Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/09/10 :  17:01:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
That time Miss k8 straight showed up styles & gam, at the same flppn party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp50pdt_oU0

Alert moderator Go to top of page
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/09/10 :  17:05:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
He's wrong because he doesn't like the slower tempo? Have a day off!

Loads of people love Hardstyle, loads don't. Isn't that the same with any genre?

I notice you totally ignored his other point about keeping up the tempo with this 'New' sound to attract the harder crowd. What's your opinion on that?

Music can be fast but when it boring and using the same old formula for 15 years what is point? Like you listen to all the freeform at the moment. It sounds like shite lol
Is about as Hardcore as a progressive trance and has never evolved. Maybe that is why nobody buys it anymore.

But you are right about loads of people liking Hardstyle .Adrenalize just got a million plays on spotify. There is a reason it is a bigger scene than the rest of the Hard Dance scenes put together.
It is evolving and a much better quality produced genre.

I'm sensing that maybe you guys feel threatened by a change for the better that you can't stop.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2018/09/10 17:07:12
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/09/10 :  17:15:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
muthafukn sprinky bringin the real sound of future hardcore. now THIS is what a groovin crowd looks like. If only darren and crew were as intuitive as sprinky. This is proper tempo. hardcore ravers want to get hype, not bobble to hardstyle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86qLzF3qSc

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/09/10 :  21:06:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
muthafukn sprinky bringin the real sound of future hardcore. now THIS is what a groovin crowd looks like. If only darren and crew were as intuitive as sprinky. This is proper tempo. hardcore ravers want to get hype, not bobble to hardstyle.

frenchcore is ********, nobody cares about fast shit or dancing

drum |& bass bitches don't rule the world, hardcore was formulated for the needs of the many, and why its at mainstream events like EDC and tomorrowland and ibiza goes hard exists

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/09/10 :  23:20:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
I'm sensing that maybe you guys feel threatened by a change for the better that you can't stop.

I'm not against change at all.

But (there's always a but)...

If I want to listen to Hardstyle - oh look, there it is! I can speed it up and slow it down to my hearts content.

Nobody is reinventing Hardcore, or changing anything for the better. It just robbing from another in a long list of genres. Influences are great, keeps things interesting. But copy and pasting another genre and banging 10BPM on top isn't progression.

The ONLY time Hardcore has been even slightly original was when Happy Hardcore came about - and even then there was all sorts from other areas.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/09/11 :  00:24:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:

bet you all abunch of fatties

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/09/11 :  03:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:

bet you all abunch of fatties

bench press for fighting and the whole fast and furious life

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/09/12 :  08:07:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
rafferty is still mad that the sound Breeze tried to fashion into the "next big thing in UK Hardcore" with his last few entries in the Clubland Xtreme series failed.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/09/18 :  10:55:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
rafferty is still mad that the sound Breeze tried to fashion into the "next big thing in UK Hardcore" with his last few entries in the Clubland Xtreme series failed.

Actually quite the opposite. Take a good listen to that set of Darren Styles. Breeze paved the way for the edm & Hardstyle takeover in UK Hardcore.
Darren Styles has embraced it and now it is UK Hardcores biggest influences in new productions.

I think you might be mad lol.. Candy is dieing and seen as something only for 7 year old girls these days.

And Trancey Hardcore and Freeform is going the way of the video cassette. Dated and irrelevant. :)

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/09/19 :  06:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
They don't even sound the same.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2018/10/04 :  12:30:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
It is not Hardstyle, is Hardcore with EDM & Hardstyle influences. Hardstyle has pretty much killed off Hard Trance and is the biggest Hard Dance genre by a mile at the moment.
So a lot of Hardcore djs are simply getting influences from this genre when producing.

If anything Hardstyle kicks are pretty much how real Hardcore should sound. All the mid to late 90s stuff had similar kicks. So if anything Darren styles is going back to his roots in way.

If he was getting back to his roots he'd be back making breakbeat for Kniteforce.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/10/04 :  17:39:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Saiyan:
quote:
It is not Hardstyle, is Hardcore with EDM & Hardstyle influences. Hardstyle has pretty much killed off Hard Trance and is the biggest Hard Dance genre by a mile at the moment.
So a lot of Hardcore djs are simply getting influences from this genre when producing.

If anything Hardstyle kicks are pretty much how real Hardcore should sound. All the mid to late 90s stuff had similar kicks. So if anything Darren styles is going back to his roots in way.

If he was getting back to his roots he'd be back making breakbeat for Kniteforce.

pleeeease? maybe styles just doesn't have any piano rifts left...

I also enjoy old skool at 160 bpm, it sounds much better than hardstyle core (or whatever they are calling it) at hardstyle speed.

DJSquare

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2018/10/16 :  18:35:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJSquare's homepage  Reply with quote
D-Block & S-Te-Fan - Angels And Demons

highlight for me there. Great tune. Also, a big LOL at the dude singing along to 'Come Running' who clearly does not know the words

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.colston.3

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/10/21 :  18:56:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
And there was me thinking hardstyle died years ago!!

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/10/21 :  19:01:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
And speaking of styles, was on youtube the other day and heard a styles,dougal & gammer track, can't even remember the name, but was on that monstercat you see about on youtube (what ever the hell that is) and it was ****ing awful! absoulute shite if i've ever heard, can't even believe they would make something like that, i think even in the comments someone said it wasn't a styles,dougal & gammer track, and i would seriously hope so by listening to it!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page