Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
yzerman

United Kingdom
132 posts
yzerman has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  20:05:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
dont think there is any certain moves lol like has been said jump around and go mental no practive needed for that any1 can do it

Shuffle looks good for hardstyle but hardcore is too fast, ive never seen any1 shuffling to anything in the UK tho loads of people were doing it in Oz

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  20:45:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes hence it's called the Melbourne Shuffle.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/02/18 20:45:17
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  21:24:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
I probably need to requote myself to avoid any misunderstanding:

quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
First please let me get this straight:
Personally I think everyone should interpret the music in his / her own moves. Some things might look grotty to others, some probably neat, but EDM is about getting into state of trance.

I certainly do not want to dance in a special style all night long. I hate this herd instinct (everybody dance the same way) in clubs as well.

I am more into grab up different styles and moves and try to mix them up to my own dancing style, if I like them.

I like this video, when it comes to shuffling to HHC:

I am only able to last about half a minute (what at least seems to look close to shuffle tmo), but I think it's allright, because I usualy never try hold it longer and change to another style quickly.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  21:41:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
Exactly. Everyone should have a dancing style not a collective "jump up and down".

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  22:38:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
Exactly. Everyone should have a dancing style not a collective "jump up and down".

If someone is taken to the state of trance simply by doing this, it's just fine. It doesn't work for me personally. I need to freak out for about half an hour until my shirt is drenched in sweat and my body temperature has increased carrying me to a flue-like dizzy feeling.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/18 :  23:32:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I probably need to requote myself to avoid any misunderstanding:

quote:
First please let me get this straight:
Personally I think everyone should interpret the music in his / her own moves. Some things might look grotty to others, some probably neat, but EDM is about getting into state of trance.

I certainly do not want to dance in a special style all night long. I hate this herd instinct (everybody dance the same way) in clubs as well.

I am more into grab up different styles and moves and try to mix them up to my own dancing style, if I like them.

I like this video, when it comes to shuffling to HHC:

I am only able to last about half a minute (what at least seems to look close to shuffle tmo), but I think it's allright, because I usualy never try hold it longer and change to another style quickly.

that to me looks like someone randomly shuffling, probably to hardstyle and some1 just added a UK hardcore song to make it look like he's shuffling to the song. doesn't go together at all.

brisbane stomp imo is a really good dance to uk hardcore, and it leaves you room to add a personal touch to it as well.

and yes jumping up and down is stupid. it is the stereotype rave dance that ppl (who know nothing about raves) believe all ravers do at raves, besides drugs

Edited by - latininxtc on 2011/02/18 23:34:20
m0nst3r

Australia
308 posts
m0nst3r has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  00:17:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit m0nst3r's homepage  Reply with quote
To the guy who said "I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore i don't think its humanly possible"
Hardcore as in UK hardcore...or hardcore as in gabber?
can be done...there's a few people in Brisbane who can

as for dancing to Happy hard, alot of people in brisbane stomp I.e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6-iVybtAE

That's not the best vid but you get the point

"The best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one" -Charlie sheen

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  01:11:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Hahaha, thanks Revs for reminding me of that vid. I always found it hilarious how crazy he is!

My SOUNDCLOUD

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  01:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by m0nst3r:
To the guy who said "I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore i don't think its humanly possible"
Hardcore as in UK hardcore...or hardcore as in gabber?
can be done...there's a few people in Brisbane who can

as for dancing to Happy hard, alot of people in brisbane stomp I.e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6-iVybtAE

That's not the best vid but you get the point

Up to people how they dance and stuff but I can see that annoying people on the dancefloor having people constantly bash into you and flail their legs out kicking people all over the place.

Another thing with the UK is that the reason most people 'just jump up and down' is because we don't have as many people on pills and stuff over here than there is in the states so you don't have loads of cuddle puddles at the sides of the raves and people getting light shows with masks and stuff. You're either at the bar, in the toilet, in the smoking area or going mental on the dancefloor. Might see a few people chilling out at the sides towards the end but most of the time the full focus is on the dancefloor and that's it.

I personally like the American way, just more my kinda style I guess. Nobody knows what a light show is over here, I have just one mate who will actually do one properly for me, nobody else quite understands it!

m0nst3r

Australia
308 posts
m0nst3r has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  02:27:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit m0nst3r's homepage  Reply with quote
In Brisbane You are able to dance like that because we never get more then like 300-500 people at an event, the biggest event we had was Darren Styles and we had 700 people attend.

usually an event in Brisbane will get no more then 200 people, so you don't have to worry about bumping into people.

But now I'm in New Zealand
no raves :(

"The best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one" -Charlie sheen

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  11:24:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
I'd like to see someone shuffle to hardcore. I doubt it's humanly possible.

And it's incredibly gay.

Lies.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  12:52:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by m0nst3r:
In Brisbane You are able to dance like that because we never get more then like 300-500 people at an event, the biggest event we had was Darren Styles and we had 700 people attend.

usually an event in Brisbane will get no more then 200 people, so you don't have to worry about bumping into people.

But now I'm in New Zealand
no raves :(

to be honest though, the idea that the UK always has big raves is a load of crap, most of our events average about 200 people, I would love to see a 700 person event that isn't raver baby or HTID etc. As I said before, we don't have a whole lot else going on at the rave so most people are crammed into the dancefloor where you don't have the space to do much else apart from jump around. If you did you'd be knocking peoples drinks out of their hands and you'd have fights breaking out all over the place.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  15:57:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
HTID's and similar events are about 1000-3000 capacity lol. One Uproar i went to was 10 000. But yeah there is absolutely no room to really do much. Just as well that i hate the main rooms and go where the real music is, as there is much less people there.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/02/19 15:58:03
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  17:37:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
HTID's and similar events are about 1000-3000 capacity lol. One Uproar i went to was 10 000. But yeah there is absolutely no room to really do much. Just as well that i hate the main rooms and go where the real music is, as there is much less people there.

Was that the capacity or the attendance. Standard club is about 500 capacity I think. normally most raves have about 200 attendance. Can't speak for bigger events because after Raver Baby I don't particularly wanna go to another esp. if they're up north. I think that was about... 800 in attendance? Not good at these things but it was so cramped. Walking anywhere took like 10 minutes just to get out to the smoking area.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  20:32:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

Was that the capacity or the attendance. Standard club is about 500 capacity I think. normally most raves have about 200 attendance. Can't speak for bigger events because after Raver Baby I don't particularly wanna go to another esp. if they're up north. I think that was about... 800 in attendance? Not good at these things but it was so cramped. Walking anywhere took like 10 minutes just to get out to the smoking area.

Capacity, i can't think the attendance is far from that either given how packed they get.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page