of 2

Author Thread  
NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/01/11 :  09:40:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
I cant say the same for other scenes because I dont know, BUT here in Southern California Drum'n'Bass has really gotten big in the underground party scene. New clubs and DnB weeklies going on all the time and every weekend.

Also my favorite genre atm is the break-beats... well produced break-beats though :)
I dont need a hyper-active high-pitch single note melody to get me going, just a well thought out track with some thick juicy leads accompanied with some liquid or DnB influenced beats & rythm.

*edit*
forget the "thick juicy leads" part, the tune just has to flow.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - NeXuS on 2008/01/11 09:41:43
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/01/11 :  10:22:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
DnB is mainstream music here TBH. Gets daytime radio airtime on BBC radio 1 :s. That tends to be the gash, jump up stuff though.

We have a healthy scene here though, just a shame jump up is so gash. On a positive note all the wankers go to the jump up nights so you can go to a decent DnB night and have a good, rude boy, safe, ya get me, free time.

Edited by - bulby_g on 2008/01/11 10:24:45
GREGGYHTID13

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2008/01/11 :  14:58:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
HArdcore Adrenaline 3 cd 1 and 2 was excellent, Needs another DJ rather than the bootlegs, that cd was atrocious apart from Find Me by jakazid which was brilliant. I thought the hardcore cd on rave nation was abysmal, really really average to bad tunes excluding a couple (shooting star and break up) A shame as it had a good variety of artists

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/01/11 :  21:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GREGGYHTID13:
HArdcore Adrenaline 3 cd 1 and 2 was excellent, Needs another DJ rather than the bootlegs, that cd was atrocious apart from Find Me by jakazid which was brilliant. I thought the hardcore cd on rave nation was abysmal, really really average to bad tunes excluding a couple (shooting star and break up) A shame as it had a good variety of artists

Got to agree on that! stus and sedders mixes on HA3 are really good a lot better than the first one!
But I'm now really sick of the bootleg CD, surely its time for a change!

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/01/11 :  22:08:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
DnB is mainstream music here TBH. Gets daytime radio airtime on BBC radio 1 :s. That tends to be the gash, jump up stuff though.

We have a healthy scene here though, just a shame jump up is so gash. On a positive note all the wankers go to the jump up nights so you can go to a decent DnB night and have a good, rude boy, safe, ya get me, free time.

i was very suprised how big dnb was in england,as i watched various rave dvds and videos i cudn,t believe some of the crowds in the dnb arena,some times there was more in there than the hardcore arenas,as over in ireland the dnb scence is literally non exstint,i don,t no 1 singal person who listens 2 it and probably alot of the people i know wudn,t even know what it was,i also don,t know of any clubs r raves which play dnb(but i,m sure theres 1 somewhere lol)while hardcore has a pretty good following in ireland,u have system x which holds 2 raves a month now 1 in portrush and 1 in omagh,u also have the planet love rave festival which has 7 tents and 4 the first time last year it had 2 hardcore tents,system x first ever tent and then rendevous which used 2 be the only hardcore tent,while all the big hardcore cds like bonkers,ha,cleh e.t.c are in most of the shops and sell quite well

DJ Euphoric
Advanced Member

Canada
686 posts
Posted - 2008/01/11 :  22:26:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Euphoric's homepage  Reply with quote
HA3 is better then the 1st two.

Edited by - DJ Euphoric on 2008/01/11 22:41:36
Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2008/01/12 :  00:00:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Yeah, but I love it. Thats why I'm moving to england

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2008/01/12 :  00:40:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

i was very suprised how big dnb was in england,as i watched various rave dvds and videos i cudn,t believe some of the crowds in the dnb arena,some times there was more in there than the hardcore arenas,as over in ireland the dnb scence is literally non exstint,i don,t no 1 singal person who listens 2 it and probably alot of the people i know wudn,t even know what it was,i also don,t know of any clubs r raves which play dnb(but i,m sure theres 1 somewhere lol)while hardcore has a pretty good following in ireland,u have system x which holds 2 raves a month now 1 in portrush and 1 in omagh,u also have the planet love rave festival which has 7 tents and 4 the first time last year it had 2 hardcore tents,system x first ever tent and then rendevous which used 2 be the only hardcore tent,while all the big hardcore cds like bonkers,ha,cleh e.t.c are in most of the shops and sell quite well

DnB is far bigger here than Hardcore is.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/01/12 :  00:55:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

DnB is far bigger here than Hardcore is.

Depends where you live! I say it was a north/south devide! I'm not saying Hardcore has a massive following up north but finding a D&B night past the Brum is rare!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page