Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New Hardcore Heaven CD - tracklist
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2011/07/31 :  20:49:38  Show profile Send a private message
Hardcore Heaven Summer Madness 3CD - released 29th August

Disc 1

Dougal & Gammer - Monster
Dougal & Gammer - Trust In Me
Darren Styles & Gammer - You & I
Dougal & Gammer - Orbit
Dougal & Gammer ft. Niki Mak - Back Home
Gammer & Whizzkid - Jump
Dougal, Gammer & JB-C ft. Jenna - Show Me The Way
Gammer & Klubfiller - Future Fuzz
Dougal, Gammer & JB-C ft. Jerome - No Way Back
Dougal & Gammer ft. Jerome - There For You
Gammer & JB-C - Bigger and Bolder
Dougal & Gammer - Your One
Dougal & Gammer ft. Jenna - All The Tears I've Cried (JB-C Remix)
Chris Fear vs Ajay - Catch The Light
Drumsound and Bassline Smith - Close (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
Andy Whitby & Klubfiller - Blam
Gammer & Cally Gage - Breakneck Bastard
Dougal & Gammer vs Klubfiller - Do What You Wanna Do
Chris Fear - Cameras Ready
Dougal & Gammer - Lifting Me Higher (Back to 97 Mix)

Disc 2

Sureal - You Take My Breath Away (Sy & Unknown Remix)
Sy & Unknown ft. Lou Lou - Love Can't Wait
Dance Assassins - Sail Away (Darren Styles Remix)
Sy & Re-Con - Meatfeast
Sy & Joey Riot - F*cking Sh*t Music
Sy & Unknown - My Forever Love
Sy & Unknown ft. Kirsten Joy - Superstar
Supreme & Mob - Cameo
Darren Styles - Burning Up
Sy & Technikore - Places Please
Sy & Unknown - The Steel Finger Part 2
Black & White - Get Ya Hands Up! (Original Mix)
Sy & Gammer - (I Think I'm Goin') Outta My Head
The Collective - Kick It (Sy & Unknown's 2011 Update)
Sy & Unknown - Psychopath 2011
Breeze & Technikore - Moments
Hixxy, Sy & Unknown - The Clit Commander 2011
Sy & Al Storm - Do You Love Your Hardcore? (Hardcore Heaven VIP Mix)
Al Storm vs Hardfroze - Don't Go Breakin My Heart (Mike Modulate Remix)
Chris Unknown & Re-Con - Ganja Man
Sy & Unknown - Pictures Of You
Brisk & Ham - Get On The Floor

Disc 3

Kurt ft. Sara - Sit & Wait (Exclusive Album Mix)
Gammer & Whizzkid - We Are The Vampires (Joey Riot Remix)
Q-Tex - Like An Angel (Kurt Remix)
Joey Riot & Seduction ft. James Warren - Time To Move On
Kurt & Boyle - Electro Stomp
Sy & Joey Riot - Wa-Ja-Mi-Call-It
Ricky Skull Crusher - Kinky Slinky
Raw Theory - Solarise
Joey Riot & Technikore - Broken
Al Storm - Werewolf (Joey Riot Remix)
Scott Brown - Don't You Worry (Joey Riot & Kurt Remix)
Prospect & Pinnacle - Zombie Nightclub
Joey Riot - You'll Never Know (HH Anthem 2011)
Himbo & Enemy - Everywhere I Turn (Kurt Remix)
Kurt & Marc Smith - Throw Ya Hands Up
Darren Styles & Re-Con - Like A Bitch (Joey Riot & Kurt Remix)
Kurt ft. Sara - Bang Banger (Exclusive Album Mix)
Endymion & The Viper - Smash
Destructive Tendencies - Smack My Pitch Up
Endymion & Nosferatu - Drunk With A Gun (Evil Activities Remix)
Kurt & Joey Riot - Rock Ya Hardcore (Kurt & Joey Riot 2011 Remix)
Gammer & Joey Riot - This Is The Reckoning

Alert moderator
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2011/07/31 :  20:50:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/2934/2201/-/21957879/Hardcore-Heaven-Summer-Madness/Product.html?searchtype=genre#

Alert moderator Go to top of page
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2011/07/31 :  21:09:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
This is pretty much 3 showcase mixes.

Doesnt look like its worth a penny in my eyes... Showcase mixes are released all the time. Most of the Disc 1 tunes are on the Kool radio show did Gammer did the other week I think. Thats available on his Soundcloud page...

