of 4

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/05/23 :  20:24:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Or mixed by DJ's with big noses, called Conkers

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/23 :  21:03:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, if you want the exact moment that UK Hardcore Died; when the princesses dressed up, when SATAN WAVED A FROCK, here it is.

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/hu-presents-live-at-rehab-digital-copy

Probably the best live uk hardcore album ever and it only cost ?12,000 and my faith in the human race.

CDJay

shades316

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2018/05/24 :  08:23:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit shades316's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Well, if you want the exact moment that UK Hardcore Died; when the princesses dressed up, when SATAN WAVED A FROCK, here it is.

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/hu-presents-live-at-rehab-digital-copy

Probably the best live uk hardcore album ever and it only cost ?12,000 and my faith in the human race.

CDJay

Is it still your intention to retrospectively add the digital copy, with both full Host, Crowd and Music Only mixes to the download area on the HU Store for those who bought physical CDs ?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/24 :  09:23:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yep; new back end for the site is actually due for rollout..... this weekend! It finally allows me to manually attach digital rights for products to accounts. It'll be labour intensive, but do-able.

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/05/24 :  12:38:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
does that include a few sharkey stuff to? *puppy eyes*

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2018/05/24 12:38:27
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/05/24 :  13:21:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Perhaps there should a free mix series with similar art, maybe called Zonkers.

Lol!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/05/24 :  13:49:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
does that include a few sharkey stuff to? *puppy eyes*

Working on the next batch now, will also have Metropolis masters by end June!

CDJay

Icewind

Canada
116 posts
Posted - 2018/05/25 :  05:31:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage  Reply with quote
Bring it back! Bring it back!

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/05/25 :  12:41:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage  Reply with quote
I?d love Resist come back but I doubt it will.

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2018/05/28 :  22:16:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage  Reply with quote
as much as I loved the early bonkers and still do, I do have one fav mix and it was Vibes on Bonkers 6. Clubland Xtreme Hardcore was too much competition I guess even though it was under the same label. The brand clubland was bigger than the brand Bonkers. I really didn't Like Bonkers 7 it was far too trancey for me and then it had good releases and okish releases. for me, the first 6 bonkers albums would always be the best but nothing is produced in that sound now that is popular anymore.

It would be great to see a new hardcore album out and about that is ran by a label who aren't just interested in brands bringing them cash. I know there are labels out there that are trying but nothing has quite felt as special as a bonkers album for me. I guess it was the variety of tracks used by DJ's who didn't just stick to what their label produced that year.
I think a close second in the great hardcore albums were the hardcore heaven albums and I mean the original ones in the days of Vinylgroover etc.
I respect how Billy Bunter etc are doing oldskool albums and one offs but in all seriousness I have the tracks either as singles, mp3s or already used in various "albums" so its nothing special again and that is also why I don't think they should re release bonkers albums, it will just be cashing in on the brand and nothing special even if it was an oldskool album etc.
But as I said, if an album with various artists and various labels were mixed up, I would be interested but not as a Bonkers.

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2018/05/28 :  22:25:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
sorry mate but in my option Vibes Bonkers 6 mix was terrible! , I liked Bonkers 7 for the new vibe (Trance style)

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2018/05/28 :  22:26:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage  Reply with quote
each to their own, it had some unreleased gems and the mixing was spot on

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2018/05/28 :  22:29:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah each everyone is different mate, but Clubland Xtreme Hardcore came out around 2005 way after Bonkers 6

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2018/05/28 :  22:31:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah and became a much bigger brand. It's why they stuck with anything under the name "Clubland" and Bonkers just became a memory

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2018/05/28 :  23:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
Bonkers was going strong around 2002-2005 as well!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page