Printer friendly
Page: 
of 21

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/12/11 :  13:06:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Had mine quite a while and listened to both disks all the way through. The fracus & Darwin disk is great as expected and if you were looking for a disk to show to someone we had lost, it might be a good choice. The second disk is an excercise in disappointment. Literally 90% of the tracks starts well and then either goes dubcore, minimal, big room or just has a lead that just doesn't fit. It's like great intro, great breakdown, great vocal, how is this track going to go wrong? Oh like that. Dougal & gammers one for the ravers is the worst with a perfect track until that stuttering shit. It's as if they make good songs by accident and then try like hell to ruin them. MOB was a horrendous choice for the second disk and beside the highlight being the disk sounding slightly mixed rather than blend-blend, the disk obviously exists to make the first better.

The fracus & Darwin opener was one of the best I've ever heard rather than one of those studio made crap intros. The song even makes you forget you are listening to a hardcore disk before the beat kicks in which may help for casual listeners. That disk flows and is so well made that the tracks you aren't keen on don't matter it's so well done. In terms of the singles, not sure how many I would buy individually but it doesn't matter when they are free. I think the model is great as it caters for both mixed and unmixed and for that I applaud HU. Let's do this format again but next time have someone other than MOB.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Vladel on 2016/12/11 13:12:37
Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2016/12/11 :  15:33:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Had mine quite a while and listened to both disks all the way through. The fracus & Darwin disk is great as expected and if you were looking for a disk to show to someone we had lost, it might be a good choice. The second disk is an excercise in disappointment. Literally 90% of the tracks starts well and then either goes dubcore, minimal, big room or just has a lead that just doesn't fit. It's like great intro, great breakdown, great vocal, how is this track going to go wrong? Oh like that. Dougal & gammers one for the ravers is the worst with a perfect track until that stuttering shit. It's as if they make good songs by accident and then try like hell to ruin them. MOB was a horrendous choice for the second disk and beside the highlight being the disk sounding slightly mixed rather than blend-blend, the disk obviously exists to make the first better.

The fracus & Darwin opener was one of the best I've ever heard rather than one of those studio made crap intros. The song even makes you forget you are listening to a hardcore disk before the beat kicks in which may help for casual listeners. That disk flows and is so well made that the tracks you aren't keen on don't matter it's so well done. In terms of the singles, not sure how many I would buy individually but it doesn't matter when they are free. I think the model is great as it caters for both mixed and unmixed and for that I applaud HU. Let's do this format again but next time have someone other than MOB.

100% Agree

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/12/11 :  17:44:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

100% Agree

looks like we on to something here. ..

also; the lack of AL STORM is unacceptable.

Edited by - trippnface on 2016/12/11 17:45:08
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/11 :  20:51:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I have to say that despite being by far the weaker of the 2 mixes, the MOB Disc is by no means a disaster. Some seriously good stuff on there.

john scardy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 posts
Posted - 2016/12/12 :  13:05:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit john scardy's homepage  Reply with quote
Pretty disappointing, but not a total loss. Lots of it sounds like it's been played on a kazoo... But Kazoocore seems to be the trend this year.

I read on here from time to time and seem to have a different view point to most of what's posted on this forum. I liked the so called dub core and really like hardcore that's taken influence from what ever's popular at the time... Alot of this album just feels like a weak attempt to go back to the naughties.

That being said I do like still I am, (the vocals awful

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2016/12/14 :  15:31:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
got ma discs; listening to the mix is far more impressive than scoping single tracks

and besides technikore murdering; fracus & darwin also kill things.

my favorite track is their remix of just be... what a ****ING BANGER

dy5on remix is pretty damn class; f & d remix of lost is A +

lots of really good other tracks too.

