n00b Starting Out
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  14:17:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
"My price range is around £10,000. Within this I want to get a sound system to fill a room that can hold around 100/200 people."

I'm a bit confused by some of the resopnses. Are you looking for a complete DJ/sound setup, or a DJ/Sound/Producing setup?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  14:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Fkin 'eck u got ambissions!!

Oh look at me, i'm pleasing people. I'm the magical man from lolly pop island......
....By the way I was being sarcastic!!

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  14:45:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
LOL, he sure does. But hey if you got $15,000 sitting around what better way to spend it?

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:00:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
anti skate's got nothing to do with making it jump. and as for the counterbalance, what you need to do is to have it so the tone arm balances EXACTLY,so it doesn't drop on to the deck or go in the air. then turn the bit at the front of the counterbalance to zero. then turn the whole counterbalance to the weight of your cartridge.

also,what decks are you on? if they're belt drives then expect them to jump no matter what.

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:01:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
How about a new car???

Oh look at me, i'm pleasing people. I'm the magical man from lolly pop island......

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:09:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
that would be nice!

just dance........

zilv3r

United Kingdom
59 posts
zilv3r has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:18:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zilv3r's homepage  Reply with quote
Already got myself a new Toyota Celica, and I don't want a studio (would be too tempting to buy stuff that looks good but has no use to me) I just want the decks/mixer/amp and a decent sound system to fill an small arena that can hold about 200 people.

Why all the pressure to sum up my life, my religion, my whole world in one line?

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:23:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Wot mark celica is it 1,2,3,4???? Also wot model e.g GT2!I like the new 2000 Edition!!! But personally i'd rather have a Audio TTS Or a beemer M3!!!! YEAH!!!!

I got a 1999 Ford Mondeo Saloon 1.8i 16V Zetec!!! With CD player, Air Con, Traction Control. Cost me £3995, it was in an accident thats why it was cheap but i work as a full time mechanic, so me and some ova peeps fixed it. Now one problem is the insurance which is £1753 using tescos insurance!!! OUCH!!!

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:28:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^ that's nothing. i'm paying £1800 to insure a h reg fiesta 1.1!!! consider yourself lucky there

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:33:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Shit for a 1100cc 1991 Fiesta you r paying a lot change insurance company....U'll get that for less than £1000 easy!!! Shit man i could insure an xr2i at that price!!

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:42:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i got a claim against me though. (first car got nicked)
if i didn't have that claim i'd be paying 1100

DJ Mouse

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:46:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Car thiefs are such bastards hopefully no 1 will try it to mine (Alarm and immobiliser equiped)!!!! At the min i want the blue and yellow duckhams mark 2 touring kit for my car, but im low on funds, so i'll have to settle for clear side repeaters and an aluminium tax disc holder for now =(

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:48:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i want a car!!!

just dance........

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/20 :  15:53:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
My m8s selling his vectra its the fkn best...

...Vauxhall Vectra 1997 2000cc 16v Ecotec, ABS, TC, MCRallying Vectra Vision EVO Kit with Twin Spoiler, Double Exaust System, Skirts Front Spoiler, White Speedos, Door Sills Momo Arrows 17" Alloys!!! A nice Dark Purple Colour
He wants £4999
And that is a fkn bargain!!!! The alloys he got off me cheap should b £1299 but got em for £800

, he wants a 2001 Mazda MX-5]

So if u want it....U know wot to do!?

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/05/21 :  07:46:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
OK, now that I know what you want :)

Decks: get a pair of the Technics 1200 Mk3D's. They are the industry standard, and for good reasons. $1000

For a mixer get a top of the line Vestax like a PMC-07 or something, or the Pioneer DJM-600 depending on how many channels you need. Vestax just makes the best mixers. And don't be fooled by the digital mixers. Digital mixers have been around for a while now and they always suk. People keep reintroducing them, but from everything I have heard (ive never used one though) you should stay clear of them. Mixer ~$1000

Main speakers: 2X JBL SR4731X double 12" 2-Way's short pole mounted on 2X JBL SR4718X 18" Subs. These cost quite a bit but they are (arguably) bar-none the best speakers you can buy for a PA. $4500

Amps: A QSC PLX3402 for the 12"s. And a QSC PLX2402 for the subs. QSC has been making some really good/cheap amps lately and those 2 are almost perfectly matched to the JBL's maximum power handling. $2000

Monitors: 2X MACKIE SRM450. They are really light and they sound good. A lot of people are using them as monitors now, and for good reason. $1500

Speaker Stands: Whatever U like- ~$400 for 2 stands and 2 poles.

Cables- XLR's for the speakers and really good cables all around- ~$300

So there you have it. That's what I suggest. All for about $11,000 which is well within your limit and leaves $4000 for a lighting rig if you need one. For anywhere from 200-500 people that system would kick arse. The JBL Srx series when properly powered is one of the tightest sounding systems I have heard. I listened to almost that exact setup at Mars and the bass hit you hard and didn't sound all muddy like most every other system I have heard. Good luck!!!

PS: I base those suggestions not only on many reviews i have read, but also my friend is the store manager at Mars music and does the sound setup for most all the clubs, concerts, etc in the Boston area and he agrees that all that stuff is the best for a speaker system running ~$5000-~10000

Peas out!!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page