Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 the new shooting star
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
bonkerboy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  01:52:36  Show profile Send a private message
wot does everyone think of the flip n fill remix of shooting star originally by bang

Alert moderator
mc trev
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
736 posts
mc trev has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  04:08:32  Show profile  Send a private message
i no wat im about to say isnt your falt for wat im about to say because youve just started but this has been asked so manny times !

ill speak for everyone we all think its too slow and and too pop like
WE ALL THINK ITS SHIT!

[email protected]

www.helter-skelter.co.uk
http://backtotheoldzone.co.uk www.slamminvinyl.co.uk

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Love Monkey

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  05:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message
Yes, and the bird is mingin, the video is exceptionally naff and in my humble opinion flip n fill should be shot.

Having said that, it'll probably go straight to number 1.

In the words of Ali G: "Give a man a compilation tape and he'll dance for a night. Teach a man to scratch, and he'll be dancing for generations!"

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  05:41:53  Show profile  Send a private message

It really seems like Flip N Fill are doing it to take the piss out of HH, not to revive the scene or anything.

Yeah.... they should be shot!

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  05:55:45  Show profile  Send a private message
it is cak!!
all the remixes are,

KEEP THE TUNES ALIVE, BY KEEPING THE OLD ONES GOING!!!!!

IF HAPPY HARDCORE LOOSES ITS FEEL, IM GONNA ....IM GONNA......IM GONNA......what would everyone do????????????

id bloody cry and put whatever i have in the most durable safe in the planet, crawl inside and listen happily for the rest of my years :)

**BOUNCE**BOUNCE**

-- No im not crazy, its the feel of the music, the music and the music,

All people who are in anyway involved in producing, playing or in anyway promoting happy hardcore........... MASSIVE MASSIVE THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITHOUT YOU, THERE WOULD BE NOTHING!!!

IM sure im not alone in saying this but THANKS!!!!!!
TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!!

oh sweet music, and like i said before, no, im not crazy BOUNCE BOUNCE

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  06:01:36  Show profile  Send a private message
i dunno what all the fuss is about,i think it's alright but it's nothing like bang's version and nothing ever will come close.

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  08:19:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
come on...its ok...its got the shooting star vocals in thats its only strong point. which is a weak point cos Nick did em in the first place (and he regulary goes on these forums by the looks of things!)

Hardcore Will Never Die

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  08:43:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
a question though, why did nick give them the OK to remix and release it ?

"We'll always be together; however far it seems. We'll always be together; together in electric dreams. "

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  10:32:26  Show profile  Send a private message
nick doesn't have control over who covers his tunes,the mcps does,as he'll tell you his self

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  11:11:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
ah, ok. that explains it... how does he feel about the remix ?

(btw the remix is going to be on the upcoming Ministry of Sound compilation "addicted to trance", so ALOT of people are going to hear it)

"We'll always be together; however far it seems. We'll always be together; together in electric dreams. "

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  11:24:05  Show profile  Send a private message
um,i don't think i can answer that one LOL
ask him yourself

DJ Mouse

immunise
Starting Member

United States
6 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  13:15:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit immunise's homepage
Flip n Fill have totally murdered a classic tune! All they have done is release more Ibiza orientated trash with decent lyrics. Wot the f$~k is up wi the burds voice in it anyway!?

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  21:28:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I have stayed clear of these topics, but just for the record, I love the tune shooting star, and ALL remixes including the flip and fill remix. Flip and Fill are not tring to take over or commericalise HappyHardcore at all, it's a great track in both genre's of HappyHardcore and the flip and fill genre (not sure what genre it is). I feel people will listen to the Flip and Fill version and want to find out about the orginal track and find the Bang! version, and more people will be interested in Hardcore... which is good.

As for the video I have not seen it, so I can't comment.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  21:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
^agreed *slams gavel down*

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/06/19 :  00:59:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
OK, I've answered the previous question over allowing F&F to do Shooting Star before, basically at the time I had an agreement with the MCPS that they can license to whoever they see fit. However now we've started our own publishing company MidexMusic.com, I will have more control over who uses my tracks in future. Saying that, I still would have let F&F cover Shooting Star. You have to remember, I'm a songwriter primarily, then a producer. I don't DJ, I don't remix, I don't MC, I don't put on events etc etc.

I create a song, get remixes done and release it thru a record label such as Master Wax, HectTech, Next Gen, BB, Kniteforce etc etc. Therefore, my income is from my songs mainly, so it's in my interest to make sure they get exploited as much as possible. That means airplays, compilations, and yes, cover versions by other artists. (Shooting Star has also been covered by someone else, however I have no full details of that yet). Bearing in mind there has been absolutely no hardcore compilations at all recently and even the new Bonkers features none of my material whatsoever, so I would be going very hungry.

This is my living, this is how I eat and pay bills.

However, I love hardcore, and try to make sure as much as possible, any material I write is released into our scene first. I want to play my part and contribute my very best material/songs so that when Shooting Star comes out, we can say.... if it wasnt for the hardcore scene, that tune may never have seen the light of day. Plus, if it makes people give hardcore the respect it deserves rather than keep slagging it off all the time, then that's gotta be good.

Shooting Star is a song, and therefore it can morph into many genres. I have many versions of it, some would make yer toes curl up, but it's par for the course. To sell a song to a country artist in the US for instance, I have to have a country mix to show them.

As for my opinion of the track, I didnt like the original vocal, that is true, and I thought the arrangement of the original version was a bit so-so, where it repeated the first verse twice. However, looking at the whole package, with the different mixes, the new vocal, the video, it's extremely strong. The Stimulant mix especially is very good, and all credit to F&F and AATW for a great release. I stand corrected saying before that I didnt think it was a hit. AATW did the job right, and that's why they're as successful in what they do, and I'm not running a record company.

Talking of the vocalist, I've had a few mails from people asking why Jo James didnt record them for F&F. This is a completely seperate entity from us except for the connection with Stimulant (Ham & Brisk) doing a remix. Also, Jo James isnt allowed to record that track for anyone else to release for at least another 6 months, thats under our previous contract with Next Generation, so she couldnt have done it without breaking that agreement, which in principle we would never do. Having said that, I think Karen Parry has performed an excellent vocal, and has my full support and I hope one day to meet her in person. Its very difficult to record something well known by another vocalist and try to put your own mark on it and I reckon she's done great.

I suppose now it's getting played everywhere, people will want to know its roots and then get into hardcore, we'll start selling records again and the scene will lift like it did a few years ago, then everyone will moan that its gone all commercial!

So come on guys, we've got a multitude of other songs/records/tracks to be proud of too. I know it may seem like one of our babies has flown the nest and gone commercial, but its roots are always here.

Cheers

Nick.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/19 :  04:09:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
I don't understand why everyone gets so heated over the issue. If you don't like the song, then don't buy it. Don't listen to it. Block it out when it's on the radio or something, or just switch stations. It ain't hard.

Hell, it's not as if a well-known HHC producer just gave up the genre altogether and is gonna spend the rest of his career to doing collaborations with Enya or Celine Dion or something ... and it's not as if every copy of every version of Shooting Star has magically turned itself into the Flip & Fill remix. The original, and all the remixes that you do like, are still there for you to listen to, enjoy, and love like you've always done.

Really, what have you lost?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page