 :  14:59:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
BT better be playing!!

-=[ryg0r]=-

Splix
Advanced Member

Australia
572 posts
Posted - 2003/07/02 :  20:08:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Splix's homepage
well i like hixxy a hell alot more...

<<<<<S>>>>>
<<<<<P>>>>>
<<<<<L>>>>>
<<<<<I>>>>>
<<<<<X>>>>>

Tricky AB

Canada
398 posts

78 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/07/04 :  06:43:40  Show profile  Send a private message
well...it's a shame that they had to pick between the two of them...

E.N.D

United States
62 posts
E.N.D has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/07/15 :  12:25:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit E.N.D's homepage
They made the right choice

lol

enD///Go Crazy! You Know You Want to...SING IT LIKE A LADY!///GOODFELLAZ 2003

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page