Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/19 :  23:34:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisbane Stomps sounds interesting. I will definetly check about this. Thanks!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
RaverOfDarkness

Hungary
57 posts
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  02:46:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaverOfDarkness's homepage  Reply with quote
I personally dance to hardcore the same way i dance to trance except faster moves. Can't quiet find the way to describe my dancing style at the moment though.

Edited by - RaverOfDarkness on 2011/02/22 02:49:39
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  03:59:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
You just jump up and down. If you're going to be a raver, you gotta get over that "looking stupid" feeling.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  13:35:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh and sometimes I dance to it like to Drum and Bass, to every second beat, but that depends on the song and the percussions :)

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  13:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Oh and sometimes I dance to it like to Drum and Bass, to every second beat, but that depends on the song and the percussions :)

Yeah i would say that's just common sense. People ask how you shuffle to Hardcore, well, people, use your brains. It dosn't have to be on EVERY beat to be in time.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  13:47:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage  Reply with quote
It's highly unlikely, or barely appropriate, should I say, that what I do when I'm at raves can even come close to being categorized as dancing.

I just flip-the-fcuk-out in a drunken frage (friendly-rage). Trance is the wrong word to describe it, but I'm engulfed by this feeling, and time seems to just disappear. I can spend hours moving at a ferocious pace. I must cover anything up to ten miles per night when I'm raving on that dance floor. Stopping only for booze re-fills (consumed entirely at the bar - you cannie rave with a drink in your hand) and piss-stops.

I hasten to add that I will be the first to admit that I must look like a total fcuking retard.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  13:53:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by m0nst3r:
In Brisbane You are able to dance like that because we never get more then like 300-500 people at an event, the biggest event we had was Darren Styles and we had 700 people attend.

usually an event in Brisbane will get no more then 200 people, so you don't have to worry about bumping into people.

But now I'm in New Zealand
no raves :(

how are you doing mate?? Heard there was a big earthquake there, are you and your friends n family safe?

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  13:55:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
It's highly unlikely, or barely appropriate, should I say, that what I do when I'm at raves can even come close to being categorized as dancing.

I just flip-the-fcuk-out in a drunken frage (friendly-rage). Trance is the wrong word to describe it, but I'm engulfed by this feeling, and time seems to just disappear. I can spend hours moving at a ferocious pace. I must cover anything up to ten miles per night when I'm raving on that dance floor. Stopping only for booze re-fills (consumed entirely at the bar - you cannie rave with a drink in your hand) and piss-stops.

I hasten to add that I will be the first to admit that I must look like a total fcuking retard.

Yes this is the English way :P No room for pretentiousness here lol.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  21:58:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

Man, I thought all the English people wore tophats and monocles to raves.... Actually there's an idea for a themed rave!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/22 :  23:16:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:
quote:
quote:

Man, I thought all the English people wore tophats and monocles to raves.... Actually there's an idea for a themed rave!

I truly wish they did.

Fluffbomb

United Kingdom
257 posts
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  12:36:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fluffbomb's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
You're not meant to do a set dance! It's a rave not a disco!!

GO MENTAL

Absolutely. Choreographed dance moves are for dance classes and pretentious music events. Raves are for raving.

This! Do whatever you feel like but just make sure its in time with tempo and remember the breakdowns are for getting your breath back.

I remember in the mid-90's there at House nights there used to be guys hardly dancing who would suddenly break into short choreographed routines that had no relationship to the tempo of the music. Always thought they were idiots there to show off rather than enjoy themselves.

I was at a club a couple of months ago and there was some guy dancing like a nutcase during the breakdown. At least he looked like he was enjoying himself.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  14:27:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I find it odd that anyone can dance during a breakdown (unless there is some kind of beat), there is nothing to dance to! Unless of course you are so wasted that you think there is.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  19:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffbomb:
I remember in the mid-90's there at House nights there used to be guys hardly dancing who would suddenly break into short choreographed routines that had no relationship to the tempo of the music. Always thought they were idiots there to show off rather than enjoy themselves.

When I served my military service, I was stationed at a hicktown in the middle of nowhere. The only club in town played all popular genres all over the place. The local youth had a dancing style, they used for every song. All the soldiers were making fun of them looking so ridiculous.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Edited by - Warnman on 2011/02/23 19:45:03
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/02/23 :  20:54:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I find it odd that anyone can dance during a breakdown (unless there is some kind of beat), there is nothing to dance to! Unless of course you are so wasted that you think there is.

haha about a year ago I was at a rave in london and this dude in his...late 30s /early 40s had a short gingerish beard was topless and wearing these shorts with torn bottoms and a leather gardeners hat (bald underneath)...basically he had this 'theme' going through the night that he was insane and all of his dance moves involved him going MENTAL and freaking out like a madman to such an extent that some of the more 'fashionable' girl dancers were thoroughly put off and moved away in a disgusted way (which was hilarious to watch). I thought this was brilliant and danced alongside him for hours, moving out of the way when he would clutch his head and swing his entire upper body around in random directions like a lunatic, occasionally looking up to the lasers and letting out a loud howling noise.

Security kept checking on him and people were constantly asking him if he was alright but I saw him taking perfectly normal water breaks so I don't think he was on any particularly out-of-the-ordinary drugs but it was great to be taking hits from these NOS balloons they were doing and to see this guy going mental...love moments like that!

DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/07/12 :  00:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage  Reply with quote
why you don't try to dance with a gun like this?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page