Page: 
of 32

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/09/25 :  20:04:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Also, anyone else see Gammers 3 minute promo video for the Bunter CD?

Bunter doesn't represent a perceived 'threat' to the top tier status though so.... yeah...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2015/09/25 :  20:23:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
As long as I get my MC-less CDs with it I don't much care about the change as we still have F&D.

Like said, Gammer will hopefully get behind this and it could get much better sales. He did mention the project on Facebook before he was involved so maybe just maybe...

Edited by - GrahamC on 2015/09/25 20:24:53
Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2015/09/25 :  20:32:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
A sad update has been emailed to everyone who has contributed to the project, and for some it's more than likely a disappointing change in plans

quote:

Firstly we must apologise for the lack of updates regarding our Blu-Ray project over the past few weeks; as will become evident we've had a few things to sort out. Unfortunately it's been confirmed to us this week that Joey Riot will sadly not be able to obtain a valid US work visa in time to perform at HTID USA as planned, and therefore cannot be filmed for our Blu-Ray. We're very disappointed by this news, as we know Joey himself to be too, however it's an unforseen situation over which we ourselves have absolutely no control. We do hope however, we hope the news we will now be filming and including Gammer & Whizzkid's set in the finished product instead will make up for this last minute change of plan. We feel they're a very worthy replacement for Joey, and we're very happy to welcome them on board. In addition to this, and in an effort to keep both MC Obie and Mayhem involved in proceedings, we will also now be including Lethal Theory's M-Project as a bonus addition to the Blu-Ray too. Those who are directly affected by Joey's absence (co-producing / specific shout-outs etc) will have been contacted prior to this news post. As is so often the case, our hand has been forced by reasons beyond our control, but we're

still highly determined, along with Fracus & Darwin, MC Enemy, Gammer & Whizzkid, M-Project, Obie & Mayhem to deliver you THE highest quality product possible and showcase not only the emerging US rave scene, but the music and culture we all love so much in THE best possible, and well-captured, light

I'm glad that they're keeping Obie and Mayhem, and I think adding M-Project to the project is a great bonus. But adding Gammer and Whizzkid I know that some people who have contributed to the project will be disappointed in that move. I know I won't like Whizzkid involved in this. I found him to be absolute shit on the HU Live album, and knowing him I don't think he'll be any different for this project. But we'll wait and see how the final product unfolds.

Completely agree with what most of what's been said. The bonus is fantastic, and musically I prefer Gammer to Joey Riot, so it's definitely a plus in my book (although I foresee that the set may feature much less upcoming material).

I can see that having Gammer on-board could be very nice promotion-wise for HU. He seems to have much more appeal to the American crowd.

Having Whizzkid is a concern for me, he's very hit-and-miss and I also didn't enjoy (most of) his contribution to the Rehab album. I have hopes that the collector's edition will provide Gammer's set MC-Free.

I'm presuming that the Powerstomp Workout will still be going ahead as that doesn't have to be recorded in the US.

Overall, I'm still genuinely excited about this project and the news hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. Still very much looking forward to seeing what can be conjured.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2015/09/25 :  20:58:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
With the 7.1 surround sound, isn't it possible to have a MC-less track to switch to so we could kinda mute Whizzkid? That would be pretty sweet :P

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  01:04:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
A sad update has been emailed to everyone who has contributed to the project, and for some it's more than likely a disappointing change in plans

quote:

