Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 hec-tec is gonna stop as label
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  13:21:41  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
hecttech_recs

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 9:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought i'd add that the Hecttech Double CD is available on general release next weekend.
There was to be another 2 hecttech albums scheduled for later this year, these will now not happen. This album will be the last one i release.

Also, there is about another 10 releases scheduled for hecttech and htse then no more..... i'll be closing the labels

www.hecttechrecords.co.uk

:(

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Alert moderator
bowzer
Average Member

Canada
210 posts

153 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  15:35:22  Show profile  Send a private message
AHHH what the hect-tech!?! this cant be... is there a reason for the closing of the label?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - bowzer on 2002/06/14 15:36:31
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  22:21:13  Show profile  Send a private message
=(

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/06/15 :  16:56:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
who's gonna put out the nimrod tunes?...... maybe nick will go back to next gen/blatant beats (pacman prays for it ;)

the hecttech back-catalogue will become a collectors item - there's already some serious rare choons in there.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/06/16 :  00:36:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
I haven't spoken to James yet about the topic issue, so I can't comment on that, but I'm curious as to why you'd want me to release on next gen again bud.

Has it really made that much of a difference?

I think the diversity of the remixes we're getting now is great, (that's not saying the next gen, mainly B&H mixes were substandard, no way). For instance, Luna C, my old Smart E's pal never remixed a track of mine for next gen, despite me suggesting it, but now he has, and what a remix that is (Crazy little fingers - mwx003). And phosphor, justrich, Devestate... plus theres another couple of people I've never worked with before doing remixes for the next two tracks, and these are huge names in the scene.

And lets not forget that were giving ANYONE a chance to remix Cloudy Daze soon, and get on the b- side of a future Blaze! release.

So do let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Nick.

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/06/16 :  09:48:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
ooo man! this stinks =( n e idea y this is happening?

"It's all good..."

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/16 :  10:33:41  Show profile  Send a private message
Bugger:( I thought the Nimrod release was selling well so i don't see any reason for hectech shutting down =(. Does anyone no the genuine reason for teh label closing....lets just hope he reconsiders hey!!

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/06/16 :  18:21:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I don't know the reasons, I have not spoken to James (HectTech), but I can tell you this type of thing happens when you download tunes and not buy them!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/06/16 :  20:25:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
LoL @ blaming downloading choons.

No, no, no. My guess is that he's less than thrilled by the response on USH.net of l8, and the general direction that hardcore seems to be going.

Personally I think it's a flawed decision, but the underlying motive is sound. If he's lost the heart for it, then it's better to go out on a high note.

We can but hope that he has a change of heart and sees that it is well respected labels such as his ( hecttech ) can provide the neccessary variety that makes 2002 hardcore the most exciting for a very long time.

It certainly doesn't help that the Hecttech tracks aren't getting played out, especially by the big names, enough in my mind. However I'd lay at least some of the blame for this on the fact that only the big-names ( who aren't playing them ) get promos of Hecttech releases.

At the moment I'd say it's all up in the air, but it's not the most heartwarming of situations for sure.

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2002/06/17 :  03:33:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
ive just been told that its not stopping now. he said its 100% but im not sure how he knows

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/06/17 :  03:37:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I found out the why it happened, I can't go into details because I don't think James wants to publicly release the reasons (I'll let him do it if he wants to)... but remember this... everytime you download, every time you copy a CD, everytime you rip something off and not pay for it, this is EXACTLY what happens!

Good shit dies when you don't ****en pay for it!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/06/17 :  04:30:07  Show profile  Send a private message
explains alot!!
but ppl wouldnt have to download tunes if they were easily bought,
true youve got the net, but more record shops selling more happy hardcore would surely help?

**im not voting for downloading tunes!!! Im against it totally, im just showing that there is two sides to every story!!!**

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/17 :  06:01:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
that's a good point you made nick.... i guess i've just always been crazy about their work, and of late they have both been putting out some absolute quality tuneage. but yes the crazy little fingers mixes are truly hot and it does bring alot of diversity to your music. well i've changed my mind then! hahaha.

so who you working with now?
scott brown?? kaos?? fade?? hmmmmmmm speculation ;)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/06/17 :  10:28:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Hmmz, now that IS interesting, it actually does have something to do with piracy?

I was almost certain that it was due to the recent USH.net discussions mixed w/ the lack of exposure the releases are getting by the top DJs.

Now I'm intruiged.... but I'll refrain from asking questions I know I won't get an answer to ;)

Doesn't change what I said earlier tho, ffs start sending promos to trustworthy up 'n coming DJs, I'm sure I could come up with at least 5-10 names that would give the future releases the exposure they deserve.

As for downloading choons I think that:

OLD stuff: IE unavailable OR rare - is fine.

For example I'm downloading .mp3's from the KF early back catalogue, so I can figure out which ones I want from those I don't have.

Is this wrong? They are low-bitrate vinyl sourced .mp3's that skip around all the time and are of absolutely no use at all other than as a preview.

Aaaaaanyway, 'nuff w/ the off topic rantingz ;)

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/17 :  21:56:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
i think this is positive for the scene rather than negative, i am more likely to go out and buy more tunes if there are some little sound clips sitting around so i can listen to them. those clips are simply like advertisements, they encourage you to buy. the problem is when people are using downlaods or copies to listen to INSTEAD of buying.

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/18 :  13:30:08  Show profile  Send a private message
Can we really blame everything on mp3's now!!!!???? people no teh problem aint it bout time we stopped moaning and did sumfink bout it?!?!?!

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page