Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/05 :  14:12:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
It's interesting how nearly everyone has named different tracks. Just shows the quality and diversity of SB's catalogue.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/05 :  15:17:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
It's interesting how nearly everyone has named different tracks. Just shows the quality and diversity of SB's catalogue.

I'm more suprised that people have mentioned his 2003-present more than his older stuff.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Jaybee has attended 24 events
Posted - 2016/10/05 :  16:30:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
oh I forgot about Blue Anthem!
I'm gonna embarass myself here, but it's been quite some time since I've listened to this music and this track reminds me of another one.. perhaps "Inspiration" ?????

ArdcorePower

N/A
36 posts
ArdcorePower has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/05 :  16:32:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ArdcorePower's homepage  Reply with quote
Scott Brown is one of my all time favourite producers for gabba, and one of the few HHC producers I was digging in the late 90's when the sing-a-long Euro Pop on speed was starting to run it's course, and I think Scott is a big reason why Happy Hardcore upgraded to the "UK hardcore" sound it is now known as.

This is just my opinion, as far as I can remember and what I do know is that Scott Brown has been an iconic scene creating producer since probably 92 when he was DJ Equazion doing the breakbeat hardcore and techno thing.

"Hardcore Disco" changed the hardcore scene, it ushered in that happy bouncy gabba flavor hardcore style, Paul Elstak is the godfather of happy hardcore in Holland well, he heard Scott Brown and changed his music direction to more happier style and lots of producers copied Scott.

Scott's early bouncy techno tunes for me were the absolute best! tunes like Live Your Life, Detonated, My Best Friend, Asylum, Do What Ya Like, of course Hardcore Disco, I can go on and on lol.

Even the happy hardcore stuff like his Hardcore Vibes Remix or Yeah Oh Yeah, I Don't Need Nobody, his Interstate stuff, the monster anthem which I was saying earlier that I felt had a big impact which is still going to this day was his Elysium production.

His Gabba tracks were nutty like his productions on Twisted Vinyl, Terror Traxx, Mokum Records under the Annihilator alias, his early stuff on Evolution/Evolution Gold,Bass Generator Records and Shoop!, The Scotchman stuff on Babyboom and Dwarf.

He also produced some amazing hard trance too. He did an EP on a big German label I remember one of the tracks is called "Ecstasy" and he has label called "Corrosion" which is all hard trance / trance and also "Slip Records".

He's defiantly one of my all time favourites without even thinking twice about it.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/10/05 :  21:17:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Newer stuff has to be bleep song
Older stuff has to be heavens gate.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/05 :  23:28:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Newer stuff has to be bleep song
Older stuff has to be heavens gate.

Yeah I were gonna say Heavens Gate. From The Underground as well. So many wonderful tunes from the man.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  04:30:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
Heaven in your eyes is also an amazing one! it sounds amazing off the vinyl!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  08:49:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & D-Zyne - Everybody's Movin' (Scott Brown Remix) is pretty special too.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  10:28:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
So Many

Turn up the Music
Roll the Track
Elysium Plus
Yeah oh Yeah
Feel the Beat
Pilgrim
From the Underground
Lightening Strike
Lost Generation Remix
Rock to My Beats
Basic Nature
Blue Anthem
Rock You Softly
Fly With You
Do What You Like
Now is the Time
E-creation
Happy Vibes
Best Friend
Hardcore Disco
Work That Sukka
F*@k You

etc etc

Biggest influence on the hardcore scene imo, the word Legend doesnt do the guy justice

Edited by - DJ A.K. on 2016/10/06 10:30:59
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  11:27:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
How many sukkas
Invite the violence

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  13:26:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
god I feel soo alone with my Forever Yours and Blue Room picks :P From the Underground is one of the first tracks (chronologically) of the stuff I really loved by Scott Brown.

From the Underground
Equazion Part 10 (Viroid)
Equazion Part 11 (Let the Bass Go)
Forever Yours
Second Wave
Pilgrim 2000

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/06 13:26:29
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  15:12:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
Oooo the Bleep Song is beautiful! :o Thank you friends!

I don't know about Scott Brown but most hardcore producers/DJs are friendly and easy to talk to. Except Gammer. He can go to hell. Nah, not serious. I totally started that fight. But yeah, I think I briefly met Sc@r and a few others at some tiny little event years back and they were all chill as ****. I don't remember that night too well though. All I remember was everyone including all the ravers being really friendly (and no that wasn't just an MDMA memory). I started coughing my guts up in the toilet because I was chainsmoking and some matey asked if I needed help in case I was having an aneurysm. Hahaha. Good guy though.

Anyway, you'll have a blast. Don't worry about it. :)

I feel like meeting any of the djs would of been a lot less nervewracking 8 years ago when I was actively going to parties. I got to see a lot of them (ufo, stompy, brisk, re-con, styles, breeze, scott brown, hixxy, dougal, gammer, ham, s3rl, stormtrooper, impact, vinylgroover, whizzkid.... local loves like crackerjack, nice guys, no left turn, rize, starr, sixxx) but I never tried to meet them. I did get a picture with The Nice Guys back in the day.

I'm going to make sure I'm nice and drunk so I don't have all this social anxiety lol

damn are you an og kandi kid?

Never seen Ham; stormtrooper; ufo; or stompy! gotta be pre 2008?

You need to make Northkore in Norcal; they brought out sc@r last time :D . Epic; epic party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxziSUXzA8

oh and i guess my answer is prince of darkness and neckbreaker shit :P

Edited by - trippnface on 2016/10/06 15:12:49
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  15:35:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I've met Scott Brown and DJ Darts a couple of times, and said hello Kevin Energy (heck, he said I was the only Swede on Freeformation The Last Jam so it was easy to remember my name :P), Fade and Bananaman. Heck, in Scott Brown's eyes, I'll forever be the "Whooper king", because I was eating at Burger King when I met him in Sweden :P

Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  17:12:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage  Reply with quote
Too many to mention..

But one that hasnt been said yet "Memories". It has grown on me over the years as one of my mates mixes it a lot when we mix together.

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/06 :  17:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I've met Scott Brown and DJ Darts a couple of times, and said hello Kevin Energy (heck, he said I was the only Swede on Freeformation The Last Jam so it was easy to remember my name :P), Fade and Bananaman. Heck, in Scott Brown's eyes, I'll forever be the "Whooper king", because I was eating at Burger King when I met him in Sweden :P

with cheese?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page