Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
UKr4veR
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
639 posts
Posted - 2005/08/13 :  18:26:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Aye, well i guess it's let the best man win :P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2005/08/14 :  13:24:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by UKr4veR:
Silver deserves it most for alot of reasons, USH f**king SUCK!

If it wasn't for Ush the scene wouldn't have picked up to what it is now.
Happyhardcore claims that it get's the news almost first before anyone?. BUT HOW DO I KNOW ALL THE NEWS BEFORE I READ HAPPYHARDCORE.COM?.
REASON..... USH.NET. Nobody is saying happyhardcore.com sucks,so why say Ush does?.

gobbo23
Advanced Member

Australia
758 posts

238 hardcore releases
gobbo23 has attended 8 events
Posted - 2005/08/14 :  14:04:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Nobody is saying happyhardcore.com sucks,so why say Ush does?.

actully there are quite a few people saying that http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=161865&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

its quite difficult to compare the sites as they serve different purposes. Ush is a UK, hardcore/rave site promoting hardcore in the uk, While hhc.com is more targeted to promoting hardcore outside the UK.

The advantages USH has over hhc.com is forums. Being a more worldwide site hhc.com's forums aren't all that 'advanced' as people living outside the UK don't (strangly enough) know as much about hardcore as somebody in the UK. I offen go to USH forums to find out information on releases form the lesser know labels.

Why i voted for hhc.com is because its website has alot more features then just the forums. Such as Vinyl Shop, live radio, multi langues and Record Database.

as for the most outstanding contirbution, silver has made a dam good contribution to hardcore. Probably not the 'most outstanding" but what would i know? i'm halfway round the world

Edited by - gobbo23 on 2005/08/14 14:09:30
UKr4veR
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
639 posts
Posted - 2005/08/14 :  15:56:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
You might aswell explain to me dj switchback how USH got the terrible name?

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/08/14 :  16:21:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dj switchback:
If it wasn't for Ush the scene wouldn't have picked up to what it is now.
Happyhardcore claims that it get's the news almost first before anyone?. BUT HOW DO I KNOW ALL THE NEWS BEFORE I READ HAPPYHARDCORE.COM?.
REASON..... USH.NET. Nobody is saying happyhardcore.com sucks,so why say Ush does?.

I'm sorry, but... you seemed to just start a "slag HappyHardcore.com here" -topic on USH. Also are you pissed cause some of the people here on the "What A Rush 10" topic said they prefer the more mainstream Hardcore? Isnt that kind of narrow minded and elitistic?

I have absolutely nothing against USH.net, and there must be many good people in the forum community too. But their not all perfect you know. After all, it is a public message board. So why do you expect perfectness from the HappyHardcore.com community?

Edited by - whispering on 2005/08/14 16:25:04
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/08/14 :  16:32:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
Exactly^^^^^^^^^^^ agree with u there as i have looked up Ush.net a few times and imo its just like readin another website regardin hardcore.But this is the website i tend to visit more

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  05:19:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Lets not turn this into a slagging match, I know the admin's and mods of ush quite well and we chat all the time in nice manner. I suggest people don't take it personally on what other people have voted on.

dj switchback: No dispected but do you like hardcore music? Yeah, me too... that what this site does, promotes hardcore music, for free and for anyone. Everyone has their tastes, some people like this site some people like that site... but at the end of the day, if there were only two sites promoting hardcore in the entire world don't you think that is better than just one? It's not about ego's here... it's about hardcore music. I want HappyHardcore.com to win because I think the site deserves it, if you disagree that is fine but you don't have to turn it into a site war.

dj switchback

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  08:31:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj switchback's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Lets not turn this into a slagging match, I know the admin's and mods of ush quite well and we chat all the time in nice manner. I suggest people don't take it personally on what other people have voted on.

dj switchback: No dispected but do you like hardcore music? Yeah, me too... that what this site does, promotes hardcore music, for free and for anyone. Everyone has their tastes, some people like this site some people like that site... but at the end of the day, if there were only two sites promoting hardcore in the entire world don't you think that is better than just one? It's not about ego's here... it's about hardcore music. I want HappyHardcore.com to win because I think the site deserves it, if you disagree that is fine but you don't have to turn it into a site war.

Yes Silver i do like hardcore music. For 10 years now i've followed the scene. I mean no disrespect either and i'm not trying to turn this into a site war. I never once said this site sucked. I laughed at some of the topics & Posts on here. Such as the 1000X "What's your favourite Bonkers" threads.
If people think this site is a joke then that's up to them. I visit this site on a regular basis,and i'm quite happy with that situation. I dont think happyhardcore will wn the best site (Ush will alway's win that imo) but i was only having a laugh,with no malice intended. People got on there highhorse about Ush,and i cant be blammed for reamrks to that degree.
Best of luck Silver with the awards anyway.

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  10:57:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I'd like to apologise to silver for me basically being an arse & pretty much being negative about him, he has done alot for hardcore, running this site / label / Mixing CD's / doing live show's etc & i do now actually feel that silver has contributed much to hardcore.

Once again i apologise to you silver.

Take care people.

DANI LEVEL

Spain
34 posts
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  12:02:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DANI LEVEL's homepage  Reply with quote
It's hard to choose one of each

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  12:43:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

silver just seen ur pic on m8 website and thought u had an uncanny resemblance to underloops avatar sorry just my opinion!

gobbo23
Advanced Member

Australia
758 posts

238 hardcore releases
gobbo23 has attended 8 events
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  16:31:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Murray:
I'd like to apologise to silver for me basically being an arse & pretty much being negative about him, he has done alot for hardcore, running this site / label / Mixing CD's / doing live show's etc & i do now actually feel that silver has contributed much to hardcore.

Take care people.

i'm sure you probably dont give a shit, but that just earnt my respect

Edited by - gobbo23 on 2005/08/16 03:49:22
UKr4veR
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
639 posts
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  17:41:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbo23:
quote:

Take care people.

I sensed sarcasm.

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/08/15 :  18:09:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by UKr4veR:
quote:
Originally posted by gobbo23:
quote:

Take care people.

I sensed sarcasm.

You sensed wrong then.

HH
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2005/08/20 :  14:41:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i voted for this website

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page