Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Cappy
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2003/05/25 :  10:04:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think its a pretty good idea, Id listen.

I am the empty milk carton after the peanut butter sandwich.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
BAD_WES

United States
326 posts
BAD_WES has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/06/11 :  20:57:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ok, i made a post, and then delted it because i am an idiot and mentioned similcasting.... I dont know its because i played hockey for the first time in 2 months and i am sore as hell and i took to many painkillers. Umm, would it be possible for him to save his archive and keep it on his site after he plays live on yours?

When I post, i shoud really be sleeping.

DVDA
Starting Member

Canada
11 posts
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  00:08:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DVDA's homepage  Reply with quote
I saw A.F. play live here in Calgary, and I think the highlight of the set was when he brought in the new track and went to fade it out and forgott which track he brought in. So he cut out to silence. 90% of the kids were soo stoned they just clapped, but the rest of us pointed, laughed and boo'd. Great times.

Lixx: yeah I totally agree. Any partyz up here in Canada are all fast assed hard hhc. H2BHC actually turned a lot of people off from admitting that they like hhc at partys, or even dancing to it for that matter.

Kasper Klez
Starting Member

Canada
12 posts
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  00:37:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kasper Klez's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't see Frolic as representative of the North American HHC sound (i'd leave that to the guys on http://www.sonicfury.net ), I see him as representative of his OWN sound, which although not always what I'm in the mood for is definately not bad. That's the great thing about music - there's no true good or bad, we all just have our opinions.

We're bringing Silver1 down to Ottawa for our next rave, I'll talk to him about moving HappyHour to happyhardcore.com and see what he says, and report back.

Peace
Klez

-----
Kasper Klez
Sonic Disembowler and Freelance Babysitter
http://www.slammervirus.net
------

http://www.slammervirus.net
------

Splix
Advanced Member

Australia
572 posts
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  00:41:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Splix's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah it should be pretty good.

<<<<<S>>>>>
<<<<<P>>>>>
<<<<<L>>>>>
<<<<<I>>>>>
<<<<<X>>>>>

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  01:55:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
I found this awhile ago on the forums.. interesting.

http://www.anabolic-frolic.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1670

-----------
"Cheez-It; Get your own box."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  02:04:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
"I don't think so.. Even though I saw Chapter 7 being played on there..... damn rippers!"

Dude I can show you my bill from HMV if you want to, Moonshine were too cheap to send me a promo copy even though a MasterWax track is on te CD.

We are a fully licenced radio station and pay all RIAA royalities so just the same way it is legal for a radio station to play Happy2BHardcore so are we.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  02:06:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
Well.. first of all, that post was awhile ago. Second of all, I thought since Ari owns di.fm, he has to own every song played on it. Sorry if it sounded the wrong way.

-----------

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  02:13:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Actually the difference between owning the track and broadcasting the track are different. This comes down to publishing and sales commission which are different things, the RIAA is only concerned about publishing rights just like regular radio.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Bezze
Starting Member

United States
17 posts
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  09:30:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
happy hour radio isnt about massive listeners, its about exposing the music that is sent to them. Its a experimental/promotional show! If the show here i just dont think it would be as good as it is now.

VERY BAD IDEA!

Pie...yes pie is good, but i myself do not like PIE...btw Why does wood get so hard?

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  09:32:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Wudnt it be better if the 2 shows were kept seperate because then you have 2 different shows to choose between...more variety:D

Maybe sum new ideas for the hhc.com radio shud b fort up, maybe a mix a week/month from each member who submits one? Or live shows from events etc etc?

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  09:48:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage  Reply with quote
how does frolic feel about moving to hhc.com ?

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

breathe

Canada
48 posts
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  10:35:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
it's like howard stern, some like it some don't , but the show brings listeners so stations broadcast it, it would be a good move for the site in a big way.

Silver, you should get an XM radio station

haaa ahahahaha aaaaa aa aahaha , anabolic frolic was compared to Howard Stern.. Both equally retarded but they both know how to market themselves regardless of how mindless their message...lmfao@ both

you need anabolic frolic in here like you need howard stern doin live hc sets

throw your television out the window now!!! youll thank my in the end..

AlwaysHappy
Starting Member

United States
3 posts

127 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  16:42:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think it's an ok idea, doesn't really matter either way.
What bothers me is the number of people here badmouthing another dj, great way to further the scene folks!
It's all just Hardcore.

Edited by - AlwaysHappy on 2003/08/05 16:42:41
Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/05 :  16:51:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage  Reply with quote
Great first post AlwaysHappy! :) I totally agree with you. No one deserves to be publically beaten up. Every DJ deserves to be respected. Especially Chris because he practically brought hardcore into the North America. He also was the one to actually inspire me to DJ.

-----------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page