Chwynny should seriously produce more; WHAT THE ****!?!

a really good comp of current sounds; good job guys; and I hope there is more to come.

still gunna say **** disc 2 and those sounds should just die ;) I don't personally know anybody interested in those sounds. they bought this for disc 1; and people would have been more happy with disc 2 being like dics 1. I would be very suprised if giving those guys their avenue of sound helped your; or hardcore cause at all. i just don't think that style does anything for anybody. If they want it so much they should make their own album; wih full tracks like that.

I won't buy; and i doubt most other hardcore heads would either.

good job HU! <3

Edited by - trippnface on 2016/12/14 15:32:57
youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
youngson has donated money to the site youngson has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/12/15 :  21:49:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
still gunna say **** disc 2 and those sounds should just die ;) I don't personally know anybody interested in those sounds. they bought this for disc 1; and people would have been more happy with disc 2 being like dics 1. I would be very suprised if giving those guys their avenue of sound helped your; or hardcore cause at all. i just don't think that style does anything for anybody. If they want it so much they should make their own album; wih full tracks like that.

good job HU! <3

I only bought it because of disk 2. Certainly 100% would not buy if both were like cd 1.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2016/12/16 :  18:22:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:
quote:

good job HU! <3

I only bought it because of disk 2. Certainly 100% would not buy if both were like cd 1.

wow!

So you never liked or bought uk hardcore when it was at it's prime?!

really nothing about dics 2 reprents a hardcore sound I look for at all.

and a set that uses both styles will never be as good as a a set that just sticks to one ( imo) .... so i guess good on them for doing 2 vastly different discs ;)

Though I can't help but think this is actually why our scene falls flat on it's face compared to others. I just can't think of any other genre where they feel the need to attempt to appease so many different wide bases. in such a TINY outlet. I buy so many different genres and comps; and i can easily pick up 3 dicsers with 3 discs of fire.... just not inthe hardcore scene...

* also though; i need to rememeber this is not just HU ; this was a union with Hardcore Heaven too.
So it makes more sense....

but Daniel Seven would have rocked that shit 1000x harder ;p

Edited by - trippnface on 2016/12/16 18:24:48
youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
youngson has donated money to the site youngson has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/12/16 :  20:45:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

wow!

and a set that uses both styles will never be as good as a a set that just sticks to one ( imo) .... so i guess good on them for doing 2 vastly different discs ;)

Though I can't help but think this is actually why our scene falls flat on it's face compared to others. I just can't think of any other genre where they feel the need to attempt to appease so many different wide bases. in such a TINY outlet. I buy so many different genres and comps; and i can easily pick up 3 dicsers with 3 discs of fire.... just not inthe hardcore scene...

* also though; i need to rememeber this is not just HU ; this was a union with Hardcore Heaven too.

And when exactly was it's prime for you? Because I will tell you it certainly was not in 2010 when you joined this site. I've been buying and 'liking' hardcore for many years now, I have a very large hardcore collection of which I am very proud of.

Your scene in America is different to here. I don't appreciate on you looking down at me for enjoying the slightly harder edged music more and I know for sure I ain't the only one. In fact, the general consensus from my friends here in Scotland was that CD 2 was in fact more enjoyed.

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2016/12/16 :  21:56:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage  Reply with quote
Ordered mine the other day & downloaded my digital wav's yesterday :)
Not listened to any yet (although i really wanted too) as i wanted to listen to all the tracks mixed so i'm just waiting for the CD.
Also bought a few others in the sale to replace my original copies that are getting a bit tatty looking.

EDIT:
Just been speaking to a friend who also ordered the CD. Some of his wav files don't play so i just tried mine & some of mine don't play either :( My broken files are different to his. His broken ones i can play fine & vice versa.

Have sent a email reply.

Edited by - SPOOX on 2016/12/16 22:52:16
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/12/17 :  08:57:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

wow!

And when exactly was it's prime for you? Because I will tell you it certainly was not in 2010 when you joined this site. I've been buying and 'liking' hardcore for many years now, I have a very large hardcore collection of which I am very proud of.

