Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/31 :  08:00:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I haven't decided whether i'm getting it or not based upon having bought all the tracks i like (that are avaliable, some are still not ) and while its not HUs fault, it means that there's one track from HU6 i still have on my ipod after the rest have all been bought in full which makes me wonder if its worth the purchase. An odd thing i guess with compilations is how sometimes i think i'd rather not know a song exists if i can't buy the full version ever.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/31 :  08:52:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Which track, out of interest?

CDJay

piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2015/08/31 :  09:16:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
Received my hu order this morning, very good way to start the week! Listening to Fracus & Darwin mix now while working and I'm enjoying it very much so far!

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Has anyone managed to successfully get the tracks tagged automatically whilst ripping the CD yet? If so, how?

I had no problems ripping it with foobar2000 player :)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/31 :  15:06:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Which track, out of interest?

CDJay

Still missing archelix - say goodbye from HU6 and a full version of haunted I never found. There's also goodbye and how long from klubfillers disk on hu13 that I'm still hoping will turn up.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/31 :  15:20:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I will sort something with Say Goodbye, and Haunted is on Dark Shadows 2.

Now go buy hu7/pledge for blu-ray

CDJay

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/09/06 :  19:27:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Got my copy!

Maybe it's just because being here in the States, there just isn't that much Hardcore to begin with (at least here in the South), but I don't see the resemblance to Bonkers 8 (I also wasn't partying in that era, so that may have something to do with it too).

Overall, the album is worth every penny. Great job to the people at HU for compiling and mixing this album!

Pro's:
3 CDs that offer a variety of sounds
All CDs are mixed
Great snapshot of today's sound
Features some GREAT original material

Cons:
Tempo...Are the days of 180+ bpm behind us?
Cheese...Where's the happier side gone?
Sound...Some tracks sound like polished 170 bpm version of Top 40 chart hits.
Vocals...Where is Lisa Abbott? Where did all the males come from?
Track production...When are we going to move away from that umph-CHUCK-ump-CHUCK beat?

The Cons are out of HU's control as the DJs can only compile from what they're given. This is still a great addition for any collector of the series/genre, and I hope more albums continue to be pressed in the future!

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2015/09/06 19:34:19
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/09/06 :  20:44:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I just bit the bullet and bought the damned thing, i best be impressed.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/09/06 :  21:13:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Or else you'll do absolutely nothing and continue to cry and whine on here. oh dear us we best watch out!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/09/06 :  21:55:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"Cheese...Where's the happier side gone?"

Please put on the section from Teenage Kiss through the Angel in the Sky rmx again

The parallel with Bonkers 8 is that it felt like UK Hardcore was finding a groove again; sounding current without completely betraying what it is (and arguably should be).

TBH I even think Vladel will be impressed, even if it isn't 100% down the party line. It's a hopeful snapshot of a scene that can once again be great *and* distinct. Which is, given the amount of support we get and continue to get, a minor miracle

You never know when the last "proper" UK hardcore comp will be; this could be it. Or it could be a new beginning. Either way, at least it's pretty darned good

CDJay

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2015/09/07 :  02:57:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Please put on the section from Teenage Kiss through the Angel in the Sky rmx again

To be honest, my top fav track was True by Ganar. The lyrics for 'Teenage Kiss' was too much for me :P But I did love Make It If We Try and Angel From The Sky! Fracus & Darwin's mix, to me, had the best overall selection, but Al Storm has Hasta Manana! Like I said, overall it's a great product!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/09/07 :  15:43:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Or else you'll do absolutely nothing and continue to cry and whine on here. oh dear us we best watch out!

You know you love it or you wouldn't comment

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/09/07 :  15:48:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:

To be honest, my top fav track was True by Ganar. The lyrics for 'Teenage Kiss' was too much for me :P But I did love Make It If We Try and Angel From The Sky! Fracus & Darwin's mix, to me, had the best overall selection, but Al Storm has Hasta Manana! Like I said, overall it's a great product!

i agree with alot of what you said.

i started with the disc i thought would be my least favorite and moved to what i thought would be favorite.
so i started with chris fear & scott brown of course ;) . mixing across the board is solid so judging the tracks in the mixes and overall flow; this one was my least favorite. not a fan of any big room sounds at all; or even the powerstomp/ hardstyle stop & go sound is not to my liking. towards the end i also thought scotts gabber was really slow; not that i am a big gabber fan or anything. maybe i am listening to too much frenchcore though ;p

break these records is AMAZING though and prob my favorite track across all discs. high powered BLISS. F & D just kill it.