In this case I pay respect to people like Spit who release their showcase mixes free ;)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2011/07/31 :  23:41:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
This is pretty much 3 showcase mixes.

Doesnt look like its worth a penny in my eyes... Showcase mixes are released all the time. Most of the Disc 1 tunes are on the Kool radio show did Gammer did the other week I think. Thats available on his Soundcloud page...

In this case I pay respect to people like Spit who release their showcase mixes free ;)

yep! they've gone down the I'll play my tracks and remixes route! (which we get now on CD packs anyway)

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2011/08/01 :  02:11:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
Those tracklists seriously are pathetic. They're really rinsing this for every penny they can aren't they?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/08/01 :  03:09:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
there's nothing wrong with showcases mixes if done properly. Hardcore 2010 and Euphoria Hardcore come to mind. and also for awhile all of Scott Brown's cds on Bonkers, as well as other CDs from various volumes, have all been a sort of showcase mix. Can't really hate on many of these I've mentioned as they were done well imo. I will say that this isn't looking all that great mainly b/c a lot of what's being produced by these six aren't to my liking much lately.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2011/08/01 03:17:16
JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/08/01 :  06:15:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Looks good to me, I'll be buying it. Plenty of stuff on there that I've not heard.

Gammer's been talking a lot lately about how much he's enjoyed producing the vocal anthemy stuff. Looking at those track titles on the Dougal & Gammer CD, a lot of them look like soppy vocal stuff. My favourite kind of Hardcore.

So, despite all you slags having a whinge, I am really rather looking forward to this.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/08/01 :  15:47:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
I have to agree with Latin and Jay, looking forward to this

Showcase mixes can be good since most of the songs are produced by the same people they just fit together better, but at the same time that can make it a little boring

It's just awesome to have a hardcore album coming out on legit CD
any hardcore album! its a rare thing these days

and I also heard what gammer said about going back to the "old style" pree ****ing excited, that guy shouldnt be wasting his talent on simple bassline shit

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/08/01 :  16:45:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
that guy shouldnt be wasting his talent on simple bassline shit

Although it's obviously producer preference and all that shit, but I totally agree. Him and Dougal (whether it's him more than Dougal or whatever) make the most amazingly uplifting vocal stuff it's unbelievable. If you go on trackitdown.net or something and look through the Essential Platinum back catolgue, it's literally amazing how many amazing vocal tunes they've made.

Undoubtedly it gets boring making that stuff all the time, but that's what Hardcore is to me. I totally understand that he wants to go out and make minimal-core, but I know for a fact that soppy vocal crap is where his heart is, and that tracklist proves it to me.

I'm really pissed, so I can't be held responsible for anything I've just said.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/08/01 :  17:00:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Aaaaaand no Mc'ing like on True Hardcore, so I'm actually pretty excited about this release; just not liking the fact that male vocals are becoming more dominant.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2011/08/01 17:01:47
redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2011/08/02 :  18:03:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage
I look at this album tracklist and its nothing that I didnt expect from these 6 DJs, I can see alot of it being disappointing.

I wont be buying it, in fact HU is probably the only hardcore album I will bother with. This is the type of album that makes me tired and bored of hardcore and why Im losing any passion for it. Totally self-indulgent tracklists, tracks by themselves released on labels owned by themselves to ensure they get 100% of the money. Hardcore is definitely becoming like a money grabbing exercise, its like they thought 'This could be our only chance to mix an album with the way the scene is going, lets pack it with out own stuff and pull them advances, publishing and royalty cheques in!'

I can imagine the CD advert now... :(

On a sidenote...with Unknown doing this, Sharkey quitting, Hixxy, Styles and Breeze doing CXH and Recon & Squad-E doing HTID, it makes any chance of a new Bonkers coming out soon look very bleak. All the 'top tier' DJs are tied up with other albums and HU5 is using alot of the 'new' or 'fresh' talent.

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Edited by - redwingz on 2011/08/02 18:06:55
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  01:56:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I think it looks good, these are not really compliation albums they are artist albums, just have to deal with it if you don't like it. I'm always up for new tunes from these guys.

Thumpa does okay on his CD's, Hardcore Addiction does okay as well, these are nearly 100% opposite, being all tracks are from different artists nearly.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  05:13:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
I wont be buying it, in fact HU is probably the only hardcore album I will bother with. This is the type of album that makes me tired and bored of hardcore and why Im losing any passion for it. Totally self-indulgent tracklists, tracks by themselves released on labels owned by themselves to ensure they get 100% of the money. Hardcore is definitely becoming like a money grabbing exercise, its like they thought 'This could be our only chance to mix an album with the way the scene is going, lets pack it with out own stuff and pull them advances, publishing and royalty cheques in!'