Your scene in America is different to here. I don't appreciate on you looking down at me for enjoying the slightly harder edged music more and I know for sure I ain't the only one. In fact, the general consensus from my friends here in Scotland was that CD 2 was in fact more enjoyed.

MOB harder edged lol

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/12/17 :  15:15:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Harder than F&D, but just slightly. And youngson is scottish. I thought hew knew harder stuff :(

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/12/17 :  16:09:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The whole point of having multiple discs on a compilation is to allow for variance in preference. Even if someone *hates* one of two, it's still a good deal when you factor in the 20 unmixed .wav files.

One of the biggest plagues faced by "upfront" UK Hardcore is baked in disdain and indifference towards people who try to do things. Established players sit safe on past accomplishments, in a far less tainted and dynamic era, and have to do a lot less whilst simultaneously taking far fewer risks even as their stature and guaranteed revenue streams make doing so far less of an actual gamble. I could make a fairly convincing argument that doing nothing is in fact preferential, as preservation of stature is easier without anything currently comparative.

Rather than this sliding into tit-for-tat disparaging of the few wilfully active elements in modern industry, can we instead celebrate that this has already nearly sold out? Over 700 in the first week, odds are good for this being delisted to rare (with appropriate price hike) before months end if not sooner. That's the fastest selling CD, or frankly anything, I'd wager, in the scene for at least 4 years. The feedback, whilst seemingly spikey here, is universally very good and clearly the project is hitting both a disengaged and casual market we've previously failed to reach. Digital rollout can now follow, for wider availability, and the "new model" is certified. UK Hardcore Compilation albums aren't dead.

Combined with other happenings in the wider industry, both in the UK and globally, we could actually be heading for resurgance, even locally. The plans we have, internally, next year are quite ambitious even compared to what we've done to date.

So, in the spirit of the season, let's be merry. There's actually something to celebrate

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2016/12/17 16:23:47
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2016/12/17 :  16:47:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

wow!

not even dude; sorry if those were my vibes; def not trying to talk down to anybody.

I am glad people enjoy so much diversity and you like disc 2; you know I am very opininated and loud abiout hardcore ;) ; was not necassarily directed at you <3

I think the prime was prob like 2003 - 2008 for me.

100% agree with geographical differences though.

Just shows how vastly different opinions are.

disc 2 almost put me to bed; the cheesy vocaly fast classicish disc 1 sound gets me super elevated.

looks like we just need 3 discs CDJay haha

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2016/12/17 :  16:49:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
The whole point of having multiple discs on a compilation is to allow for variance in preference. Even if someone *hates* one of two, it's still a good deal when you factor in the 20 unmixed .wav files.

One of the biggest plagues faced by "upfront" UK Hardcore is baked in disdain and indifference towards people who try to do things. Established players sit safe on past accomplishments, in a far less tainted and dynamic era, and have to do a lot less whilst simultaneously taking far fewer risks even as their stature and guaranteed revenue streams make doing so far less of an actual gamble. I could make a fairly convincing argument that doing nothing is in fact preferential, as preservation of stature is easier without anything currently comparative.

Rather than this sliding into tit-for-tat disparaging of the few wilfully active elements in modern industry, can we instead celebrate that this has already nearly sold out? Over 700 in the first week, odds are good for this being delisted to rare (with appropriate price hike) before months end if not sooner. That's the fastest selling CD, or frankly anything, I'd wager, in the scene for at least 4 years. The feedback, whilst seemingly spikey here, is universally very good and clearly the project is hitting both a disengaged and casual market we've previously failed to reach. Digital rollout can now follow, for wider availability, and the "new model" is certified. UK Hardcore Compilation albums aren't dead.

Combined with other happenings in the wider industry, both in the UK and globally, we could actually be heading for resurgance, even locally. The plans we have, internally, next year are quite ambitious even compared to what we've done to date.

So, in the spirit of the season, let's be merry. There's actually something to celebrate

CDJay

for sure good news dude!

take a deep breath of success :D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 21 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  ... 17  18  19  20  21
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page