of 21

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  15:32:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
The whole thing is an absolute triumph!

Sexy packaging.
40 Unmixed tracks.
2 top class mixes.

I must admit I was expecting to be writing a less than glowing review.

Hearing the clips I thought I wasn't going to like it.
Quick listen to the CD's on the laptop, sounded ok.
Proper listen in the car.....WOAH!

The overall quality of the vocal tracks is outstanding.

Think Claxton said somewhere about it being very mature and professional sounding - that's spot on.

Highlights etc to follow

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - djDMS on 2016/12/06 16:12:48
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  16:05:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:

My only criticism is every set should end with gabber, Scott Brown knows this and that's why he's king.

:)

Well that would have probably never happened on this album since Fracus loathes gabber and Darwin and Mob aren't all that well known for playing it. Brisk, Marc Smith and Joey Riot are other DJs that have ended sets (live or cd or digital releases) with gabber so perhaps when the next one comes out they can be booked to mix one of the CDs and include gabber.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  16:15:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

My only criticism is every set should end with gabber, Scott Brown knows this and that's why he's king.

Well that would have probably never happened on this album since Fracus loathes gabber and Darwin and Mob aren't all that well known for playing it. Brisk, Marc Smith and Joey Riot are other DJs that have ended sets (live or cd or digital releases) with gabber so perhaps when the next one comes out they can be booked to mix one of the CDs and include gabber.

clearly you haven't heard them play live as many times as I have :P

If they/he really loath it, why does it frequently appear as midsection in their tracks?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  17:11:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

C'mon; they finished at HTID USA 2015 with the Nothing There remix and Join Us Now

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  17:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I will wait for the mixes before I will review it properly...

...but what's up with some of the track namings?

Is the Heartfelt track supposed to be mashed with another track? if not, I would've named it "StrifeII - Heartfelt (Fracus & Darwin remix)", or "(Fracus & Darwin vs. StrifeII remix)". Are ye hogging credits man? :P

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  17:55:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
quote:

C'mon; they finished at HTID USA 2015 with the Nothing There remix and Join Us Now

CDJay

C'mon, you know classifying Join Us Now as a gabber track is an insult to such a brilliant track, especially when it takes influence from hardstyle and not gabber. And yes both genres are similar, but they're far more distinguishable now than they were 10yrs ago.

And I could be wrong but didn't Fracus not like gabber at one point? Brisk used to tease him about it on the podcast and I think I might have even brought it up in convo with him years ago.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/12/06 :  18:15:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well consider all the tracks bearing Fracus name that also contains gabber or harder midsection always contain Darwin, it could mostly be Darwin who adds them

Alabaster

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  12:02:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alabaster's homepage  Reply with quote
Didn't the Hardcore Underground Store Sampler mix that Fracus and Darwin did end with gabber?

Anyway, I just purchased this CD today and am eagerly refreshing my inbox for those DL links. Do you know when it's likely to arrive? I can be patient, but it would be nice to know which side of Christmas I can expect to see it in the flesh.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  12:28:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
I so wish "Lost" (Fracus & Darwin Remix) kicked CD1 off. For me, the mix takes a while to get going but the first Technikore track brings it to life. I just think that with this compilation being such a significant release in 2016, it needed to start with a BANG! Ironically, I think the first track would've made a good finale. Having said all that, though, it was the first time in a long while that I've listened to an album/compilation mix without skipping any of it. I know a great deal of thought is put in to tracklisting so I appreciate it just comes down to personal view. The mix on CD1 has a good flow to it and you get - at least - a couple of minutes for each track. I'm not fan of 20 second tracks on compilations.

I think the project is a great effort and I appreciate the work behind it. I would definitely welcomel a HH release like this each Christmas.

For 15GBP, it's a steal! The unmixed wav files make it so worthwhile.

Thanks again, CDJay and co.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  12:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
after finally listening to all the tracks (I won't rate the mixes, they are probably 1000
times better than mine :P), nothing on MOB's mix enticed me. Other than maybe the
Nuton track, that one was ok. The rest is basicly the reason I never liked UK Hardcore
inbetween 2007-2013. Fracus & Darwin's trackselection on the other hand, they where
definitly more up my street, even if it's just a paralell road to what I really like. Nice to
see only 1 gammer track on the whole album tho :D

Tracks I like:
Still I Am
Close Your Eyes (In Effect & Darwin Remix)

Tracks I could enjoy:
Lost (F&D remix)
Change (Technicore remix)
Another Notch (Dy5on Remix)
You Gotta Know (sounds like a Justin Bieber track, but for some reason I kinda like it)
Way Back Home

Tracks I Definitly did not like:
Up 2 No Good
Believe
Put You Hood up

Edited by - Samination on 2016/12/07 12:36:25
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  12:37:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree, Sam. That's why I didn't mention the MOB mix - it was fine, just nothing breathtaking. I'll give it another go, though.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  13:43:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought Don't let me go was a perfect first track to set us up for the rest of the mix. Nice, gentle start (and a beast of a tune too).

Enjoyed the MOB mix far more than I expected, definitely very few tracks I won't listen to again

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/12/08 :  03:36:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
I have only listened to the tracks off MOB's mix ( saving best for last ;) ) but

I like Now & Then ; one for the ravers and f&d remix of bitterness alot.

The rest of the tracks have that powerstomp kick and are kind of mellow i feel like ; and even one for the ravers & now & then are not straight uk hardcore; but of course fracus & darwin remix of biterness is on point; being the only true uk hardcore track of disc 2 imo.

the 3 tracks i listed have really good energy though; and one for the ravers isnt anything crazy but hey on the right track i think ;) .

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/12/08 :  07:56:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
If anything, it took only 2 days to recieve my order from HU. What. The. Bloody. Hell? Did you use someone else than Royal Mail? :P

Either that, or CDjay knew what 2 CD's I wanted to order and sent them beforehand

Edited by - Samination on 2016/12/08 07:57:44
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/12/08 :  08:26:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alabaster:
Didn't the Hardcore Underground Store Sampler mix that Fracus and Darwin did end with gabber?

Anyway, I just purchased this CD today and am eagerly refreshing my inbox for those DL links. Do you know when it's likely to arrive? I can be patient, but it would be nice to know which side of Christmas I can expect to see it in the flesh.

If you're based in the UK you should get it two working days after ordering (presuming ordered before 5 p.m ) as we use a tracked 48 service.

I believe Fracus has been manually generating and sending download links at the end of business hours daily.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 21 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  ... 17  18  19  20  21
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page