Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore underground live at rehab
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/02/25 :  20:57:47  Show profile Send a private message
So they've started taking pre-orders for this in a bundle format, but the bundle is a ticket for the event and the cd, but I obviously won't be attending the event, but I want the cd! will the cd be released later in another bundle with another cd or even released by itself?

Cdjay?

Alert moderator
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/02/25 :  21:01:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
I guarantee there will be a bundle closer to the event, there's probably going to be another bundle or two released before "live" pre orders start for anyone not attending the event

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - AceofSpades_Lorenzo on 2014/02/25 21:05:22
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/02/25 :  21:13:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Yeh thought there would be, but obviously wasn't sure, thanks! think I can wait then till the other bundle comes out, since the cd isn't out till june

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  13:01:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

I've always wanted to go to rehab!

Keeeeeeeewell.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  13:52:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Surely only a matter of time

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  14:13:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Does anyone know if the CD's will have the MC's and crowd noise on them then? Just like an official CD pack project? Or will it just be a recording of the music itself? Doesn't seem to say anywhere.

I'm sure they will sell the CD by itself nearer (or at the very least after) release.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  15:05:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
We will be going into more detail as time goes on but I'll tease a few bits now

First off: Craigavon raver.... you *might* go! It's going to be life-affirming stuff. Midlands, easy to access, and we're moving mountains in order to make attending a viable option for those further afield. The location, proximity to airports, nearby accommodation etc all factored in from the off.

The CD will *absolutely* be available separately. Whilst we're really, really keen on incentivising a truly international base of interested types to attend there will be those who fundamentally cannot attend for a variety of reasons. This is being done very much like a "normal" HU album, in terms of compiling, mastering and prep. The notable difference is, of course, that this will be mixed live in front of an audience whereas previous volumes were done in sequencers or from CDJs. Which leads us to....

The CDs will have "hosts" and crowd noise. "This is just like a CD pack!" I hear cried? Thankfully no, not really. This is intended as a fusion of the better aspects of each into something relatively unique in genre. Each aspect will be captured as a separate stem; the "mix" will be kept in the digital domain through the mixer whilst the host will run through a decent A/D before being captured "raw". Same for crowd noise. These parts will be later brought together as fastidiously as one would hope for the final mastered album mixes.

Another difference is that as these mixes will be compiled, structured and planned over the next few months is the opportunity for the hosts to be more involved in the process. The last thing we want is a "typical" MC set, and I'm entirely aware some people would rather there were no MCs over the music at all. Albums usually give the opportunity for DJ/Producers to showcase their craft and this is an effort to afford the same to MCs who want to do something new and involved. It's safe to say that compared to the norm these will be pared back performances, but hopefully all the better for it. The current plan is to have 2 mixes with sparse and tightly integrated hosting and 2 mixes with a more standard feel.

Even if none of that convinces you, I'm sure you've seen us allude to the intention to "bridge" the CD vs Digital album divide. This is a perfect opportunity. By purchasing the CD album we intend to supply digital "rights" on our store to grab a version with just the mix. This will only be available with the purchase of the physical product.

The dream is to capture the quality of a studio album, with the magic and energy of a live performance. It's certainly unproven. We'll go the extra mile to shore up the odds

The venue is awesome, and the plans we have for it are similarly awesome. What's really needed is a truly engaged crowd and that, you superior specimens, is where you come in! I'm excited. Scared, granted, but excited. It feels very HU1-ey in terms of aspiration and operating outside our comfort zone.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/02/26 15:44:22
don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  15:46:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

.... tell me about it ...

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  18:20:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We will be going into more detail as time goes on but I'll tease a few bits now

First off: Craigavon raver.... you *might* go! It's going to be life-affirming stuff. Midlands, easy to access, and we're moving mountains in order to make attending a viable option for those further afield. The location, proximity to airports, nearby accommodation etc all factored in from the off.

The CD will *absolutely* be available separately. Whilst we're really, really keen on incentivising a truly international base of interested types to attend there will be those who fundamentally cannot attend for a variety of reasons. This is being done very much like a "normal" HU album, in terms of compiling, mastering and prep. The notable difference is, of course, that this will be mixed live in front of an audience whereas previous volumes were done in sequencers or from CDJs. Which leads us to....

The CDs will have "hosts" and crowd noise. "This is just like a CD pack!" I hear cried? Thankfully no, not really. This is intended as a fusion of the better aspects of each into something relatively unique in genre. Each aspect will be captured as a separate stem; the "mix" will be kept in the digital domain through the mixer whilst the host will run through a decent A/D before being captured "raw". Same for crowd noise. These parts will be later brought together as fastidiously as one would hope for the final mastered album mixes.

Another difference is that as these mixes will be compiled, structured and planned over the next few months is the opportunity for the hosts to be more involved in the process. The last thing we want is a "typical" MC set, and I'm entirely aware some people would rather there were no MCs over the music at all. Albums usually give the opportunity for DJ/Producers to showcase their craft and this is an effort to afford the same to MCs who want to do something new and involved. It's safe to say that compared to the norm these will be pared back performances, but hopefully all the better for it. The current plan is to have 2 mixes with sparse and tightly integrated hosting and 2 mixes with a more standard feel.

Even if none of that convinces you, I'm sure you've seen us allude to the intention to "bridge" the CD vs Digital album divide. This is a perfect opportunity. By purchasing the CD album we intend to supply digital "rights" on our store to grab a version with just the mix. This will only be available with the purchase of the physical product.

The dream is to capture the quality of a studio album, with the magic and energy of a live performance. It's certainly unproven. We'll go the extra mile to shore up the odds

The venue is awesome, and the plans we have for it are similarly awesome. What's really needed is a truly engaged crowd and that, you superior specimens, is where you come in! I'm excited. Scared, granted, but excited. It feels very HU1-ey in terms of aspiration and operating outside our comfort zone.

CDJay

Damn you Jon!!!

You're making it really hard to say no to you!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  18:49:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Massively impressive line up!

DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  18:50:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage

Here is the full line-up for our event on MAY 30TH in Coventry. The next Hardcore Underground compilation CD will comprise of the four featured sets you can see highlighted on the flyer. Lots of exclusive music, multi-track recording of the hosts, the music, and the crowd, all within the digital domain will mean that the final album is far more than just a glorified CD pack.

We have also pulled out all the stops to insure that the rest of the line-up comprises of as many Hardcore heavyweights as possible, both past and present. Sound, production and visuals will also all surpass anything you have seen at any previous HU event.

Add yourself to the event page here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/673806359329553

Pre-order the album AND an early bird ticket (limited numbers) exclusively from our store now. General ticket sales begin this Friday.
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/19

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  18:58:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Probably worth mentioning that this is the Happy Hardcore Underground launch party, too.

CDJay

AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  19:41:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
All i have to say about the lineup

Fracus & Darwin vs Entity w/Reese :o

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  19:44:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Darren Styles at an HU event? Never thought I'd ever see that! But fuck the 2 worst MCs on his set lol oh god. Now is Klubfiller playing a UK hardcore anthems set, or anthems from his own personal collection???

Loving the HU Anthems set from Chris Ross and Torpex!

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/02/26 19:47:25
Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  20:08:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage
Super chuffed to be a part of this! :D

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  20:20:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Darren Styles at an HU event? Never thought I'd ever see that!

why not?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page