Total online 1435
 Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID In The Maga Sun 2016 - anyone going?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/03/14 :  12:58:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
haha. but seriously, who else is retired from hardcore? cant think lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/03/14 :  16:13:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
haha. but seriously, who else is retired from hardcore? cant think lol

dj impact?
orbit1 !?

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/03/14 :  17:08:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
Dune?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/03/14 :  17:16:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
fade, dna?

violenc: dune (dj oliver) has already made a comeback

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/03/14 17:18:51
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2016/03/14 :  18:16:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
Gregor le Dalh. Heh.

Edited by - lurker on 2016/03/14 18:16:29
MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/26 :  16:47:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage  Reply with quote
Ooh buggeration, this has come round quick hasn't it, who else is a little bitoo excited then? :D :D :D

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/06/11 :  06:51:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage  Reply with quote
Roll on Monday morning, get me on that plane!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/06/11 :  22:12:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm there Monday night through Thursday morn, in a last ditch genre salvation attempt.

Alcohol and inspired interrogators welcomed; there's little left to lose and everything left to play for.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/06/11 :  22:37:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
It's always such doom and gloom... sometimes I wish you were more specific about your aims.

In other news, Nu Foundation and DJ Tools arrived yesterday, going to try putting a mix together tomorrow, had a listen through so far and must say I'm impressed, good work as always :)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/06/11 :  22:49:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
*curtseys*

Not being intentionally vague; same aim as 2006. Unite interested motivated factions,against a back drop of ill placed latent hero worship and wider industry apathy.

Difference now is people *might* listen

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/06/11 :  23:11:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Fingers crossed :)

It'd be so good if everyone really did work together, we all know this, we all keep saying it. WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN?!

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/06/12 :  13:41:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore Underground you are independent and have made great achievements, so why the need to always chase those big boys that killed off real hardcore years ago in favour of that horrible American sound.

In which gammer seems to think is happy hardcore, its all about marketing for them and trying to look young and trendy to appeal to the youth of today, old men with bad dress sense and shit taste in music, licking the ass off shitty edm producers and kanye west.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/06/12 :  18:31:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Not really chasing anything, anymore, except catching up built in exposure and entitled stature. It's very hard to take the offroad path when there's a toll road already built alongside that everyone is already using. Even the UK side where we've trailed horrendously, is showing signs of improvement. Frankly internationally I reckon we can and will stand toe-to-toe with absolutely anything in genre.

That said, I'll still step to the bat for Gammer quite happily. I know the whole HH tag agitates people, but I maintain that "Make It If We Try" is an actual HH track with updated noises (seriously, it's more HH than 95% of the Raverbaby stuff IMO) and the Futureshock remix I'll put alongside genuine trancecore/freeform greats of the past 15+ years. I don't really get the whole "selling out to EDM" thing given that it's already happened twice with trance and scouse house, and arguably there's more bite and cheer in some of the EDM noises if used appropriately.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does/says, but he's still a crucial working cog in a machine that desperately needs futureproofing. When he starts being a hardcore DJ, instead of a Clubland/TWR DJ, he's capable of achieving more than anyone else and in a fraction of the time. Ironically, I'll wager negativity is likely a factor in partial non engagement.

CDJay @ Hardcore Slightly-Less-Underground-In-Relativistic-Terms-But-The-Genre-Is-Smaller-So-Role-Shifting-Etc.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/06/13 :  15:48:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Not really chasing anything, anymore, except catching up built in exposure and entitled stature. It's very hard to take the offroad path when there's a toll road already built alongside that everyone is already using. Even the UK side where we've trailed horrendously, is showing signs of improvement. Frankly internationally I reckon we can and will stand toe-to-toe with absolutely anything in genre.

That said, I'll still step to the bat for Gammer quite happily. I know the whole HH tag agitates people, but I maintain that "Make It If We Try" is an actual HH track with updated noises (seriously, it's more HH than 95% of the Raverbaby stuff IMO) and the Futureshock remix I'll put alongside genuine trancecore/freeform greats of the past 15+ years. I don't really get the whole "selling out to EDM" thing given that it's already happened twice with trance and scouse house, and arguably there's more bite and cheer in some of the EDM noises if used appropriately.

Doesn't mean I agree with everything he does/says, but he's still a crucial working cog in a machine that desperately needs futureproofing. When he starts being a hardcore DJ, instead of a Clubland/TWR DJ, he's capable of achieving more than anyone else and in a fraction of the time. Ironically, I'll wager negativity is likely a factor in partial non engagement.

CDJay @ Hardcore Slightly-Less-Underground-In-Relativistic-Terms-But-The-Genre-Is-Smaller-So-Role-Shifting-Etc.

i ****ing love make it if we try.. one of the last songs form them that gives me the real feels <3
and the futureshock remix gives me a massive boner.
i wish gammer would just do a whole freeform album; his style is wicked energetic... and he might do it subconsciously; but he sure puts alot o hardcore influence in his freeform tracks imo... more so in anything else we see nowadays

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2016/06/13 :  19:55:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Flying out Wednesday afternoon for 2 nights of madness, can't wait!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page