Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/07/31 :  17:47:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
The scene is dead without HU plain and simple.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/07/31 :  17:55:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
CD'S rule. the aspect of a physical copy is just pleasing; not to mention a CD is permanent high quality streaming; that is priceless over digital any day

also; when the next carrington event sized solar flare hits and the electronic apocalypse occurs; we are REALLY going to want cds ;)

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/07/31 17:57:15
versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2015/07/31 :  21:30:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
There are some freeform labels that don't have a problem shifting 250-500 copies of their CDs (Rebuild, Stamina, Smiling Corpse etc.), the model seems to be working well in that community, so I don't see how HU should have a problem shifting 1000 with bigger names like Scott Brown and Al Storm etc. They even have Shimumura this year which will get the Japanese crowd on side too. I've often thought HU should include a J-Core CD for variety purposes but I guess I'm in the minority in that thought. The Shimumura CD is a step in the right direction though IMO.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2015/07/31 :  23:24:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
CDJay, I have your solution.

Scrap the artwork, add a woman in a bikini.

Sorted.

You're welcome ;)

But seriously, I thought way more than 750 people would attend just one HU rave, so I'm surprised that obviously not everyone wants to own a copy of the music they've most likely just heard (?). I like your Amazon-ish idea of digital downloads tied in to the CDs, I'm too lazy to rip my music and add the correct tags etc.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  04:22:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
In the near-future we're going to tie digital rights to CD purchases, which means that people don't have to wait for CDs to arrive but still ultimately get it for the collection.

That's good.

quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:

Sorted.

They should just fcuking do it as an experiment. Seriously. Call it Hardcore Underground Exposed or something. Slap a saucy tart across the front.

Could to a Beat Bukkake version (this is a phrase I've really been pushing for a few years, but it's not getting any traction). The cover could feature a bird down here knees with a load of glowsticks slapping her about the face.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  05:01:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
In the near-future we're going to tie digital rights to CD purchases, which means that people don't have to wait for CDs to arrive but still ultimately get it for the collection.

That's good.

quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:

Sorted.

They should just fcuking do it as an experiment. Seriously. Call it Hardcore Underground Exposed or something. Slap a saucy tart across the front.

Could to a Beat Bukkake version (this is a phrase I've really been pushing for a few years, but it's not getting any traction). The cover could feature a bird down here knees with a load of glowsticks slapping her about the face.

You can always organize your own event and call it just that! Hardcore Highlights presents... BEAT BUKKAKE!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  05:32:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Beat Bukkake has been on almost every list that I've made when I've been thinking about potential names for a rave that I will one day put on.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  07:05:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Anyone else experiencing deja vu here?.....

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  07:12:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

With regards to?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  07:49:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

With regards to?

my guess is bukkakes?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  08:06:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

With regards to?

my guess is bukkakes?

And the event ;-)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  10:39:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
And the event ;-)

It'll happen one day mate, in some form or other. There's still time.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  11:09:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes mate, hopefully my grandkids will be able to go then tell me about it when they visit my grave.

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  17:21:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
@CDJay I'm just gonna throw in an idea on the digital release. I like the idea of linking digital rights to the purchase of the actual medium. How about giving people who purchase the CD the option to either get the digital version right away or get a voucher code for 3 (or whatever makes sense) free tracks from the HU store? That might make people use the store and buy more single tracks in the future.

I personally don't have any CD drive but I want that album and even more importantly I want to support you so we will see more great compilations in the future. I get your point that pure digital releases don't sell well but I am sure that you're losing customers by not offering any kind of digital release.

Edited by - Jacco on 2015/08/01 17:22:26
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2015/08/01 :  17:35:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
@CDJay I'm just gonna throw in an idea on the digital release. I like the idea of linking digital rights to the purchase of the actual medium. How about giving people who purchase the CD the option to either get the digital version right away or get a voucher code for 3 (or whatever makes sense) free tracks from the HU store? That might make people use the store and buy more single tracks in the future.

I personally don't have any CD drive but I want that album and even more importantly I want to support you so we will see more great compilations in the future. I get your point that pure digital releases don't sell well but I am sure that you're losing customers by not offering any kind of digital release.

CDJay - hows about a batch of HU USBs again, this time with the album in digital form? You still get something to own, people with no CD Drives on their computers (like me!) are sorted :)

BTW - I take my discs to work and rip them there.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page