Hardcore Heaven CD series reboot (HU!)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/10/09 :  13:39:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
Your right Samination, when i first heard 'Dougal & Gammer - The 6th Gate' assumed it was made by Scott Brown, also 'Ham - Come Again'

I for one was really happy to see producers take influences from the king of hardcore and take the music in a good direction.

Funny how the tables turn and not always for the better, Hardcore should be Hard or whats the point.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Golion

Sweden
27 posts
Posted - 2016/10/09 :  13:40:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Golion's homepage  Reply with quote
CDJay - Good to hear :P

Elliott - Thank for a good answer. It really sucks seing a style of music that you love die (as I said - hard trance is my nr.1 genre and its almost non existent today) so I can sort of feel your pain here. Booking some Uk djs to come over here is a project of mine that I mostly do for fun and not for profit or to become the next Htid (Im old enough to be realistic about these thing lol). But if I can help spread the sound a little bit, why not give it a go? =)

Samination - It seems to be like this in many styles of dancemusic. Trends seem to play a very big role for many producers. Hardstyle was the worst offender. It went for what felt like overnight from being really close to dark, pulsation german hard trance (Tracid traxx, Overdose) to being a cheesyfest like no other. And not cheesy in the good "this put a smile on my face" way, cheesy like "I would be ashamed if people associated me with this". Thankfully hardstyle now sounds alot better to me but there was a few years of cringeworthy music for sure :/

Edited by - Golion on 2016/10/09 13:50:59
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/10/09 :  13:49:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
There are still labels and artist pushing a more harder 00's sound and always have been, these will be totally pushed under the carpet by the likes of Styles & Gammer, these tracks will be to hard and not watered down enough or not overly compressed edm sounding.

It's funny how DnB still sounds like DnB? So why not Hardcore

5 years from now whos gonna care anyway, Hardcore would have jumped on the next hipster trend, even some the newer Scott Brown tracks are sounding very Gammer'ish.

Would be nice to see the scene be more innovative like they have been in the past why follow trends when you can create them.

Who are they? Where can I find them? The only reason I spend so much time bitching about the state of hardcore is that I can't find any ****ing hardcore to listen to. If I had a new Skydivin' or something, I'd be listening to that instead of complaining.

I'm not some negative-for-the-sake-of-it troll. I have so many better things I could be doing but that's how passionate I am about MY sound of hardcore.

Trackmaster, Candy Crush, Eufeion etc

Playing Next Generation Blatant Beats V.3 CD what a blast.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/09 :  14:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm starting to notice a few old skool rave sounds appearing in tracks quite regularly. If that's going to be the next 'trend' then I might just stick around a bit longer.

As for the HH album, it's going to have to be commercial/current enough to appeal to the Styles/Gammer 'OMG UR MUSIK IZ DA BEST' crowd, tuneful enough to appeal to the regular crowd, and underground enough to appeal to the purist. I really hope it hits the spot that a lot of people say HU7 missed.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  23:48:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
There are still labels and artist pushing a more harder 00's sound and always have been, these will be totally pushed under the carpet by the likes of Styles & Gammer, these tracks will be to hard and not watered down enough or not overly compressed edm sounding.

5 years from now whos gonna care anyway, Hardcore would have jumped on the next hipster trend, even some the newer Scott Brown tracks are sounding very Gammer'ish.

Would be nice to see the scene be more innovative like they have been in the past why follow trends when you can create them.

Who are they? Where can I find them? The only reason I spend so much time bitching about the state of hardcore is that I can't find any ****ing hardcore to listen to. If I had a new Skydivin' or something, I'd be listening to that instead of complaining.

I'm not some negative-for-the-sake-of-it troll. I have so many better things I could be doing but that's how passionate I am about MY sound of hardcore.

Fair play. Dowster & Vagabond and Eufeion have all been doing some good stuff. I was kinda hoping you were gonna unveil some hidden treasure trove of UK hardcore though!

That album was amazing.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  15:23:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair play. Dowster & Vagabond and Eufeion have all been doing some good stuff. I was kinda hoping you were gonna unveil some hidden treasure trove of UK hardcore though!

That album was amazing.

here one i didnt find till recently :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwjjj56-dk

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/13 :  01:59:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That album was amazing.

here one i didnt find till recently :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwjjj56-dk

That's big. I had just started to lose my faith in Technikore and then he does this. The most modern thing in that whole track is the tape stop on the lead.

I think he's one of those producers who just really loves supersaw-driven hardcore. I don't think he'll ever give up on it completely.

I think I'll start using this as a mixdown reference track. Perfect example of how to create proper hardcore with 2016 production values.

Technikore's still a problem in 2016!

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/13 02:02:04
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/10/16 :  19:35:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Bring it on, more compilations the better! big up hu, things should be coming out that I can't wait to get my hands on

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  14:22:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Very welcome change as far as I'm concerned.
Why shouldn't Hardcore be more professional in appearance?

It doesn't look professional though does it, it's trying to look stylish and minimal but looks basic and cheap, I don't mean to have a go, but when you are saying that the fate of the whole genre rests on this cd then surely you should sack whoever did the artwork for gross misconduct, if you walked into hmv, to buy a hardcore cd, you didn't really know much about the genre, and you seen this next to the latest rebuild cd, which one would you buy?

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  15:00:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe the cover should look like this one:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Hardcore/release/239901

or even this one:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Hardcore-2/release/221614?ev=rr

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Edited by - Captain Triceps on 2016/10/26 15:03:15
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  15:27:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
What has this compilation actually got to do with hardcore heaven/slammin vinyl? How are they involved?

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  15:51:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
What has this compilation actually got to do with hardcore heaven/slammin vinyl? How are they involved?

Probably nothing but if you want to license yourself some brand recognition, you go with Hardcore Heaven every time.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:01:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
So your putting 3 dj's that absolutely anyone slightly unfamiliar with hardcore never would have heard of , 1 of which MOST people who are into the genre find very very boring, combined with really shit artwork and a brand that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the actual cd , which has actually released some of the greatest hardcore compilations of all time, and your wondering why it might not do so well?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:40:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We're working with the Hardcore Heaven brand, which, incidently, we also nearly did back in 2011 before we were pushed out to make way for the usual suspects instead using a model we'd identified as faulty.

I had 20,000 pounds ready to throw into it, and said we'd do another one even if the first one lost money. Instead, I bought a car and passively watched as I was proved right for the umpteenth time.

So, with that in mind, your cynicism might be slightly off base. F&D actually scan pretty well out of genre and the whole point of this is to push things forward. If you put the same old names on there, particularly when they only have the same old music, we get to watch history repeat itself.

Hate on the artwork all you want, but in the end the actual finished physical product *will* raise the bar. I personally guarantee that. If you'd rather something "as it was" those albums still exist and you can go and listen to them. The existence of a new iteration in this oft-rebooted series doesn't affect your enjoyment of the existing ones in any way. I'm not 100% convinced that any of the previous HH albums were/are considered overly iconic from an purely artwork standpoint, anyway.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2016/10/26 16:48:40
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:51:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
... I'm not 100% convinced that any of the previous HH albums were/are considered overly iconic from an purely artwork standpoint, anyway.

CDJay

Especially not HH3, which sold out and went with the obligatory not-very-attractive girl in a bikini.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page