Firstly we must apologise for the lack of updates regarding our Blu-Ray project over the past few weeks; as will become evident we've had a few things to sort out. Unfortunately it's been confirmed to us this week that Joey Riot will sadly not be able to obtain a valid US work visa in time to perform at HTID USA as planned, and therefore cannot be filmed for our Blu-Ray. We're very disappointed by this news, as we know Joey himself to be too, however it's an unforseen situation over which we ourselves have absolutely no control. We do hope however, we hope the news we will now be filming and including Gammer & Whizzkid's set in the finished product instead will make up for this last minute change of plan. We feel they're a very worthy replacement for Joey, and we're very happy to welcome them on board. In addition to this, and in an effort to keep both MC Obie and Mayhem involved in proceedings, we will also now be including Lethal Theory's M-Project as a bonus addition to the Blu-Ray too. Those who are directly affected by Joey's absence (co-producing / specific shout-outs etc) will have been contacted prior to this news post. As is so often the case, our hand has been forced by reasons beyond our control, but we're

still highly determined, along with Fracus & Darwin, MC Enemy, Gammer & Whizzkid, M-Project, Obie & Mayhem to deliver you THE highest quality product possible and showcase not only the emerging US rave scene, but the music and culture we all love so much in THE best possible, and well-captured, light

I'm glad that they're keeping Obie and Mayhem, and I think adding M-Project to the project is a great bonus. But adding Gammer and Whizzkid I know that some people who have contributed to the project will be disappointed in that move. I know I won't like Whizzkid involved in this. I found him to be absolute shit on the HU Live album, and knowing him I don't think he'll be any different for this project. But we'll wait and see how the final product unfolds.

damn that sucks for people that like powerstomp.

what i don't like about this is that now M- project will probably play even less makina now; or maybe none at all since joey will not be doing powerstomp...

i am sure we will hear abunch of powerstomp from other dj;s.... more than enough honestly. will ANY other dj play ANY makina?

nope. :(

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  07:04:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

quote:

what i don't like about this is that now M- project will probably play even less makina now; or maybe none at all since joey will not be doing powerstomp...

i am sure we will hear abunch of powerstomp from other dj;s.... more than enough honestly. will ANY other dj play ANY makina?

unless Gammer ups his ante and actually plays something else :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  07:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I'm glad I didn't put any money in then with those tossers on the project. At least gammer does make some good music but I can't even bear to hear whizzkid.

Edited by - Vladel on 2015/09/26 07:45:30
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  09:14:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"With the 7.1 surround sound, isn't it possible to have a MC-less track to switch to so we could kinda mute Whizzkid? That would be pretty sweet :P "

We'll definitely have music only tracks on the blu-ray (and collectors edition CDs) but it's worth highlighting that it's *very* unlikely we'll be able to present the Gammer mix in 7.1 (or multichannel, full stop). It can only be done if we can get stems of every single track and component of the mix, and that's just not going to happen IMO. Joey was briefed from the start, and would have been able to both furnish and be involved in the multichannel aspect, whilst Gammer has agreed to have his set recorded just two weeks prior to the event. Whilst it may be possible to "upmix" or present the music in stereo within a multichannel track I am unsure. I'm really, really, not a fan of upmixing music, in general, though.

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  09:18:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh, and for those with concerns about Whizzkid either generally or fostered by Rehab.... I wouldn't worry. For Rehab he was doing the "traditional" set where-as Stateside he's very much hosting. He's a true vetran, and knows exactly what he's doing for that market and that outlook pairs to this project with real synergy.

Summary: I'm very, very, gutted about this and it's made me predictably stressed as hell. However, this is a real one shot deal and the genre needs it so we can't buckle.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  10:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Has anybody asked for their money back yet?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  12:21:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Nope.

TBH looking at the backer list; it's fairly HU centric.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  12:31:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
WHAT ABOUT THE WORKOUT THING THO?

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  12:39:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Has Joey been naughty?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  13:26:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Nope.

TBH looking at the backer list; it's fairly HU centric.

CDJay

Good.

One advantage of having a bit of a Hardcore following is that there are less people likely to complain just for the sake of it.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/09/26 :  15:29:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

quote:

unless Gammer ups his ante and actually plays something else :P

trap & bigroom?
;p

honestly i was going to skip gammers set anyway. the old skool till i die room will be more popping all night. honestly i would rather see legends like slipmatt and vinylgroover drop some pure hardcore instead of worrying when and how many times gammer is going to ruin a hardcore set.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 32 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  ... 28  29  30  31  32
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page