Brisk & Scott Brown's new tunes
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  10:58:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Its got nothing to do with taking things harder than others. Shit! I say one thing and I get this toss!

Pacman, lets set it straight! You like it, I dont! Thats that! If I was at a rave and one minute UK hardcore was getting played and then newstyle came on, yes I would rave to it. Why? Because some of it is half decent to me. It isnt something I would rave to if it was the only music playing. I wouldnt be at a rave if it was like that.

Variation is fine. Ive got nothing against it. The point I made from the start was that I didnt really like the two new tunes by Scott Brown & Brisk because I dont like newstyle gabber. That was it! Obviously peoples opinions dont matter for much anymore. Sorry I bothered saying anything! I'll leave you all to chat on about how wonderfull these new tunes are.

HKA = HARDCORE KICKS ARSE!! HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE. 4EVA WE WILL BE #1!
Dj ViRTiGo - HARDCORE 4 THE RAVERS!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  13:19:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virtigo:
there are only 2 countries that newstyle seems to be really hitting off. 1) Australia & 2) Holland

Sorry you forgot Italy. Kids there are nuts about gabber. Too bad the bulk of the gabber lovers there, are skin heads :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  15:24:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
heh
i was jokin mate

i aint turnin this into ush (no offence anyone but thats where the usual argumjents are)

just sayin i like em, im all for ppl havin there own opinions which is what most ppl who post on ush.net (noone mentioned again and no offence) seem to think you shouldnt have (an opinion)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Edited by - Oli G on 2002/07/10 15:26:46
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  15:38:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
i have all respect for your opinion virtigo.

when you write a thread that attacks songs that others like and a genre that others like, you have to be prepared to recieve argument. not everyone's going to bow down and agree with you, especially when your original post was strongly opinionated and subjective. your point was more than that you didn't like them - if you read your post again, you basically say how newstyle is not a plausible style and that you think it's not as valid a form of music as happyhardcore, which obviously is your opinion and that's fine, but you have to expect that people are going to disagree. this is a discussion board!

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

joltzy

United States
62 posts
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  22:48:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit joltzy's homepage  Reply with quote
So virus your not american. Thats funny.

JOLTZ

Edited by - joltzy on 2002/07/10 22:49:08
virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  23:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Wotever. Im not gonna start any arguments because Ive stated my opinion. If I did that every time I put my opinion forward then I wud have had many arguments and fights because of it! pointless!

The USH forum is terrible thow. I'll give you that!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  00:02:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't mind the newstyle stuff but I much prefere the proper hardcore myself. I don't see why or how this topic has got onto dissing Force & Styles they were great....every tune they produced was great they did a lot for our scene. They are also one of not many who crossed over to Happy Hardcore when Oldskool started to fade and develop more into HHC. There oldskool tunes are great too when they were in "Force & The Evolution". I see no need to accuse Force & Styles of not being Hard enough if there not hard enough then surely every single HHC producer isn't hard enough!!! I personally don't mind the newstyle harder stuff but I don't love it and I don't think I ever could. Force & Styles gets my vote over Scott Browns Hard stuff anyday. However I'm not making an assult on Scott Brown I also think he has done loads for our scene....I just prefer his stuff like "Turn Up The Music", "Power Of Love", "Elysium", "Now Is The Time", "Pilgrim 2000", "Break Of Dawn Remix", etc, etc. What I find good about Scott Brown is that he caters for all styles of Hardcore lovers from his harder stuff to his Happier sounding stuff!!!

Sy.

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  01:33:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Exactly. Couldnt agree more with you. He is one of the best DJ/Producers ever to hit the scene and his hardcore like "Turn Up The Music" "Blue Room" "Power Of Love" etc I believe is the future of the scene. Without a doubt!

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  08:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
quote:
I actually really like the enw stuff comin' out, deffinately would drop it in my set

yea, but yer american.. american happy dj's always do that.

care to elaborate on this?

"We'll always be together; however far it seems. We'll always be together; together in electric dreams. "

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  15:48:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
i like it and it rocks heard it in brisk set at fd :)

You can't see me,because i am the future.

joltzy

United States
62 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  22:09:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit joltzy's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes kg4 thats what i was wondering

JOLTZ

Edited by - joltzy on 2002/07/11 22:10:28
DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  19:00:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I said it in the other thred and i'll say it here....SCOTT BROWN RAN OUT OF IDEAS A LONG TIME AGO.

I do like the earcloser mix, but nothing will compaer to the original, not even Brisks 99mix.

i Mean i have better ideas for Hardcore then him, i just need $250 so i can go into the ATM Studio and Produce it.

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  19:14:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage  Reply with quote
I didnt really want to read this topic, seeing most would say stuff like this, about it being nu style gabber and all..

well you all have your own opinions

Ive been a gabber as long as ive been listening to hardcore, gabber is apart of me, and to have a great anthem such as Eye opener, rmxed as a nu style track is a blessing upon me

i really like this harder approach from brisk and Brown. i really hope to see more tunes like this, but hope they make a new label instead of putting it on nex gen

thats my 4 cents

respekts

sam

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  20:39:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
i always hear american dj's mixing new style with happy stuff

joltzy

United States
62 posts
Posted - 2002/07/13 :  20:42:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit joltzy's homepage  Reply with quote
So you are not an american!
JOLTZ

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page