Hardcore Underground 7 *FEEDBACK*
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  12:35:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage  Reply with quote
My quick review:

CD 1 Fracus & Darwin

Good mix of different styles,
stand out tracks:
Music's Hypnotising
Heavyweight
Air
Starface
The 1

I enjoyed this mix because of the variety and give a taste of what the next Fracus & Darwin artist album. No real negatives but 'Banana's' is a rather odd track.

Scott Brown & Chris Fear

Stand out tracks:
Far, Far away (one of the best on the album)
Kickin Hard
Stay Young

Probably my least favourite mix. Too many baseline style tracks for my tatse and is missing a couple of Scott Brown vocal anthems (though he has not done many of late mostly remixes).

Al Storm & DJ Shimamura

Stand out tracks:
Heartbreaker
Come Back
Junkie Vinyl
Level up
Dream Surprise
Mr Hoover
Ignite
Make it if wee try
Angel from the sky
Surrender

Al Storm delivers again, he always does such a great job on the Hardcore Underground series. Shimamura is doing some amazing things at the moment and it would have been nice if a few more tracks of his were included but there are so many great tracks in this mix, it doesn't suffer for it.

Overall a diverse cross section of current Hardcore thats well worth a purchase

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - djscavenger on 2015/08/27 12:38:27
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  16:39:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Great album. My only gripe is there isn't enough length in some of the tracks featured. Any tracks less than three minutes just isn't enough, and I think HU7 falls short in this aspect. Even on some of podcasts and mixes on Soundcloud you can actually hear MORE of the track, so you might as well just download them from there. Hopefully this feedback gets passed on to the right person :)

Edited by - whittle1 on 2015/08/27 16:40:51
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  17:18:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Great album. My only gripe is there isn't enough length in some of the tracks featured. Any tracks less than three minutes just isn't enough, and I think HU7 falls short in this aspect. Even on some of podcasts and mixes on Soundcloud you can actually hear MORE of the track, so you might as well just download them from there. Hopefully this feedback gets passed on to the right person :)

Oh this never ending argument on track length on a mix. The point of these albums is to showcase the mix in its entirety, not just individual tracks. They're also a great marketing tool for those who hear something that they want to own the full version of. You want the longer version, then wait patiently and eventually it will be released on a future album or digital download.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  17:23:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  18:36:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
Read up to page 5. Regardless of whether it's in CD or digital format, music doesn't sell.
Most of the money is in streaming and ticket sales now.

If I would be one to make a suggestion...

I've noticed barely any underground genres utilize what the rest of the music world is doing.

Those looking for exposure can connect their accounts to places like ToneDen. Whilst there's a small fee to pay after the free trial, if you put a track up for free people have to like, follow and sometimes comment or repost that track to their profile if they want to download it.
Voila, your track just got shared.

Also, monetization through streaming is where it's at. Granted, Spotify sucks and I'm actually in favour of Taylor Swift removing her discography from there. Otherwise, I have high hopes for Apple Music who are a little more generous at paying artists their revenue.

I've seen reports of monetization on SoundCloud streaming being thrown around but I'm unsure what stage that is in now, or whether it's just a rumour.

Finally, I'd like to see hardcore artists at multi-genre shows. I saw one here where DJ EZ is playing the mainstage whilst Styles and a few others are hanging somewhere else.
Instead of having hardcore only shows, why not try integrate hardcore into multi-genre events?
Maybe even the DJ's hand CD's/freebies out at the multi-genre events?

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  21:29:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Has anyone managed to successfully get the tracks tagged automatically whilst ripping the CD yet? If so, how?

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  21:35:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Oh this never ending argument on track length on a mix. The point of these albums is to showcase the mix in its entirety, not just individual tracks. They're also a great marketing tool for those who hear something that they want to own the full version of. You want the longer version, then wait patiently and eventually it will be released on a future album or digital download.

Yeah i realised that off the entire HU6 album there is only one track i still have listed on my ipod which funnily enough was one i couldn't purchase in full (ie not released anywhere).

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  21:37:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
ExactAudioCopy (EAC) should be everyones ripping tool, it takes a little bit of setup but it will handle all the tagging etc. If it can't find titles then you can copy a tracklist to your clipboard and then read it and it'll automatically set the name for each track.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

If you're interested in this stuff, it'll provide you with a detailed 'error log' etc, it's a tool for audiophiles and will therefore produce the best quality rips you can get.

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  23:18:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
http://hardcoreravenetwork.blogspot.com/2015/08/hardcore-underground-7-disc-1-fracus.html
My review on Disc 1.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/08/29 :  11:31:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Loving all 3 mixes so far on first listen.

Will return later with a better review

*SPOILER ALERT* May contain negatives ;-)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/08/29 :  15:43:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
want.... CD !! :(

** geez if they get to the eastcoast/midwest a few days ago they should be on west coast by now...god damn pony express!

Edited by - trippnface on 2015/08/29 15:44:45
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/08/29 :  18:34:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
I wasn't going to say anything on this until I had heard the whole album but I had to comment when I heard Level Up! What a tune. More tunes should be like this, balls off to the glitchy "look what I can do with my automation" and get back to what made this scene so good in the first place, unashamed fun and energy. Love it!

Edited by - Mortis on 2015/08/29 19:06:20
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2015/08/29 :  20:03:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I wasn't going to say anything on this until I had heard the whole album but I had to comment when I heard Level Up! What a tune. More tunes should be like this, balls off to the glitchy "look what I can do with my automation" and get back to what made this scene so good in the first place, unashamed fun and energy. Love it!

love it, simple, catchy does what it needs to, nothing more nothing less .. win!

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2015/08/30 :  20:01:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Haven't purchased yet, but this worries me (as it always does before purchasing). Would someone be able to post the track lengths (or point me in the right direction?)

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/08/30 :  20:56:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Track lengths can be found here: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Hardcore-Underground-7/release/7386965

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page