Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/11/22 :  22:40:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
As someone very much in and put of the loop, like Schrodinger cat mk5, I can say with assurance that a nasty little group is not actually directly related to Keyes. I get the same thing, as I was Nostradamus (infallibly) on USH and am yet to be forgiven.

The lone reason we haven't folded and fled genre is that new link. Whatever has come prior, wherever associations exist, you're barking at the wrong tree stump. Change is problematic; the best way to stave it off is referential glory and division of effective competition. It's now over. Merit, ideas and execution *will* win. Whatever short term past-derived new setbacks present in the short term the will not endure.

Even today I see the gilded thrones set out with no seat afforded, as we scrambled to make the wider scene durable and relevant. Until now I would have felt excluded, undermined, amd compromised. Today I see entitled princesses getting new heels when a hike is looming. Good luck to them.

CDJay

If the link is good for 'the scene' as a whole then it's all good but you can't really blame people for casting aspersions using the only information that's available to them. Unfortunately, because precisely no one ever want to specify anything concrete, all that's left in the mind of anyone 'not in the know' is an image of people cutting whichever deal suits them at the time and then claiming it's going to be the making of the genre.

I hope it is

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/11/22 :  23:10:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
CDJay, what's your favourite book (or top 3, even) and do you have a favourite author?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  00:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Quite partial to Mitch Rapp, and increasingly thinking that attitudes portrayed are more likely effective than the hippy love parade so far offered.

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  14:59:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
As someone very much in and out of the loop, like Schrodinger cat mk5, I can say with assurance that any nasty little group is not actually directly related to Keyes. I get the same thing, as I was Nostradamus (infallibly) on USH and am yet to be forgiven.

The lone reason we haven't folded and fled genre is that new link. Whatever has come prior, wherever associations exist, you're barking at the wrong tree stump. Change is problematic; the best way to stave it off is referential glory and division of effective competition. It's now over. Merit, ideas and execution *will* win. Whatever past-derived new setbacks to us occur in the present short term.... they will not endure.

Even today I see the gilded thrones set out with no seat afforded, as per, whilst we scrambled to make the wider scene durable and relevant. Until now I would have felt excluded, undermined, amd compromised. Today I see entitled princesses getting new heels when a hike is looming. Good luck to them.

CDJay

Sorry but I have no idea what your talking about, are you trying to say that keyes hasn't put a stop to whizz storm and squad playing uproar?

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  15:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Sorry but I have no idea what your talking about

Haha! I sometimes wish this site had a CDJay>plain English translate feature.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  15:50:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I have no idea about that, all I know is that where the established order have literally run things into the ground both Ravers Reunited and Hardcore Underground are 10 years deep and have had to fight tooth and nail for every victory. They've grown even as everything else tanked.

Part of the genius of the establishment is preserving divides as it stops any genuine competition emerging; and as you can likely sense from my heated tone I got wind of yet another HU-Exclusion-Power-Play yesterday and am *so* *SO* very tired of it.

I/We have RELENTLESSLY tried to work for the wider scene, with the wider scene, and no matter how many times that is thrown back in our face we keep on truckin'.

With a HH album due for release in under a fortnight, I have no idea how we end up excluded from these things by default; I'd object a lot less if I thought anyone was offering up useful ideas or alternatives.

Bleugh? Bleugh.

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  15:59:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I have no idea about that, all I know is that where the established order have literally run things into the ground both Ravers Reunited and Hardcore Underground are 10 years deep and have had to fight tooth and nail for every victory. They've grown even as everything else tanked.

Part of the genius of the establishment is preserving divides as it stops any genuine competition emerging; and as you can likely sense from my heated tone I got wind of yet another HU-Exclusion-Power-Play yesterday and am *so* *SO* very tired of it.

I/We have RELENTLESSLY tried to work for the wider scene, with the wider scene, and no matter how many times that is thrown back in our face we keep on truckin'.

With a HH album due for release in under a fortnight, I have no idea how we end up excluded from these things by default; I'd object a lot less if I thought anyone was offering up useful ideas or alternatives.

Bleugh? Bleugh.

CDJay

What's is it your excluded from ? As the 'rogue squad' seem to be doing alright.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  16:11:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
It will all become clear; expect hooj international things to happen with zero HU involvement (even though we lead the international scene for years, back when it "didn't matter", and F&D were "only big in Japan", and selling tens of thousands of CDs worldwide)

Meh.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  16:22:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I hope one day someone writes a massive expos? about it all

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2016/11/23 :  17:38:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
Who owns Uproar now then?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  13:01:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
It will all become clear; expect hooj international things to happen with zero HU involvement (even though we lead the international scene for years, back when it "didn't matter", and F&D were "only big in Japan", and selling tens of thousands of CDs worldwide)

Meh.

CDJay

How can hu be getting left out of things when f&d are calling themselves 'the rogue squad', that's just crazy., surely no one would ignore them with a name like that, makes them sound well 'ard.

Edited by - skarr on 2016/11/25 14:37:39
DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
DJ Sketchy is verified hardcore artist DJ Sketchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  15:17:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Who owns Uproar now then?

I'm not positive of this either. I know it was the HTID camp for a while. Not sure if that's still the case.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  15:24:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Meh.

CDJay

Completely misread the OP.
'Expect' instead of 'except' xD

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/11/25 15:25:28
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  23:41:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought this might've gathered speed by now. Either people don't know or people don't want to say.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  23:48:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
If nothing else, what truly winds me up is how woefully underutilised we are. I get that the major players are convinced they are royalty and inherently better than us or anything we do or could ever do. It's hardly a secret that the only way to get cred in this scene is to succeed outside it. Stature in the past was based off platforms, at least *use* us ffs. How can anyone look at the past 5 years and conclude HU is an outfit not worth engaging with. It's criminally stupid. I propose a death sentence.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page