Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 testing decks
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
pre

United Kingdom
127 posts
Posted - 2003/07/28 :  07:36:33  Show profile Send a private message
hello and hi...
i would just like some points and views about the lesser the decks,the decks which are not always in every club being the best and all, a few years back my mate had 'soundlabs' due too money constraints and well.....
now i have stanton 8-100's and thank god i chose multiple speed direction so i can more tracks put together,it depends on the age of the records within the genre doesn't it? or if there all break orientated i suppose,my question is out of the top end of gemini,stanton,citronic which is the best and why?....pre

Alert moderator
wonder_boy
Starting Member

Canada
14 posts
Posted - 2003/07/29 :  21:02:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wonder_boy's homepage
Most people you talk to will cast aside anything else, as long as you have Tech 1200's. I actually had to learn on Gemini PT-2000's (discontinued now) for a few years, and they worked great. But, as time passed, I definitely did notice the pitch locking start to destabilize. Now, I've had the luxury of owning Tech's for quite awhile, and you can never go wrong.

But if we're talking about buying more inexpensive turntables, I'd recommend Gemini. Stanton's really don't seem reliable. I know someone that uses the Stanton STR8-100 as a third turntable, but it's way too touchy. The pitch is harder to control, and it's not even that old. I've never actually seen or played on a Citronic turntable here in Canada. Their mixers are actually pretty good, quite cost efficient, and I know alot of people here are fond of the DJ Pro.

So, why not try out some of the Gemini models if you are that eager? The PDT-6000, PT-2100, or the SA-2400? But, like everyone else recommends...maybe it's more worth it to save up for the good ol' 1200's. You can never go wrong with these, and you won't regret it. Good luck!

Watch for upcoming online HHC mixes soon...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/07/29 :  23:10:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
Well everyone kept telling me too go for techs and i ended up gettimg Numark ttx-1 tablles. To be honest im glad i did. They feel lovely to use and the pitch is solid too. Its not all technics anymore you know :)

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

djtommyrenegade
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,311 posts
djtommyrenegade has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  01:39:03  Show profile  Send a private message
Geminis are well known for losing there pitch, but i suppose any deck is good to learn on, i use KAM's and i love em, but as for only technics, why not think about Vestax or the new Stanton turntables, they kick technics ass

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
www.vibe103.co.uk
www.djtommyrenegade.tk

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  02:25:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
And NUMARKS

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  03:46:10  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hoekzema:
Well everyone kept telling me too go for techs and i ended up gettimg Numark ttx-1 tablles. To be honest im glad i did. They feel lovely to use and the pitch is solid too. Its not all technics anymore you know :)

But have you used Technics ... ?

djtommyrenegade
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,311 posts
djtommyrenegade has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  04:58:29  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Daveo:

But have you used Technics ... ?

i have, and i've used numarks and stantons, and technics are impressive BUT they are nothing out of the ordinary, only 8% pitch?! plus technics dont even come with carts and stylus', so shop around, try and test all available'tables, and chose what you like, not just tables that are a brand name

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!
www.vibe103.co.uk
www.djtommyrenegade.tk

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  04:59:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
Well actually i have tried them now yes. I cant say there bad but in my oppinion they just look out of date. Asllo the torque on them was not as good as on the numarks or the vestax.

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  08:43:40  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
plus technics dont even come with carts and stylus'

actually they come with stanton 505 sk's....well mine did anyways

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  09:53:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
I think that depends on where ya get them from really

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

breathe

Canada
48 posts
Posted - 2003/07/31 :  16:20:32  Show profile  Send a private message
im a true 12s kidd from way back ... but id have to perpetuate that learning on geminis or stanton or even vestax decks will make your transition a lot easier if you ever decide to buy 12s technics have a reliable pitch control but it is not NEARLY as touchy or quick as other models so if you learn on something that is harder to lock dow , when you get into 12s you will find your mixes longer, or quicker to lock with a lot less lockdown maintinence

throw your television out the window now!!! youll thank my in the end..

breathe

Canada
48 posts
Posted - 2003/07/31 :  16:27:19  Show profile  Send a private message
unfortunately, it still is technics.....

technics lost their patent for the magnet drive in their decks because of a patent law prohibiting companies to keep a pat. for more than i think a 20 year period..so now it has run out and all these companies including numark have sunk their teeth into it and used it ... fortunate for us , now you dont have to go out and spend 850 for a single technics deck because it has become more of a competitive market

Tricky AB

Canada
398 posts

78 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/02 :  20:17:36  Show profile  Send a private message
I had 1200's I loved them...but I changed to Vestax PDX 2000 (and I want the new 6000 series)...It depends who you talk to...the 1200's are like the holy grail to some...and I'm not knocking it (Becuase I owned a set of 1200's), but other decks are stepping up...

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/08/03 :  19:54:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
I hate to drop this particular name as his status as a DJ is questionable, but anabolic frolic uses a citronic mixer ;)

Don't know if that's a good thing or not. Just my little contribution about citronic.

Sorry.

-dj h3o

All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your loving arms - watch out here I come!

breathe

Canada
48 posts
Posted - 2003/08/03 :  21:23:30  Show profile  Send a private message
i think if you want to figure out the durability of any gear at all, you should see what mark EG or the liberators are using.... guaranteed they put their gear through hellll

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/08/04 :  13:38:22  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Kaffine:
I hate to drop this particular name as his status as a DJ is questionable, but anabolic frolic uses a citronic mixer ;)

this makes me not want to try any citronic stuff

i think it's going to take a while for anyone to knock out technic's as the gold standard. i'm sure it may eventually come to pass, but it's going to take a few years of testing for the new lines of tables to be compaired to a technic.

and if you're worried about the pitch only going to 8+/-; you can buy an old one and manually up it or you can buy the new m5g's *drools*

"we'll delete the weak"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page