I appreciate what you're saying Craig, but if it was you in their position, would you really do it any different? You've been asked to do a mix for this album. You've been asked for a reason. That reason is because the people behind the album want to bring your sound/style/selection to one mix on the album. Despite your popularity within the scene, you're barely making any money. So, you wouldn't take the opportunity to saturate your mix on the album with material from you as artists, and other artists on your label?

I don't want to get into this "Hardcore's a business, and when there's very little money to go around anyway..." discussion. Everyone's read more than enough posts about it. And besides, you run a label and probably know, substantially, more about it all than me. But I don't understand this bizarre attitude towards the more successful artists, where they are expected to just step aside and let others get involved, or actively encourage and promote their own competition. No one does that when they are working their way up at the beginning - then, it's all self promotion, self promotion. But now someone suddenly becomes successful - they're seen as some kind of inconsiderate, money grabbing wanker for looking out for themselves and pushing their own material. Fine - in the form of a tracklist like this, it does look self indulgent, as you say, but that is only a bad thing if the tunes turn out to be shit.

I haven't heard something like 80% of that tracklist, maybe even more - so I'm not going to come out and say it looks terrible. Equally, I can't say it looks amazing either. I'll have to buy it and listen. Am I pissed off these are essentially showcase mixes? Not especially, no. There hasn't been a Dougal & Gammer mix/CD for a long while, some of Sy & Technikore's collabs have been enjoyable, and I've always liked the Quosh sound in general. Despite some remixes I reckon are unnecessary, the Lethal Theory mix will be a decent change of pace.

If this CD was the only, or one of two albums, coming out this year - would I be pissed off at the lack of variation, artist-wise? Yes. I would. But there is so much stuff available these days it's unreal. It's no wonder people are jumping at the chance to push their own stuff, with so much else out there. There's a 3CD Lethal Theory album on the way, there's HU5, there's HTID 4 (probably), the usual Clubland X-Treme at Christmas, Trackmaster Music have got a label album coming out, NSR yourselves released an album earlier this year - same goes for Thumpa with Die Another Day.

I think there's just such a massive selection of tunage out there, and I find it difficult to get pissed off, and be dismissive, about the tracklisting on one album.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  05:15:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
that guy shouldnt be wasting his talent on simple bassline shit

Although it's obviously producer preference and all that shit, but I totally agree. Him and Dougal (whether it's him more than Dougal or whatever) make the most amazingly uplifting vocal stuff it's unbelievable. If you go on trackitdown.net or something and look through the Essential Platinum back catolgue, it's literally amazing how many amazing vocal tunes they've made.

Undoubtedly it gets boring making that stuff all the time, but that's what Hardcore is to me. I totally understand that he wants to go out and make minimal-core, but I know for a fact that soppy vocal crap is where his heart is, and that tracklist proves it to me.

I'm really pissed, so I can't be held responsible for anything I've just said.

I agree that it would prolly get boring after awhile, and even in sets the odd bassline drop is a nice change, but its become to common and overdone now, and its just nowhere nearly as good as "proper" hardcore

dont worry I was pissed when I wrote my post too :P

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  09:41:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Sadly i agree. These are 3 pretty strong pairings and i for one have no problem listening to (or buying) an album mixed by them. This is nowhere near the first album of it's kind and i doubt it'll be the last. Yes, the apparent lack of variety is a concern but if it's good it's good - whoever features on it. To be honest, i'm just glad there are still CD's being released because in many respects the scene is on it's arse so any project like this is a big gamble. One final point - I wonder how many people would criticise HU5 if it turned out to be the same? That's right, not many!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/08/03 :  12:18:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Sadly i agree. These are 3 pretty strong pairings and i for one have no problem listening to (or buying) an album mixed by them. This is nowhere near the first album of it's kind and i doubt it'll be the last. Yes, the apparent lack of variety is a concern but if it's good it's good - whoever features on it. To be honest, i'm just glad there are still CD's being released because in many respects the scene is on it's arse so any project like this is a big gamble. One final point - I wonder how many people would criticise HU5 if it turned out to be the same? That's right, not many!

i'd say HU2010 was somewhat of a showcase mix, and ppl did complain about it. I agree that there isn't that much variety in the CDs, but in this financial market and with so many ppl not buying CDs anymore b/c of the financial market and/or pirating music, you have to cut corners somewhere in order to give a better chance of gaining a profit.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page