then went to al storm & shimamura. good mix :D. i think what freeform/ j core/ breaks is there mixes great into a great "compilation" mix ; and much better than the bigroom sounds thrown in the other mixes.
maybe some people actually like that and i am just really biased though. saying that; i still defo prefer purist mixes; especially when we have 3 or more discs to showcase.
i really like mr hoover; make it if we try; angel from the sky; hasta manana .

if i had any complaints it would be less MOB and more J core artists ; D... and better j core songs; i have multiple bangers from hommarju and noriken that blow those tracks away! maybe they not producing great stuff right now?

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZDM9FKre5A
"finding you" off the magic chord cd was a banger too....

fracus & darwin mix would prob be my favorite. i think it is the mix that flows the best between some different styles; and for me has the most high power tracks. fkn love f & d.
dynamite;true;starface; futureshock remix. remix of lemonade raygun is sickkkk too; really love their freeform sound. ( the guy talking about being dead in the song is from the movie jacobs ladder i think; highly reccomended! )

but still ; could of been much better for me without bananas or that horrible titancube remix ;p
i really really dislike sounds that destroy my euphoria in the middle of a hardcore mix.... so i suppose i really do prefer purist mixes. then i know what i want is what i know i want ;)

overall; completely worth it and these mixes must be banged around at full volume until other people demand to know what the hell these sounds are!

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/09/07 16:02:48
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2015/09/07 :  19:28:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^

I was upset Bananas! was cut in the middle; I really love that track! I would rather have a mix going 180+ bpm so the whole song can be played rather than cutting parts out. But then again, I'm just happy for mixed CDs period!

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2015/09/08 03:44:26
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/09/08 :  21:50:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Quick note; I away yesterday so post is going out a day late. Weekend orders UK should hit Thursday.

CDJsy

Edited by - CDJay on 2015/09/09 10:06:29
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/09/09 :  12:40:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
RRRRRRRRRight!

CD1:
is bloody fantastic. I've not been a fan of UK hardcore for a long time, i've always found it very hit and miss; and with the *mass* amount of music that is out there it always tends to miss more than hit. This CD is the complete opposite to that rule.

Like the old bonkers I will happily pop this CD on and listen to it from start to finish. I won't harp on about production standard, because anybody who has listened to any of my tracks will know that it's not something that I dwell on - the MUSIC however is fantastic, interesting, intelligent pieces that don't sound as though they are cookie cutter clones of everything else out there. Theres about two pieces of music on it that I don't really click with and for a cd of 22 tracks that is mindblowing...mindblowing for ANY cd these days.

Only One Of Me (Hardcore Mix)
Alive (Daniel Seven Remix)
Heavyweight (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
Starface (Fracus & Darwin Remix)

yeah I'm just goijng to stop there, I would quite literally be posting practically the entire tracklist as stand out tracks.

CD2
unfair on these other CDs as i find it hard to get past CD1. CD2 strikes me as more of a fist-pumper. I think that's why I've not listened to it as much; when I listening to HU i'm usually naked, old and fat at the computer doing boring stuff like excell sheets. This CD feels like driving a fast car on the way to a rave, getting geared up to go...or even like you're in a rave. The kicks are harder, as is the music.
Easier for me to list the stand outs though which were
Stay Young
Kickin' Hard (Scott Brown Remix)
It's a great mix overall but those really stand out to me!

CD3
Definitely the most varied CD of the 3...ahhh Love You Everyday has just come on as I skip through it, Love it! Love the vibe from it. Very ravey (loud?) CD like CD2
Love nearly all the tracks on this one, but christ that "Suckin' On My Titties" one is irritating...that's nothing against riot and mob - there are some cracking tracks by them on the rest of the cd, but **** me samples like that sound chavvy and irritating. Just felt like it brought the whole tone of the album down a *few* pegs. I'm not going to go down the "PC" route, but I can't see tracks like that helping make hardcore more palatable for female...or mainstage audiences..

"suckin' on my titties like you wanted me"

Sample doesn't even make sense. You're either sucking on boobs for milk, or you've already made it....with a lady, so it's pretty obvious why you would be inhaling nipplage. So why is she surprised someone is attached to her nipples.

Sorry, not to get hung up on tits. The album is brilliant all over. If you haven't already bought it I highly recommend it.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page