Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The Scene is irritating me!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  19:54:28  Show profile Send a private message
Sorry people of HHC.com, you will bare the brunt of this irrational and emotional rant.

A chunk of UK ravers are absolute morons and are really starting to get to me.

I've met some of the most amazing people in this music, some of which are on this forum, but it's really starting to drain me when I see the constant crap on FB. I really do not want to have these people on my feed every day. Boy is this scene frustrating. I really feel for the good guys who are much more invested in this scene than I am. You are troopers!!

If it wasnt for how good the music makes me feel, the incredible people I've met ans the fact still want to achieve things in this music and continue to push myself, I would cut them out in an instant.

Genuinely frustrating!!!

Wow! What a negative thread!

Alert moderator

Edited by - Claxton on 2016/05/02 09:48:53
MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:05:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
Yeah facebook has been a little entertaining today to say the least :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:11:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
Yeah facebook has been a little entertaining today to say the least :D

It genuinely gets me down to be honest. The levels of immaturity and emotional intelligence are equivalent to being in year 9 (13 year olds) at school. These are fully grown adults and not the people I want in my life. But they're also the promoters etc etc.

It's a massive dilemma and crossroads for me atm. It's weighing me down.

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:24:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
From what i have seen of it it was a few people having a laugh, maybe pushing the boundaries a little but all in good spirit then some others have taken a massive offence to it and its gone on from there, and as much as i despise the word 'banter' i think that really is all it comes down to, just some folk really havent liked it.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:29:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
From what i have seen of it it was a few people having a laugh, maybe pushing the boundaries a little but all in good spirit then some others have taken a massive offence to it and its gone on from there, and as much as i despise the word 'banter' i think that really is all it comes down to, just some folk really havent liked it.

To be honest, I saw the stuff today but that alone hasn't brought about this meltdown. It's just day after day.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:48:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I've felt this way for years mate, could have written the same many times but never did!

I have nothing in common with most 'ravers' apart from listening to the same music. In 'real' life, you can easily avoid people who you don't like or share interests with. In this scene (or in similar circumstances), you get others forced on you or compared to like you have to be one big family.

Er...if my family was like most of them i'd be happier on my own!

I have far less Facebook friends than many people, but still see an awful lot of stuff every day that makes me bite my tongue.

But, you make a great point (and please remember) that there are plenty of great people out there like you, Ben ;-)

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:54:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've felt this way for years mate, could have written the same many times but never did!

I have nothing in common with most 'ravers' apart from listening to the same music. In 'real' life, you can easily avoid people who you don't like or share interests with. In this scene (or in similar circumstances), you get others forced on you or compared to like you have to be one big family.

Er...if my family was like most of them i'd be happier on my own!

I have far less Facebook friends than many people, but still see an awful lot of stuff every day that makes me bite my tongue.

But, you make a great point (and please remember) that there are plenty of great people out there like you, Ben ;-)

And you mate. You an absolute gent and certainly one of the people alluded to as being a gem... you've pretty much encapsulated my feelings in your post.

I feel a bit two faced with this thread because I also depend on a lot of these people to help me move forwards. But I could quite happily cut them out of my life today, and I would if I didn't hinder my opportunities going forwards.

A lot of the time I feel helpless because these idiots are responsible for running the scene and controlling the music I love and I can do nothing about it. That is an incredibly frustrating thing.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  20:56:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
So, what happened on facebook that got sand in your vagina? Haven't noticed anything. Or maybe I'm not following the right (in this case wrong) people to notice what got you all heated.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  21:04:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
So, what happened on facebook that got sand in your vagina? Haven't noticed anything. Or maybe I'm not following the right (in this case wrong) people to notice what got you all heated.

Some of the 'banter' on Facebook today has been utterly bewildering and simply reminds me of how the chavs at school used to behave at 13-15.

This thread would have come without today's drama. I've been feeling this way for a while.

Edited by - Claxton on 2016/05/24 21:06:19
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  21:11:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I saw the same. Truly ridiculous.

Straw that broke the camels back eh?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/01 :  21:18:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

There has been a massive sequence of statuses and abuse hurled around because someone was licking people at a rave. It is as rediculous as it sounds. And some of the 'banter' on Facebook today has been utterly bewildering and simply reminds me of how the chavs at school used to behave at 13-15. One of the main instigators happens to be one of the most influential people in the UK scene and he is quite frankly a massive bellend.

This thread would have come without today's drama. Ive been feeling this way for a while.

The least you can do is name names as far as the influential person in UK hardcore goes! Screenshots would be nice as well! I can't be the only one here not afraid to call out cunts on facebook and post screenshots of some of the bullshit they spew.

And licking ppl at a rave? That's both disgusting and kind of hilarious, until it happens to you of course. I think the anger over that is rightfully so. Also reminds me of that guy who's gaining popularity for all his videos on some of the things he's licking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc3Xtl-0eJc

Sounds like you need to clean house as far as who you friend and follow on FB goes. I loathe how fucking stupid North American ravers are so I don't follow them or even try to get to know them at all lol. My FB friends and page follows consists of djs, producers, label owners, promoters, badass peopl who are nothing like you mentioned (except like 1 or 2) that I met in Spain, and people from here. FB drama free on my end! Unless I'm out looking for it, or causing it!

Edited by - latininxtc on 2016/05/01 21:23:10
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/02 :  02:10:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I can somewhat relate.

I live 2 hours away from both the Nashville and Atlanta rave scenes. Back when I was raving every weekend, it's like I knew so many peeps! Now, I don't know anyone besides the few peeps who have stuck around these past 11 years of my 'rave era'. I try to make new friends, but it's like it's all a clique now, and since I'm not a local, I'm never considered "In" with them. It's really made me not want to go out as much anymore, plus it seems the new thing to do is to stand around and talk; you don't see many peeps dancing.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/05/02 :  04:31:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Please tell me it wa MC Storm or Keyes again? :s
I was too busy trying to keep myself awake yesterday from having a sore throat all week (barely any sleep) and had a local rave in sweden on saturday :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2016/05/02 :  07:37:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
The majority of UK ravers are absolute morons and are really starting to get to me.

As cynical as it is, you'll get people like this in any music genre, niche or not.
The ignorant morons, the "my music taste is better than yours" snobs, the casual listeners who'll check up on the genre once in a while and the dedicated that keep it thriving.

The artists I'm friends with/follow are pretty chill and I haven't seen anything cringeworthy thus far, but if it's really getting to you just go on their Facebook profile and "unfollow" them. That way you can still be friends but don't have to see anything they post on your timeline.

Also here's a tweet from Mat Zo you might like:

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2016/05/02 :  09:22:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
I highly doubt there is another scene just like this one. My news feed is like an episode of Jeremy Kyle every single day.

As many of you have said, to unfriend or unfollow is the easy solution. But then to be involved in this scene takes a certain level of engagement. Basically I'm just whinging and wanting the best of both worlds haaa.

Everyday my faith in humanity takes a beating. It's pretty demoralising.

Edited by - Claxton on 2016/05/02 09:23:48
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/05/02 :  10:41:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Please tell me it wa MC Keyes again? :s

bingo

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page