HH.com Production/Lyrics Comp-PRODUCTION STAGE F/C
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  02:44:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage  Reply with quote
What if we wanted to sing our own lyrics? I'm not saying I'll enter, but if I did - I would want it to be with something that was 100% my work.

I do understand not everyone can sing so it's great to have a vocalist willing to do that piece of it, but for me - a lot of song/lyric writing is the vocal interpretation. I think I'd be upset if the base song created didn't match what I envisioned.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  06:16:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maggers:
What if we wanted to sing our own lyrics? I'm not saying I'll enter, but if I did - I would want it to be with something that was 100% my work.

I do understand not everyone can sing so it's great to have a vocalist willing to do that piece of it, but for me - a lot of song/lyric writing is the vocal interpretation. I think I'd be upset if the base song created didn't match what I envisioned.

I completely understand where your coming from but I think what your proposing is more of a lyric & vocal competition, which by the way is a great idea for a future comp.

However for the sake of simplicity & cracking on with the next stage which is Production, trying to have everyone record their own vocals & to a high enough standard & recording level is quite a task!

There's also the question of is there enough vocalists on here to make it worthwhile? Possibly. I wasn't sure how many people would have a go at lyrics as it is but the response has been really good.

I think sticking with lyrics as a new addition to the comps is cool for now but what your proposing is definitely an idea for the future :)

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/11/08 07:34:49
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  06:21:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

I completely understand where your coming from but I think what your proposing is more of a lyric & vocal competition, which by the way is a great idea for a future comp.

However for the sake of simplicity & cracking on with the next stage which is Production, trying to have everyone record their own vocals & to a high enough standard & recording level is quite a task!

There's also the question of is there enough vocalist on here to make it worthwhile? Possibly. I wasn't sure how many people would have a go at lyrics but the respond has been really good.

I think sticking with lyrics as a new addition to the comps is cool for now but what your proposing is definitely an idea for the future :)

Just to expand on that, remember the winning lyricist will be working with Allison to help put their vision into action, if that means then sending her your own sung version of your lyrics then it would be a huge help & something to build on :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  06:23:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
Ken i want to see xx

No worries :) bare with me, its been a manic couple of days in work!

Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  16:40:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

There's also the question of is there enough vocalist on here to make it worthwhile? Possibly. I wasn't sure how many people would have a go at lyrics but the respond has been really good.

Just to expand on that, remember the winning lyricist will be working with Allison to help put their vision into action, if that means then sending her your own sung version of your lyrics then it would be a huge help & something to build on :)

I understand, but to me - lyrics without a melody to go off of when judging them doesn't mean nearly as much. Thanks for the clarification on your plans for this comp. I might participate in the production portion instead.

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  19:10:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

i think if you have your own track you can submit it anyway if you want it on the album xx

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  21:03:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I understand, but to me - lyrics without a melody to go off of when judging them doesn't mean nearly as much. Thanks for the clarification on your plans for this comp. I might participate in the production portion instead.

Thats true, but the same could be said for badly sung/recorded vocals of some excellent lyrics. Involving the building of vocals is pretty adventurous as it is, keeping it simple to begin with is best but your concept is noted. A real possibility for next year.

Thanks for your interest in the production stage, look forward to hearing your ideas mate :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  21:06:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
quote:

i think if you have your own track you can submit it anyway if you want it on the album xx

Correct :) once the comp is complete it'll be onto building the next album & accepting track submissions as normal.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  15:06:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Well the inability to write lyrics rules me out!

Edit: that is unless they are completely separate competitions.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/11/09 15:45:56
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  15:45:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:

Hasn't stopped plenty of others I can think of!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  15:47:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I have absolutely no desire to even try though. It's just not me.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  18:54:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Great of you to let us all know you won't be entering ;-)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  10:50:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I have absolutely no desire to even try though. It's just not me.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  10:54:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Edit: that is unless they are completely separate competitions.

Yes, once the lyric stage is over it's onto the production comp as normal, so hopefully see you involved in that mate.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  03:20:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Pro Mode: Don't write about love.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page