Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/07/27 :  13:02:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
At raves I'm not bothered about MC's. On live recordings now i only like specific ones. But on studio mixes i think it is completely pointless and doesn't sound right.

I barely notice them at raves, actually. That said, I've started to appreciate Obie the more I see him. Great MC.

Obie is superb! Respects the music and shuts up exactly when he should!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/07/27 :  15:15:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
the whole "we don't like Storm" thing is well boring now *yawns*

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/07/27 :  19:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
At raves I'm not bothered about MC's. On live recordings now i only like specific ones. But on studio mixes i think it is completely pointless and doesn't sound right.

I barely notice them at raves, actually. That said, I've started to appreciate Obie the more I see him. Great MC.

Nor me. You can't really hear them over the music.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/08/07 :  15:08:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
What the scene needs is better MCs or no MCs. I can't think of a single hardcore MC who could even get on the lineup at a respectable dnb event. I'm clearly not averse to MCing as a concept because I listen to Shotta's mixtapes for fun but he's got flow that no-one in the hardcore scene could ever hope to touch. Does anyone in hardcore even spit double time?

The state of MCing in hardcore makes our scene look even more tragic than it is. I listen to live sets with MCs and I just cringe. Nobody sober and over the age of 5 is going to be impressed by that shit.

quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
the whole "we don't like Storm" thing is well boring now *yawns*

Be that as it may, we still don't like Storm.

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/08/07 15:12:51
MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/08/07 :  15:40:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage  Reply with quote
There are probably more examples of double timing in hardcore that I can't think of off the top of my head right now but for me MC Enemy is brilliant at it, quality MC, Korkie is pretty bloody good as well.

fafaforza
Starting Member

United States
6 posts
Posted - 2015/08/07 :  23:18:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fafaforza's homepage  Reply with quote
I used to dislike MCs when I first got into HHC, but I understand that they play a function. You can still enjoy the track because, come on, you've heard the track eight thousand times. You can set an MC's voice aside and hear the track/vocals.

As far as Storm, he does bring crazy amounts of energy and without him the scene would look much less exciting. I don't know what he does behind the scenes to rub people the wrong way. The only possible negative I've heard was the whole Sy thing, but the bottom line is that he pumps the crowd up like no one else and he always makes time to talk to everyone, shake their hands and pose for pics after a show.

And as far as MC's growing big heads, well, go achieve any sort of status anywhere, be it in MC'ing or at your job, and see if you don't become a bit cocky. That's a fact of life. It's human psychology. No one who controls the adulation of a few hundred people at a time will stay completely humble, no matter what they'd try to convince of.

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2015/08/10 :  14:42:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
MC Ribbs is still the best MC ...and he barely says anything, just sounds cool when he says something and dosent waffle shit at 100 miles an hour. sometimes less is more

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page