of 2

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  20:58:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
It's slightly taboo

Really? First I've heard. Why is it a taboo? That's what I do when there is no digital version available for sale. Not just for electronic stuff, but also for old country, easy listening, rock etc. that will never be available digitally. Otherwise I can't take the songs in the car or play them on my computer setup.

Or are you talking about piracy?

To this day, I believe it's still illegal to make backup from one format to another in the UK

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  23:51:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iggyk23:
Its also weird that no one ripped all these old songs from vinyl

It's slightly taboo, but there will be very few hardcore tracks that haven't been ripped from vinyl in decent quality.
What is it you want the tracks for? Listening or mixing? If you just want to listen then there are more mixes and live sets then you could shake a stick at.

I'm not even vaguely ashamed of the fact that I've pirated vinyl-only releases that are no longer being sold in a way that profits the original creator(s). If the tracks did somehow become available, I'd buy the digitals anyway for the quality. Nobody who matters loses any money.

Realistically, even if you buy the vinyl from someone else, you're never going to get a better rip than scene groups who generally have the best gear for that sort of thing. Vinyl is an expensive waste of space for me.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/04/21 :  23:57:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
It's slightly taboo

Really? First I've heard. Why is it a taboo? That's what I do when there is no digital version available for sale. Not just for electronic stuff, but also for old country, easy listening, rock etc. that will never be available digitally. Otherwise I can't take the songs in the car or play them on my computer setup.

Or are you talking about piracy?

To this day, I believe it's still illegal to make backup from one format to another in the UK

The UK also has the snooper's charter and the Psychoactive Subtances Act so we're not exactly known for our competent governance.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/04/22 :  00:57:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Realistically, even if you buy the vinyl from someone else, you're never going to get a better rip than scene groups who generally have the best gear for that sort of thing. Vinyl is an expensive waste of space for me.

I'll admit I have my doubts about that. Vinyl is such an inherently flawed format that even regular equipment should capture every piece of meaningful information off the record. I have a $300 AT LP 1240 and a $20 Numark GT cartridge, and I've ripped stuff that sounds better than most digital recordings I've heard (due to loudness war and bad engineering in general).

I still hate the fact that I need to buy records to get so many albums. It's bulky and heavy, it's overpriced now due to this "vinyl" fad, and I generally play it only twice: once to hear it and once more to record it.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page