of 8

Author Thread  
Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  19:29:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ravenatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
quote:
quote:
I think it's time to put radio edits of the singles on iTunes

You've obviously not heard about the DRM bollocks then.
DRM is another reason for filesharing. iTunes DRM is crap. Ok its VERY VERY easy to get around it - But not many people know how (It goes with any Audo DRM. Video DRM is different)

The vast majority of iTunes users actually BUY the music, though. Just look at the numbers that the companies putting their tracks on there are posting, and you'll realize that your assumption is wrong. iTunes has such a wide consumer-base that it's almost a mistake NOT to use it.

Trust me, when all you want to do is listen on your iPod, DRM is not a deterrent at all. The only people that are put off by it are people who don't want to pay.

Not what I've heard with so many discussions about it.
I buy stuff off iTunes quite a lot, because I know how to get around the DRM issue. The main thing that people are saying is that they don't like to play their music in iTunes and/or want to put them on their phone and/or to burn as an MP3 CD to use on CD Decks (As well as general Anti-DRM people ofc) - and these people do not know how to get round it.

Yes, alot of people use it - But at the same time, alot of the users complain about it.
I'm so glad IMODownload and the likes do not use DRM :D

iTunes is not meant to cater to DJs. Plain and simple. Sure, the tracks will still be available to download in their entirety off sites like IMOdownload, Trackitdown, Beatport, etc. The whole reason for putting them on iTunes in the first place is to reach out to an entirely different demographic. People who buy music just for the sake of listening. The number of people who listen to music solely on their iPod is a lot larger than the number of people who want to play tracks on their CD decks. I'm not proposing a full move to iTunes or anything. I'm talking about putting listener-friendly radio edits of single tracks and mixed compilation albums on the iTunes store so that iTunes users (a lot of whom don't buy music from anywhere else) can have access to hardcore.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,218 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/13 :  20:12:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Kev's right CD packs are a joke, the promotor pockets all the money, hard working artists and labels get zero income, when CD packs first arrived on the scene it was magically decided that DJ's were suppose to get an increase in DJ fees in order to be recorded but this has three problems

1. No one actually agreed to this it just came into effect one day.
2. From what I've have heard no DJ has apparently recieved any extra money.
3. If the DJ did agree to be recorded, the DJ is getting the extra money not the artists that made the tunes. Granted the DJ could actually play an entire set of his own tunes but I'm sure that isn't going to happen 99% of the time... well maybe sometimes :p but you see my point.

why does a artist not get payed for having a track on a cd eg bonkers,but then why should they as if there tunes r good it gets them noticed and people will look out for there stuff then buy it,because if i was a producer i would happily gave 1 of my tracks 2 any dj for a compilation for free so people would get 2 know me and possibly start buying my stuff,as do u really think that i (and a lot of other people)would of bought hardcore underground if we hadn,t heard of kurt,stromtropper e.t.c of other compilations no,but we heard there stuff we liked it,so we buy it and i will continue 2 buy it as its good,but if i hadn,t heard them on bonkers e.t.c i,ve never have bought it because nobody would have heard of them,but that a side i do think they should get something,i was just making my point that they would be nowhere if there tracks weren,t on compilations

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  12:48:31  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^^^^^^

CD Packs != Compilations

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  13:00:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
I think it's time to put radio edits of the singles on iTunes

You've obviously not heard about the DRM bollocks then.
DRM is another reason for filesharing. iTunes DRM is crap. Ok its VERY VERY easy to get around it - But not many people know how (It goes with any Audo DRM. Video DRM is different)

Come on seriouosly do you think DRM would make the slighest bit of difference? Its widely known fact to beat it all you need to do it burn then import the tracks not to mention there is loads of programs that will do it for you!

Oh and i take it you have never heard of iTunes Plus? higher bit rate and no DRM

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  13:14:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
to be fair tho alot of djs dont pay for their vinyl anyways & i know of a few big name djs who fileshare. 2bh tho hardcore will survive no matter what its lasted this long aint it. i understand that you gotta make money but aint you all forgetting the most important thing its about the love of the musik & dont get me wrong you gotta make money tho. licensed packs aint hard to do look at the old dreamscape packs about 90% of them were MCPS licensed so it aint hard to do is it.

Hirschi
Average Member

Germany
244 posts
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  13:19:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hirschi's homepage  Reply with quote
Hello guys,
may I say a view words from a Krauts perspective? ;) If I were a DJ and producer I would not bet on CDs anymore. Instead the distribution over the Internet is more and more common. Why is this a good(!) thing?
a) Fans pay the artists directly. No major label or marketing company lower the profit.
b) Way more convenient for listeners because they got it ready to stuff it on the MP3-player.
c) Distribution is relativly easy, fast, 24h a day and worldwide
It's also a good idea to offer custom made CDs, like Sy and Unknown offer(ed?) on their website.

And about the filesharing, I have to admit, I did it and do it once in a while, espacially Hardcore tracks. But before you judge, hear me out. In fact I've never bought so much CDs in my entire live, since I 'came' to the scene through filesharing, and I still buy compilations regularly. I possibly would have never found out about HHC because nearly no one in Germany has ever heard about it. With programms like ka**a or so*****k I was able to find more and more tunes and develop my interest in this kind of music, and over the years I began buying more and sharing less until it must have become like somthing about 20%(through sharing) and 80%(buying) because now I know what and most important where to buy. To sum it up, Hardcore surely got profit, which is growing, at least in my case.

greetz
Hirschi

raindance-rob
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
raindance-rob has attended 13 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  13:41:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindance-rob's homepage  Reply with quote
Hello guys,
may I say a view words from a Krauts perspective? ;) If I were a DJ and producer I would not bet on CDs anymore. Instead the distribution over the Internet is more and more common. Why is this a good(!) thing?
a) Fans pay the artists directly. No major label or marketing company lower the profit.
b) Way more convenient for listeners because they got it ready to stuff it on the MP3-player.
c) Distribution is relativly easy, fast, 24h a day and worldwide
It's also a good idea to offer custom made CDs, like Sy and Unknown offer(ed?) on their website.

