Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/07/23 :  21:31:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
There is plenty of time young 'Zealous.... (forgive me if I've spealt it correctly)

You are lucky. Your parents obviously care for you. They wouldn't trouble themselves by upsetting you if they didn't.

In your situation I would gently point out that becoming a professional DJ is your 'dream' and
the day will eventually come when you get a job, move out, get a home of your own and they
will no longer have control.

You will be free to do as you wish.

....of course by then, if not before, you'll have found something far more interesting, usually women or, as so often happens,
one woman in particular who is the be all and end all of everything.... until you realise that you were completely wrong and
she is little more than just another self-serving little ****.

By then the likelihood is that you'll have grown up, got over your current 'dream' of being a DJ and
will be grateful that you didn't give your parents a hard time right now and you'll find that because you respected them,
they'll be there to help and comfort you in your coming times of need.

As always. I could be wrong.

You managed to say all that without being the least bit condescending. Seriously, kudos lol.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/07/25 :  14:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
There is plenty of time young 'Zealous.... (forgive me if I've spealt it correctly)

You are lucky. Your parents obviously care for you. They wouldn't trouble themselves by upsetting you if they didn't.

In your situation I would gently point out that becoming a professional DJ is your 'dream' and
the day will eventually come when you get a job, move out, get a home of your own and they
will no longer have control.

You will be free to do as you wish.

....of course by then, if not before, you'll have found something far more interesting, usually women or, as so often happens,
one woman in particular who is the be all and end all of everything.... until you realise that you were completely wrong and
she is little more than just another self-serving little ****.

By then the likelihood is that you'll have grown up, got over your current 'dream' of being a DJ and
will be grateful that you didn't give your parents a hard time right now and you'll find that because you respected them,
they'll be there to help and comfort you in your coming times of need.

As always. I could be wrong.

You managed to say all that without being the least bit condescending. Seriously, kudos lol.

Yup. I was just planning to quote the OP and laugh.

Darts
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
535 posts
Darts has attended 34 events
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  08:05:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Darts's homepage  Reply with quote
It's nice that your parents care... they probably don't understand that there are a lot of really nice people in the rave scene and that it is possible to play an active role in things without going completely off the rails and losing all your teeth after getting hooked on meth.

Winning a battle against religious parents who believe they have your best interests at heart won't be easy. You'll probably come up against a lot of resistance and psychological / emotional pressure, but it's up to you to prove to them that this is what you really want to do and it's going to take a lot of persistence and resilience from you to get them onside.

Definitely stick in at college and try to make sure you've got a good 'normal' job / career going on in life. If you're going to get anywhere with DJ'ing it needs a lot of investment (decks, studio equipment & software, travel to gigs, promotional material, etc) so a good income will help you immeasurably - and there's also no guarantees that you'll ever get into a position where you can make money from music (the odds are heavily against you) so it's really important to do the ground work while you're still young and get a good career to fall back on. I didn't, and even though I am amazing, I'm suffering for it financially now.

God would want you to make the most of your life and follow your heart - but also use your common sense

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  09:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
without going completely off the rails and losing all your teeth after getting hooked on meth.

LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
I didn't, and even though I am amazing, I'm suffering for it financially now.

LOL.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  09:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
leave a McDonalds job application form lying around.....

It'll work wonders

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  10:00:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Exactly.

Find something even more horrifying than DJ'ing and suggest that as an alternative.

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  05:03:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Exactly.

Find something even more horrifying than DJ'ing and suggest that as an alternative.

Hmmmm.... crack dealing might work lol

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page