Total online 1510
 Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 PPF 2014-FREE Unmixed/Mixed Members Album OUT NOW!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/05/15 :  04:10:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/05/15 04:13:23
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/05/15 :  04:12:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
The best advice to producers who couldn't make it onto PPF this time is to network with each other. Chat on Skype, swap projects, work together to learn from each other and keep producing stuff. In time you'll improve.

When I first started producing, I was hopeless, and countless times I had tracks turned down from the first PPF (and the one that eventually did make it should have been refused too!). That year turned out to be the year I learnt the most about producing - helped by seeing what other people did and trying it for myself.

I might post the Ventress project file up on my Facebook so everyone can have an idea of how I produced it. Perhaps some people can learn, and maybe I could receive a few words of guidance of my own!

Yes, like I mentioned in the previews thread a few weeks ago, please dont be too disheartened if your track didn't make the album this time round.

I had one hell of a job on my hands selecting tracks which I felt best represented the album & the ideas I was trying to create. I tried my best to find a balance between pushing up & comers & established, professional artists. This meant that not only was I looking for fresh & creative ideas but also a decent standard of production with real potential to go to Jon for mastering.

Like Olly said, network between yourselves & research on how you can improve in time for next years album (as will I having pulled a couple of my own submissions!). Its all about learning & progressing & I want people to take something from the project, even if they didn't have a track selected.

I probably should have went into greater detail on this before now but there were a lot of real original ideas throughout the submissions & it was hard to leave some out, believe me.

If your track didn't make the album then feel free to post it up & I, aswell as others, will be more than happy to offer some feedback, good & bad. Or if you'd rather pm then that's all good.

Please keep at it & I look forward to hearing how everyone is getting on come PPF 2015 :)

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/05/15 04:43:42
Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/05/15 :  06:48:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey, this looks good. On the d/l!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  12:03:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Not much in the way of feedback yet, although releasing alongside the new Fracus & Darwin album was always going to be tuff! Haha

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  12:52:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Feedback shall materialize once a good listen is given! :)

Also, horrible download speeds. Can we get this as a *******? I'll seed for a bit, as I'm sure will a few other people here.

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  12:56:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Of course I meant to say T to the O to the double R to the E to the N to the T!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/05/16 :  14:55:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Feedback shall materialize once a good listen is given! :)

Also, horrible download speeds. Can we get this as a *******? I'll seed for a bit, as I'm sure will a few other people here.

Just use a resumable download manager. I could provide a t?rrent, but I don't ever seed, and I dont really plan to.

As long as the download doesnt end prematurely, I dont see problem

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2014/05/17 :  21:13:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage  Reply with quote
what about plans for a physical copy? xx

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/05/18 :  07:50:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:

Good call Allison, I'll start looking into pricing it up & get back to you all with more info asap..

Anyone who would like to put there name forward for a physical copy of the album please send me a PM & it'll help give me an idea of numbers.

Obviously no profits will be made, once I get an idea of how many people are interested I'll be able to price it better & then all everyone will be paying for is the flat manufacturing fee, which I'm hoping will be pretty reasonable if there's enough interest.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/05/18 11:33:59
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/05/18 :  08:25:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
wow, waves finally!

*starts up winamp to listen to... 2013?*

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/05/18 :  16:09:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

Obviously no profits will be made, once I get an idea of how many people are interested I'll be able to price it better & then all everyone will be paying for is the flat manufacturing fee, which I'm hoping will be pretty reasonable if there's enough interest.[/b]

You'll want to consider shipping costs. ?1.10 2nd within UK. ?3.50 for Europe & Russia, ?4.50 for worldwide, and I think it's ?4.70 to Australia.

The pound symbol doesnt work.. this site amazes me sometimes xD

Edited by - Elipton on 2014/05/18 16:09:53
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/05/18 :  19:43:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

Obviously no profits will be made, once I get an idea of how many people are interested I'll be able to price it better & then all everyone will be paying for is the flat manufacturing fee, which I'm hoping will be pretty reasonable if there's enough interest.[/b]

You'll want to consider shipping costs. ?1.10 2nd within UK. ?3.50 for Europe & Russia, ?4.50 for worldwide, and I think it's ?4.70 to Australia.

The pound symbol doesnt work.. this site amazes me sometimes xD

Definitely, i'll price up delivery when i'm next in town, but yeah obviously P&P would have to be covered also.

I'll get back to you all soon with accurate info but if you think you would be interested in owning a physical copy just PM me & let me know, at least that way i'll have a better idea of numbers when searching for price quotes.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/05/18 :  22:39:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
Downloaded and loving it, Cant believe its all free ;-)

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/05/19 :  04:21:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage  Reply with quote
After a busy few weeks of exams and work I finally gave the album a listen and I am seriously loving it. A lot of fantastic tunes on there. Great job everyone :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/05/19 :  06:14:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Cheers guys, glad your enjoying it :)

11 days since release & we've hit 800+ downloads, massive thanks to everyone for your support & helping push the album :)

Please continue to promote it wherever you can & we'll try & reach out to as many people as possible...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page