Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Gisbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
237 posts
Posted - 2011/01/28 :  23:36:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gisbo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Wise words from Redwingz, who i suspect knows how to run his own little empire without needing meaningless encouragement from a bunch of brown-nosers who know chuff all about anything (but secretly daren't voice an opinion in case he gets famous)!

Gisbo, you must have so many people up your arse you don't know the difference between constructive criticism and ripping other people to bits.

You've either been let down badly in the past so much that you can't tell the difference or you do far too many drugs!

uncalled for?

im just moody ****er you get used to me
ive actually never done drugs well weed but it wasnt for me lol im just a headcase lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Gisbo on 2011/01/28 23:38:41
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  02:57:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
The lyrics could be very Clubland-style! Forget what Andy said, what you need is practice! It's not a matter of "you've got it or not", you can learn everything and you'll never end learning in life. You need lessons and practice, like 99.9% of people who do this! Do you seriously believe big stars started singing out of nowhere and suddenly became who they are now? No...

are you seriously suggesting that natural talent isn't part of being an amazing singer?

If that were true then everyone would be a famous singer, and the music industry would fall flat on it's face because talent has become irrelevant.

Also, don't tell him to disregard what i said! I told him to go and see a vocal coach... practicing by yourself is going to do way more harm than good if you don't have proper technique... not only can it stunt your growth as a singer but with bad technique you can also damage your vocal cords!

Talented singers who get vocal coaching is akin to a talented basketball player having a good coach. If you suck at basketball it'll help you get better by having an awesome coach, but it wont get you into the NBA - because there's a certain element of talent involved.

Edited by - Future_Shock on 2011/01/29 03:01:45
Hoodzie

United Kingdom
295 posts
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  10:28:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hoodzie's homepage  Reply with quote
Bloody hell this is beyond stupid!! think the post needs to stop!!

Ok the guy cant sing hes been told end of no need to drag this out and embarrass him is there??

because some unprofessional people are making this post so big it will now prevent other people from sending vocal demo's to producers or online forums because they will think that this is the kind of shit they will get if there do and think there not good enough.

medals around to everyone on this thread thats posted to give this kid stick

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  12:23:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
The lyrics could be very Clubland-style! Forget what Andy said, what you need is practice! It's not a matter of "you've got it or not", you can learn everything and you'll never end learning in life. You need lessons and practice, like 99.9% of people who do this! Do you seriously believe big stars started singing out of nowhere and suddenly became who they are now? No...

are you seriously suggesting that natural talent isn't part of being an amazing singer?

If that were true then everyone would be a famous singer, and the music industry would fall flat on it's face because talent has become irrelevant.

Also, don't tell him to disregard what i said! I told him to go and see a vocal coach... practicing by yourself is going to do way more harm than good if you don't have proper technique... not only can it stunt your growth as a singer but with bad technique you can also damage your vocal cords!

Talented singers who get vocal coaching is akin to a talented basketball player having a good coach. If you suck at basketball it'll help you get better by having an awesome coach, but it wont get you into the NBA - because there's a certain element of talent involved.

Talent is not genetic and that's proven... it's something you earn, expand, learn..
And yes that's why I told him he should get lessons.

But you shouldn't discourage him! I bet the first tracks you done were shit aswell or actually whatever you touched for the first time automatically turned into crap.

redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  12:59:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Talent is not genetic and that's proven... it's something you earn, expand, learn..

I think I would disagree to some extent. I would say some people are definitely born to do something. There are some talents that people have that they dont discover until they are into middle age, how can that have been taught to them?

For example, I remember a guy years ago, he was in his mid-40s and he was quitting smoking, so he took up golf to give himself something else to focus on and something to take his mind off it. A few years later he was in the British Open (a professional tournament). I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old and I even had professional lessons. Im OK, but Im no where near good enough to even think about playing in tournaments, and Ive been playing over 15 years! Maybe that guy was born to play golf, and myself....after 15 years of trying, am obviously not.
Im not saying this is ALWAYS the case, I think people can learn something and become professional. But i also think there are people who are just born to do something, even if they dont know what that something is yet.

As for having this thread closed....why? I really dont see what harm the thread is doing. Its a public forum for people to have discussions and voice opinions, you cant go locking every thread when things get a little heated. This thread isnt even talking about Lorenzo anymore. Its a discussion about singing in general so I dont see the problem.
Lorenzo is a decent guy, anyone who knows him will know that and I imagine he has taken some of what has been said to heart, but hes a good guy and alot of people respect him, and i know for a fact he is someone who is keen to learn.

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Edited by - redwingz on 2011/01/29 13:01:16
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  13:57:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoodzie:
Bloody hell this is beyond stupid!! think the post needs to stop!!

Ok the guy cant sing hes been told end of no need to drag this out and embarrass him is there??

because some unprofessional people are making this post so big it will now prevent other people from sending vocal demo's to producers or online forums because they will think that this is the kind of shit they will get if there do and think there not good enough.

medals around to everyone on this thread thats posted to give this kid stick

Edited by - Future_Shock on 2011/01/29 16:35:26
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  14:22:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you shouldn't discourage him! I bet the first tracks you done were shit aswell or actually whatever you touched for the first time automatically turned into crap.

you dont learn talent.

If we're specifically talking about singing, then explain to me why some people are SIGNIFICANTLY better than other people, without having ever had lessons?

For the last ****ing time i didn't discourage him, i told him to see a vocal coach for **** sake. But giving him false hope, like you, is doing way more harm than good.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  14:29:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
I think I would disagree to some extent. I would say some people are definitely born to do something. There are some talents that people have that they dont discover until they are into middle age, how can that have been taught to them?

For example, I remember a guy years ago, he was in his mid-40s and he was quitting smoking, so he took up golf to give himself something else to focus on and something to take his mind off it. A few years later he was in the British Open (a professional tournament). I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old and I even had professional lessons. Im OK, but Im no where near good enough to even think about playing in tournaments, and Ive been playing over 15 years! Maybe that guy was born to play golf, and myself....after 15 years of trying, am obviously not.
Im not saying this is ALWAYS the case, I think people can learn something and become professional. But i also think there are people who are just born to do something, even if they dont know what that something is yet.

Yes that's true I completely agree, but that's the passion! Perhaps he found it a billion times more interesting than you and therefore he's better at it. The more a human being loves and enjoys something, the better he does it. No matter if he has practice or not! And there's a point where you break the "Im-in-it"-barrier where you are completely into your thing and that's everything you're focusing on. I'm not talking about a single moment now, but about a whole life. Some people are into music production and that's like their only "tunnel" in life, that's what everything is all about. Same can be with love, you can love someone so much and automatically do everything for them, without even noticing what you are doing because you will be in some kind of 'rush', until it becomes an obsession, which is bad. There are no people who are born to do this or that, everyone is more or less the same at the age of birth, everything else depends on education, environment... things you learn from the people around you, the mentality you get, the way you actually ACT, the things you do, the way you see life, etc etc... that's a whole psychological thing :) But it's very interesting actually, I'm thinking of studying psychology as I've already read tons about it and I really want to know more. An interesting topic aswell is (nothing to do with this here) why do WE especially like Happy Hardcore? What elements make that we enjoy it? Why do we classify music after genres and not after moods? Why do some people enjoy Gabber? To let the **** out? To let aggressions inside of them out, perhaps like some people do with sports? etc etc.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  14:40:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm just waiting for a time where i can be bothered read this whole topic, it's going to be entertaining.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/01/29 16:54:07
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2011/01/29 :  20:49:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
Good read.

Important points were made in the first few posts, now its getting a bit Sharia-Law-punishment-style

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page