And about the filesharing, I have to admit, I did it and do it once in a while, espacially Hardcore tracks. But before you judge, hear me out. In fact I've never bought so much CDs in my entire live, since I 'came' to the scene through filesharing, and I still buy compilations regularly. I possibly would have never found out about HHC because nearly no one in Germany has ever heard about it. With programms like ka**a or so*****k I was able to find more and more tunes and develop my interest in this kind of music, and over the years I began buying more and sharing less until it must have become like somthing about 20%(through sharing) and 80%(buying) because now I know what and most important where to buy. To sum it up, Hardcore surely got profit, which is growing, at least in my case.

greetz
Hirschi

Luna-C also offers cds & dvds.

To be fair this aint a new thing tape packs have been around for years & no one ever got paid, most djs didnt even know that their sets were being recorded back in the day & most ppl used to copy tape packs for one another but hardcore didnt die back then.

also look at pirate radio no one gets paid (infact djs pay to dj on them) fracus started off on dimension fm as dj xl, dfm records was part of dimension fm, he played DFM1 on dimension fm a year before it got released & they got permission from the labels to play their tunes (but no one got paid) dj vibes & luna c were on eruption fm recently & they played theirs & other ppls tunes, so from what ya saying their killing the scene. also everyone file shares & ppl are only saying that they regret it cuz their chatting on this site come on lets be honest.

Edited by - raindance-rob on 2007/12/14 13:44:30
silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  14:21:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
You're confusing the facts, pirate radio stations's are not run at a profit, the DJ's and artists support it, live event recording CD packs (not compilation albums) are sold for profit and 100% of the money goes to the promotor and not the artists. If money is being made then the person that made that tune should be compensated for it.

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  15:47:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
You're confusing the facts, pirate radio stations's are not run at a profit, the DJ's and artists support it, live event recording CD packs (not compilation albums) are sold for profit and 100% of the money goes to the promotor and not the artists. If money is being made then the person that made that tune should be compensated for it.

wel thats unfair.
why doesnt the artist get profit?

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  16:16:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by novaboy:
quote:

wel thats unfair.

You can't be serious.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  16:22:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

wel thats unfair.

You can't be serious.

Seriously, wtf!
Do you even understand what pirate radio is novaboy?!

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,144 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  17:24:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wel thats unfair.

You can't be serious.

Seriously, wtf!
Do you even understand what pirate radio is novaboy?!

Based on the information here, it seems liek this radio station is still a pirate radio aswell. That SoundXchange doesn't pay the correct people (seeing deejaybee & sam isnt getting payed)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

roundhead711
Average Member

United Kingdom
162 posts
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  17:25:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Garedos: Totally different, HappyHardcore.com radio is 100% fully licensed radio station, every track played on there is paid basically. The license is paid to SoundExchange, a nonprofit organization that collects royalty payments from digital music broadcasters and distributes them to rights holders. SoundExchange is an American company since we broadcast from there, but artist payments make it all over the world.

Back on topic.... promoters shouldn't rely on sales of illegal CD's to fund their parties. It's like a movie theater selling illegal recordings of their movies because they don't have enough customers coming in. While I'm in support for all promotors and events big or small the end don't justify the means.

While hardcore (and music in general) is a passion, it (like everything else) has a money side to it, if any money is to made from a track at least some of it should go to the person that made the track don't you think?

Me and my mate are the organisers of a hardcore night for under18's. Trying to Teach them the mistakes of people like Rankin etc.

The Club we play in (and where i work) pays a licensing fee so i can play tunes and money is paid to the right holders just like the radio.

djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  20:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
Lol. Some

1) Poor Quality Tunes - It seems CD comp albums are being released every other week and most of the tunes on them are just crap. If people make quality tunes then people will buy them by the bucket full (then it doesn't matter if people are file sharing). Simple as.

2) Legal MP3's - There's been so many tunes this year that I'd have loved to have legally downloaded and paid for but... I can't find a major legal download site. Anyone heard of itunes or trackitdown.net - hardcore producers haven't. I've got cash to spend and they just don't want it... so I'll download it from some illegal file sharing site.

So to sum up - shit tunes everywhere and nowhere to pay to download the good ones.

no wonder things are going tits up.

HARRIBO
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
591 posts
HARRIBO has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/14 :  21:04:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HARRIBO's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djepi:
Lol. Some

1) Poor Quality Tunes - It seems CD comp albums are being released every other week and most of the tunes on them are just crap. If people make quality tunes then people will buy them by the bucket full (then it doesn't matter if people are file sharing). Simple as.

2) Legal MP3's - There's been so many tunes this year that I'd have loved to have legally downloaded and paid for but... I can't find a major legal download site. Anyone heard of itunes or trackitdown.net - hardcore producers haven't. I've got cash to spend and they just don't want it... so I'll download it from some illegal file sharing site.

So to sum up - shit tunes everywhere and nowhere to pay to download the good ones.

no wonder things are going tits up.

theres a sticky thread at the top of the topic page all about where to legally download mp3's

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page