Page: 
of 21

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/01/16 :  21:21:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought Joey Riot was due to visa issues, he seemed pretty on board with the initial videos and stuff... maybe it turned out he wasn't capable of doing the keep fit video. :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/01/17 :  07:55:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
if JR has visa problems, maybe the US can't take his hardcore techno? :P

If Jakazid is like Nanobii, who i've met a couple of times, they are really just into making music. His appearance in the US last or previous year was his very first time behind decks, and Jakazid just does sets occationally from what I understand.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/01/17 :  16:40:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
So it's sold out then ?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/01/17 :  17:11:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
There's about 40 left AFAIK, we're about to jack the price up on the last few and simultaneously make it available as a digital only product. Then we'll pull the trigger on getting it out to other vendors (which takes a few weeks)

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/02/07 :  17:46:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
how many left now?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/02/07 :  20:27:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Visibly I'd say there are ~12 in the lock up, and there are also 10 recently-signed ones I put aside a while back (3 of which are competition prizes to go out)

There's also a likely a few undeliverable returns, in the future, so some of them might be repurposed. Or signed and sold. Dunno.

Basically it's sold out, hence the price hike, but the digital-only variant has been available for a while on our site. Wider rollout in March, I think.

Will de-list the physical in the next day or two, so we have any remaining for posterity or bundles. Wish I'd kept another 50 for that, really, oops.

CDJay

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  05:33:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Visibly I'd say there are ~12 in the lock up, and there are also 10 recently-signed ones I put aside a while back (3 of which are competition prizes to go out)

There's also a likely a few undeliverable returns, in the future, so some of them might be repurposed. Or signed and sold. Dunno.

Basically it's sold out, hence the price hike, but the digital-only variant has been available for a while on our site. Wider rollout in March, I think.

Will de-list the physical in the next day or two, so we have any remaining for posterity or bundles. Wish I'd kept another 50 for that, really, oops.

CDJay

Did you actually send mine in the end? I never got it.

I wasn't going to complain because I was quite happy with the digitals but then I remembered that trippnface paid for it so I don't want his money to be wasted. Besides, apparently the CD bundle is quite attractive. ;)

Trip is still my favourite HH user of all time.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  06:03:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by john scardy:
Alot of this album just feels like a weak attempt to go back to the naughties.

Ironically, the real intention was actually the opposite: to make modern hardcore more palatable, especially to diehard era purists like me. Pretty much everyone at this point has made it quite clear that they have no intention of returnig to last decade (well pre-2012, really, because that's when things really fell off a cliff).

If this was marketed as a attempt to return to 2007, I'd be the first to get my pitchfork out. But it wasn't at all. I accepted it for what it was and found some pleasure in it as a result. It really only sounds poor to me by comparison to what I like but if I leave aside my predilections, I can enjoy new hardcore.

I've really gone off-topic from your message here but I've finally drawn a line under hardcore for my own sanity. Since HH (HU edition), I've leanrt to start treating hardcore as a whole new genre ("moderately happy hardcore"?) and appreciating it for what it is rather than what it isn't. It hasn't captured my imagination and my heart the way '00s hardcore did - and it never will - but I can at least enjoy it in the same way I enjoyed the occasional dubstep mix or track back in 2008. I predict that, like most people, I'll steadily drift away from the scene (no new purchases and certainly no raves). Hardcore is a genre you can't really keep up with without actively putting in the effort and I just don't love it enough to do that anymore. But there's equally no point wasting time slagging off the new stuff through frustration and misguided hope.

I'll probably concentrate on finishing my pre-2010 digis collection. Over 600 labels finished, about 400 to go (mostly half-completed).

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  10:50:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

CDJay

I wasn't going to complain because I was quite happy with the digitals but then I remembered that trippnface paid for it so I don't want his money to be wasted. Besides, apparently the CD bundle is quite attractive. ;)

Worryingly, yes. I'll jump on the office PC shortly and check the tracking info!

CDJay

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/02/12 :  05:09:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

CDJay

Worryingly, yes. I'll jump on the office PC shortly and check the tracking info!

CDJay

Oh. :(

Well, let me know wagwan. I've had no end of problems with RM around here recently (last year, pretty much every holiday, even bank holidays, meant a 2 week delay here and Christmas was a nightmare).

The RM sell-off at mate's rates should really have been one of the biggest political scandals of the decade. I'm pretty ashamed to be British these days. At least we've still got Andy Murray, I guess. For the moment, anyway..

Edited by - Elliott on 2017/02/12 05:13:18
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/02/12 :  12:19:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't find any record of posting, having checked [:([

Ooops! Going out tomorrow, with you Wednesday. It's the shiny!

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/13 :  05:09:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
shiny 'disko'balls?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/02/13 :  09:51:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Just noticed mob isn't playing at transmission, you'd have thought hardcore heaven would have him headlining as he mixed the album but they haven't even bothered to book himy , why is this ?

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2017/02/13 :  10:02:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Just noticed mob isn't playing at transmission, you'd have thought hardcore heaven would have him headlining as he mixed the album but they haven't even bothered to book himy , why is this ?

I was up all night thinking about this!

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/02/14 :  17:53:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
From the minute I saw the amateur artwork I thought hardcore heaven actually had nothing to do with this cd, this just kind of confirms it, surely if they had anything to do with it they would be booking the person that mixed disc 2 on their album at their events?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 21 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  13  14  ... 17  18  19  20  21
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page