Total online 1450
 Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ... ::: WILL HAPPY HARDCORE EVER RETURN? ::: ...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/02/22 :  23:37:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
it won't ever return because the scene is changed* so much that it's not repairable. it's now run by 4 old men (hixxy, styles, breeze, and dougal) and 13 year old who look up to mc storm (another old man) as their iconic hero.

hardcore used to be about the motif 'AVIN IT' but now it's about love songs taking its self too seriously. using 64bit samples and super pollished production. hadly hardcore is it.

oh and it's all about the $$$ now anyway.

*I say changed, i mean damaged.

Hixxy, breeze, styles, and dougal are all actually gold-eating lizardmen from outer space who are creating music with subliminal messages in them to hypnotize ravers and create their own personal army that they'll use to destroy the world!! We need to stop them before it's too late!

This also means "People read."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/02/22 23:40:08
catjam

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2009/02/23 :  00:51:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit catjam's homepage  Reply with quote
i would much rather see oldschool gabba & the old scottish hardcore or "Bouncy Techno" as
it`s sometimes called make a comeback,
Happyhardcore actually wasn`t as big/popular here as it was south of the border
for whatever reason most people here at that time prefered the harder sounds

and some people are saying Hixxy..Dougal..etc are wasting the scene
they aren`t really..they do commercial hardcore
just dont listen to commercial hardcore there are is plenty of other hardcore out there

http://rapidshare.com/files/301062605/Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

JTC - Just Another Hardcore Havoc

http://rapidshare.com/files/319592945/Just_Another_Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

pm me for TL

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/02/23 :  04:18:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
you had Dune, you had Scooter who back then were still proper rave and happy hardcore, you had Marusha, you had Mark 'Oh, Tokyo Ghetto Pussy

You'll have to excuse me, but UK never had these artists. Ofcourse they visited UK to play live, but they are central european artists aren't they?

acidfluxxbass: I don't think Luna-C likes to be called minority :P Considering he never tries to sound the same, I wouldn't call him just a minority trying to make (happy) hardcore

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2009/02/23 04:18:41
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2009/02/23 :  10:01:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by catjam:
i would much rather see oldschool gabba & the old scottish hardcore or "Bouncy Techno" as
it`s sometimes called make a comeback,
Happyhardcore actually wasn`t as big/popular here as it was south of the border
for whatever reason most people here at that time prefered the harder sounds

I agree! I am a southener but prefer the harder sounds myself now. Sadly it is just softcore or Nu Style Gabber these days & none of the 'inbetween' sounds. I have some new mixes up soon, check them out for this style...

Dynamitri

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2009/02/23 :  19:46:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dynamitri's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
quote:
you had Dune, you had Scooter who back then were still proper rave and happy hardcore, you had Marusha, you had Mark 'Oh, Tokyo Ghetto Pussy

You'll have to excuse me, but UK never had these artists. Ofcourse they visited UK to play live, but they are central european artists aren't they?

It wasn't "you had" as in "you were the country that gave us these people", it was "you had" as in "there was", I was not referring to them being from the UK, now c'mon! :-O lol

Edited by - Dynamitri on 2009/02/23 19:46:58
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/02/24 :  04:22:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dynamitri:
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
quote:

It wasn't "you had" as in "you were the country that gave us these people", it was "you had" as in "there was", I was not referring to them being from the UK, now c'mon! :-O lol

You'll have to excuse me, but since most people here where from UK, I took that for granted :P

anyways, if you want to make it international, use "We had" instead :)

eurodancemag
Starting Member

Germany
8 posts
Posted - 2015/09/23 :  21:39:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eurodancemag's homepage  Reply with quote
July 2014 happy hardcore is back thanks to "Dj Paul Elstak,Mental Theo feat Gin Dutch - Raving Beats" Pure 90s happy hardcore song only and original happy hardcore all other is shit.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/09/23 :  22:14:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
You should probably check out Happy Hardcore Underground before pinning it all on a single track.

CDJay

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/09/24 :  01:57:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
The thing that's sometimes annoying about this forum is so many people just living on their island (sometimes musically, often quite literally) not being able or not wanting to look at the bigger picture and clinging to what they personally grew up with.
There are so many easy answers why UK/Happy Hardcore never has been (really) big and never will be.
And that's probably a good thing. Hardcore always absorbed the mainstream and transformed it. What should happen if it became mainstream? Do you really want to hear David Guetta make Happy Hardcore?

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/09/24 :  06:09:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
brisk & Darwin made everytime and lets live forever in 2011

eurodancemag
Starting Member

Germany
8 posts
Posted - 2015/09/24 :  17:13:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eurodancemag's homepage  Reply with quote
Happy hardcore never again be a top music,coz electro-house and progressive virus buy every people in world.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/09/24 :  23:50:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Bonkers will be bounce back

Happy2bHardcore will be resurrected

Hardcore Heaven will return with Seduction and Slipmatt's comeback!

Truthin!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/25 :  06:47:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
"Dreamin" you mean? :P

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/09/27 :  16:56:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
so many people just living on their island (sometimes musically, often quite literally) not being able or not wanting to look at the bigger picture and clinging to what they personally grew up with.

This.

SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2015/09/27 :  18:44:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage  Reply with quote
I highly doubt it, here's why.

To so many young people these days, that sort of music isn't fashionable or trendy. It's old, uncool and hasn't aged well. The main music sound is dominated by what sells, not what doesn't.

Yes there are die hard fans who love that sound but it's simply not enough to bring it back.

The people that can make the sound have either left the scene ages ago or are making the new sound to cater for what today's young audience want and will pay money to hear at raves.

The only way for that sound to come back is if someone who made it back then, but left the scene comes back to make that sound, or if someone purchased studio equipment used back then to replicate the sound.

It will never be a sound widely heard at raves again though especially because many of the die hard ravers from back then must be late 30's/40's so probably wouldn't be interested in going to an event even if that sound did come back.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page